• Kelly and Merrett

Votes: 28 38.9%
  • Other

Votes: 8 11.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, I know it’s hard for some people, but can we not do the “we need to trade into the first round” thing in here.

😞

It's also not the thread to discuss current Hawthorn players and if they are in form or not, and whether they’re tradeable.

Trade targets. Trade targets. Trade targets.

That means players at other clubs, and our interest in them going forward.

Who on earth releases this rubbish and it’s not even April 1.

Last time I read it was against the rules to be offering players contracts while still contracted to another club so this is either complete total bs or amateur hour from a few managers releasing this nonsense at round 4 of a season to drive the players price up.

Who on earth releases this rubbish and it’s not even April 1.

Last time I read it was against the rules to be offering players contracts while still contracted to another club so this is either complete total bs or amateur hour from a few managers releasing this nonsense at round 4 of a season to drive the players price up.
It's against the rules for clubs to speak to players - not their management

Ok, so clubs speak to managers and then managers release the details to the public in round 4. Please.....

Hope the Hawks continue to do the work quietly behind the scenes.
Almost certainly the Blues who have secretly released this. Telling their supporters they have cash and players will come to them for less $$.
Can’t see Freo leaking that, maybe Cerra’s management if they want to lay the groundwork for him leaving. They’re not pressuring Freo to pay him more by saying Carlton are offering less...

Almost certainly the Blues who have secretly released this. Telling their supporters they have cash and players will come to them for less $$.
Can’t see Freo leaking that, maybe Cerra’s management if they want to lay the groundwork for him leaving. They’re not pressuring Freo to pay him more by saying Carlton are offering less...
Just a thought but maybe Carlton is gearing up for Cripps wanting to go back to WA which in that case then don't be surprised if they ask for Cerra back in return.

Going down the road of talented former high draft pick not playing up to potential, what about SPS?

Fairly underwhelming at half back for Carlton. Started his career as a pressure machine off half forward with a bit of skill and flair. Uncontacted after this year. Doubt he'd command much more than a late 2nd unless his year really improves.

Going down the road of talented former high draft pick not playing up to potential, what about SPS?

Fairly underwhelming at half back for Carlton. Started his career as a pressure machine off half forward with a bit of skill and flair. Uncontacted after this year. Doubt he'd command much more than a late 2nd unless his year really improves.
He gives me a soft on

This is only coming from mates who are Carlton supporters, but have heard that the club loves to tell everyone they pay / offer less as a way of building up hype and excitement amongst the supporter base. "He's coming to us and for for less than what Hawthorn offered!". It's all rubbish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t see a gun requesting a trade to Freo over West Coast myself
Not sure of Cripps' contact status but if he's still in contract and wants to go back to WA then Carlton really hold all the cards. If he wants to get back to WA that bad then you'd expect Carlton to be looking around for someone like Cerra who's reportedly keen to come back to VIC. Cripps is an absolute gun but Cerra is no chump either.

I got some news yesterday - was told to keep an eye on the Hawks and Charlie Curnow at the end of this season. None of this "maybe interested in him" stuff, he's a genuine target and has been since 2019. I trust the source enough to know that it's legit, whether we get him or not is another story.

Hasn't played for a long time now which is lowering his value, and no doubt we've been floating the knee recovery success card with him.

I got some news yesterday - was told to keep an eye on the Hawks and Charlie Curnow at the end of this season. None of this "maybe interested in him" stuff, he's a genuine target and has been since 2019. I trust the source enough to know that it's legit, whether we get him or not is another story.

Hasn't played for a long time now which is lowering his value, and no doubt we've been floating the knee recovery success card with him.
A wonderful talent but . We will probably manage to get him on the ground but he won’t be able to live up to his immense talent.

Bit of a shame really as he was very good to watch when on song. We’d want to be getting him for a future fourth rounder and on minimal coin, not worth it otherwise and even then

I thought there were some concerns as to whether he would ever be able to play again?

If he can get up and running again he could prove to be a very shrewd pickup.

Though regarding selling him our track record with knee injuries - surely the fact they have Russel now, who oversaw the fitness programs, would work in their favor.

Last edited:
Curnow is an absolute animal when fit and his constant injuries lessen his value. But he'll only be 25 next year with two years still to go on his contract. I'm thinking it'll cost us one of our second round picks.

There's also a significant risk - our recent injury-prone recruits haven't looked anywhere near as good as they did before injury. It makes me uncomfortable.

Charlie Curnow signed a 4 year extension as a 21 year old who finished 3rd in their B&F with 20+ games for 2 seasons. He'll be on very good money. Exactly the type of player we've gone after in recent years where cap space and injury risk lower trade value. Which means...

Future 4th :cool:

As long as he doesn't feel the urge to send unsolicited dick picks then why the heck not. Wasn't there a rumour doing the rounds ages ago before his terrible injury run and when Carlton still really sucked that he wanted to come to the Hawks? Pretty sure I remember someone around here saying that they were out on the town one night and Curnow was there as he was an acquaintance of one of his mates and they had overheard him saying he wanted to come over. Keep in mind this is going back about 3-4 years ago.

A wonderful talent but . We will probably manage to get him on the ground but he won’t be able to live up to his immense talent.

Bit of a shame really as he was very good to watch when on song. We’d want to be getting him for a future fourth rounder and on minimal coin, not worth it otherwise and even then

No for me we need to stop getting injured players in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back