Votes: 21 29.2%
  • Kelly and Merrett

Votes: 28 38.9%
  • Other

Votes: 8 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, I know it’s hard for some people, but can we not do the “we need to trade into the first round” thing in here.

😞

It's also not the thread to discuss current Hawthorn players and if they are in form or not, and whether they’re tradeable.

Trade targets. Trade targets. Trade targets.

That means players at other clubs, and our interest in them going forward.

Problem is we are 4 years minimum from being half decent, we aren't very attractive atm.

It doesn’t mean much. If we want to compete with the other Victorian club’s we’ve got to pay up and pay any trade/free agent targets what they want just to match them.

hawkguru

All Australian
Oct 12, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Would we be happy to give Richmond our top 5 pick for Bolton?? I would even throw in some steak knives he is playing great footy only 22 and can play in mid, wing and forward. I wonder how much he's going to be worth if he keeps this form up though.

Merrett for excess of 900k pa might upset a few hawthorn faithfuls but it's so very clear that we lack midfield class with some outside speed and to get Merrett and Bolton would be awesome.

Quality over quantity is the way to go imo.

May 28, 2007
Hobart
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Would we be happy to give Richmond our top 5 pick for Bolton?? I would even throw in some steak knives he is playing great footy only 22 and can play in mid, wing and forward. I wonder how much he's going to be worth if he keeps this form up though.

Merrett for excess of 900k pa might upset a few hawthorn faithfuls but it's so very clear that we lack midfield class with some outside speed and to get Merrett and Bolton would be awesome.

we wont break our pay structure (overpay) so its the draft for the next few years.

unless we get aggressive but i just dont see it.

cama30

Debutant
Oct 24, 2007
werribee
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Would love for Hawks to go for Petracelli and or Parfitt both guys are sitting behind others in there sides midfields and have pace to burn!!

Would love for Hawks to go for Petracelli and or Parfitt both guys are sitting behind others in there sides midfields and have pace to burn!!
Both are contracted from memory and both would be expensive trade wise to extricate.

Lickmesocks

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Bolton would be superb and the exact type of explosive X factor we are searching for but not a chance in the world they would trade him while he is contracted.

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
I wonder if the pay structure we’re so used to hearing about is out the door with Wrighty
I hope it is but still in a controlled manner. We need to start spending but on the right players and still nothing ridiculous that doesn’t allow a player/s we bring in to live up to the contract. I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

Sep 28, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hickey last season was available. But we chose to persist with Cegs.
Would have been an amazing pick up considering how much he has improved Sydney. Also his ball use by foot has been incredibly good. Easily the best ruckman by foot in the league. And one of the best kicks of all players.

Sep 28, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
And West Choke elected to go with Vardy instead.
Hickey probably went for the guaranteed game time rather than being stuck behind Nic nat. Going to Sydney seems to have brought out the best in him.

I’m not sure how Vardy is still on a list to be honest. I really wish I was tall. I might have made it as a ruckman. As long as you are tall someone will give you a gig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back