• Kelly and Merrett

Votes: 28 38.9%
  • Other

Votes: 8 11.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, I know it’s hard for some people, but can we not do the “we need to trade into the first round” thing in here.

😞

It's also not the thread to discuss current Hawthorn players and if they are in form or not, and whether they’re tradeable.

Trade targets. Trade targets. Trade targets.

That means players at other clubs, and our interest in them going forward.

Would love Bolton but you'd think he'd either stay at Richmond or go home to WA.
Bolton for me is buyer beware, no doubting he's a good player but its a bit Tim Kelly about him, surrounded by elite players boosting his performance and for what it would take to get him I don't see it being worth the price.

Bolton for me is buyer beware, no doubting he's a good player but its a bit Tim Kelly about him, surrounded by elite players boosting his performance and for what it would take to get him I don't see it being worth the price.
Tim Kelly is a star.

Bolton is a very good player. But I think the price would be high

No doubt but I don't believe he's worth 14,18,24 and 37. That's a big hand for one player.
Bolton is worth a pick between 11-25, depending on how desperate the team is to trade for him.
Late first, early second is about right. He's not a superstar, despite having an exciting array of attributes.

Bolton is worth a pick between 11-25, depending on how desperate the team is to trade for him.
Late first, early second is about right. He's not a superstar, despite having an exciting array of attributes.
If he went for less than a top 10 pick, it would be a steal.

Athletic, skillful, goal kicking 22 year old forward/midfielder that's already one of the better clearance players in the league.

I would love him at Hawthorn, but I've got no reason to think he'd want to come here.

Has bailey Smith signed ?? Or with the right offer be attainable . Form has slipped abit playing a more outside role , I feel like he wants to be in the middle but with libba,dunkley,mcrae,bont and now treloar he has been pushed out . One player I'd hope we would throw the sink at .

How could they afford him?

Few blokes getting to the end - Zorko, Robinson. I’m sure they could fit him if he was keen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has bailey Smith signed ?? Or with the right offer be attainable . Form has slipped abit playing a more outside role , I feel like he wants to be in the middle but with libba,dunkley,mcrae,bont and now treloar he has been pushed out . One player I'd hope we would throw the sink at .
If they wouldn’t release Dunkley they won’t release Smith. But yes, he’s the type you’d throw the sink at and build a midfield around if there was the slightest sniff. The dogs just happen to have a few such blokes you could build a midfield around .

If they wouldn’t release Dunkley they won’t release Smith. But yes, he’s the type you’d throw the sink at and build a midfield around if there was the slightest sniff. The dogs just happen to have a few such blokes you could build a midfield around .

No one expected dunkley to even nominate essendon during trade period. With juh being taken at 1 in the draft bulldogs had no interest in what was being offered, if it was any other year it may have been different. It wouldn't be easy or he may not even think twice about leaving especially with how well the team is travelling but they need to pay bont upwards of 700k this year , if a club came and offered upwards of that for Smith I dont see how bulldogs could even come close.

If he went for less than a top 10 pick, it would be a steal.

Athletic, skillful, goal kicking 22 year old forward/midfielder that's already one of the better clearance players in the league.

I would love him at Hawthorn, but I've got no reason to think he'd want to come here.
Agreed. If he was only coming for $$$ then question then would be how much desire does he still have after winning a couple of premierships. He would really round out our midfield but yeah I reckon he stays a Tiger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one expected dunkley to even nominate essendon during trade period. With juh being taken at 1 in the draft bulldogs had no interest in what was being offered, if it was any other year it may have been different. It wouldn't be easy or he may not even think twice about leaving especially with how well the team is travelling but they need to pay bont upwards of 700k this year , if a club came and offered upwards of that for Smith I dont see how bulldogs could even come close.
There's going to come a time where our list management team will have to pay more for a player than we usually do so I wouldn't surprised to see that happen this offseason. There was talk around here that our leadership group were approached about making a decent offer for Tom Lynch when he was OOC. One would think those conversations would've been around something front / back loading of contracts through to would you be okay with this happening. We obviously wouldn't be making any ridiculous offers but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see us try to pry out a player from a team like the Dogs.

How could they afford him?

Maybe they have Cola....Nah they would have cash spare.

Daniher Cameron and Neale would be on massive coin. 750-900 mark.

Zorko and Rich 450-600 mark.

Hipwood 350-450.

The rest would drop away fairly quickly I reckon.

Maybe they have Cola....Nah they would have cash spare.

Daniher Cameron and Neale would be on massive coin. 750-900 mark.

Zorko and Rich 450-600 mark.

Hipwood 350-450.

The rest would drop away fairly quickly I reckon.
Harris Andrews would probably be on a bit or looking to be on a bit for his next contract too.

Hmmm. Could GWS be pushing him out the door?

They've already removed him from the midfield mix this year.

If he were at Hawthorn, I'd be playing him in the guts. He's an absolute gun.

It would take a huge sacrifice from Kelly. $8M on the table. Even if another club offers something huge like $900k over 6 years, that's walking away from $2.6M. He'd need to go to a club with cap space and the ability to make him hugely marketable off-field and post-career (big team, probably Melbourne market) to justify that.

I guess this is where we hope all that cap discipline pays off and we can justify to the playing group that even though he'll be on the biggest contract at the club, he's taking a big sacrifice. Pump $1.2M-$1.4M in him over the next 2 years and then smooth it out on the back. It's possible if GWS really don't want his contract and back themselves with Hopper, Green, Cogs, Taranto, Bruhn etc.

It's consistent with our strategy. Use cap space to take on existing risky bad contracts with upside (Scully, Patton, Phillips, Scrim).

It's possible but as pointed out above that contract he is offered is insane.

How can you offer someone that much money, for that length of time and have triggers in in that allowed him to leave all on the players side?

That is one of the most insane contracts i have seen offered.

This is a real issue apparently, what he believes he is and where he is played are poles apart.
Negoatiations would centre around where he plays and what his ongoing role would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back