Votes: 21 29.2%
  • Kelly and Merrett

Votes: 28 38.9%
  • Other

Votes: 8 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, I know it’s hard for some people, but can we not do the “we need to trade into the first round” thing in here.

😞

It's also not the thread to discuss current Hawthorn players and if they are in form or not, and whether they’re tradeable.

Trade targets. Trade targets. Trade targets.

That means players at other clubs, and our interest in them going forward.

Aug 16, 2009
Right behind you!
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Pick 2 PSD please.
F28A3906-CB18-4143-B331-9D933383119D.jpeg

What do you reckon we'd have to give to get him, Topes?
I have a couple ideas but I wanna see what (closer to) a professional reckons!
We do not do this here.

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
If we have pick 2 in the pre-season draft, and he is uncontracted... it might not have to be market value if we are willing to be pricks about it.
Couldn’t see us doing business that way (sending him to the PSD) as it reflects badly on us as a club and is not something Cerra would want to go through either. Cerra is worth at least a top 10 pick maybe more and we are not in a position to be giving up multiple draft collateral.

On the flip side though they do owe us after the Brad Hill trade so maybe it’s time to collect 😜

What's this?
Hypothesise how a trade would be done.

Just ends up being pages of opinions and arguments about whether we should trade this guy or that guy. Makes for horrible and pointless reading.

Dec 22, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If we have pick 2 in the pre-season draft, and he is uncontracted... it might not have to be market value if we are willing to be pricks about it.
Would need to get past Norf, although I hear they may have their eye on another player with pick 1.

fwiw, I can't see our club trying to f&$k over another by pushing a player to the PSD. We have history under Clarko paying market price. Although with Wrighty gone.... 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Jazzfan

Club Legend
Apr 12, 2021
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Couldn’t see us doing business that way (sending him to the PSD) as it reflects badly on us as a club and is not something Cerra would want to go through either. Cerra is worth at least a top 10 pick maybe more and we are not in a position to be giving up multiple draft collateral.

On the flip side though they do owe us after the Brad Hill trade so maybe it’s time to collect 😜

I agree, but it doesn't mean you can't leverage it. Take Caldwell, obviously not Cerra, but the bombers ended up paying pick 33 for a player the giants were desperate to keep.

I still think if he wanted hawks, probably unlikely, you could get him for under market value. Pick swap of firsts with freo as a start... or our two picks in the 20s (20 and 21 currently).

Either way, we could be in a good position to leverage him being uncontracted.

RoughandLove

Team Captain
Oct 3, 2008
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
G’Day Guys, hope you’re all well.

Just a little bit of news to share, I think it’s been well documented we’re hitting the draft pretty hard for the next couple of years.

Big Fish looking unlikely this year but we’re looking to spread the money around with our salary cap and attract role players like Scrimshaw, Impey etc currently and Lake, Gibson, Hale previously.

If we were to land a big fish we’d be more inclined to lose one of our big fish rather than our upcoming high draft picks - I don’t mind this strategy.

We’re not gonna get all of these players but players of interest are:

Williams (WC)
Ladhams (PA)
Long (St K)
Brodie (GC)
Lonie (St K)
Wallis (WB)
Clark (Gee)
Frampton (Adel)
Himmelberg (Adel)
Riccardi (GWS)
Dow (Carl)
SPS (Carl)
Sharp (GC)
Fiorini (GC)

I expect us to land 2-3 of these players. A ruckman or 2 a priority for me. Cegs, Brooksby & BB are cooked. BB can only play on heart for so long - champion.

Which 3 of the list would you like us to get?

For me

Ladhams
Clark
Long

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

RoughandLove

Team Captain
Oct 3, 2008
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Just a little bit of news to share, I think it’s been well documented we’re hitting the draft pretty hard for the next couple of years.

Big Fish looking unlikely this year but we’re looking to spread the money around with our salary cap and attract role players like Scrimshaw, Impey etc currently and Lake, Gibson, Hale previously.

If we were to land a big fish we’d be more inclined to lose one of our big fish rather than our upcoming high draft picks - I don’t mind this strategy.

Williams (WC)
Ladhams (PA)
Long (St K)
Brodie (GC)
Lonie (St K)
Wallis (WB)
Clark (Gee)
Frampton (Adel)
Himmelberg (Adel)
Riccardi (GWS)
Dow (Carl)
SPS (Carl)
Sharp (GC)
Fiorini (GC)

I expect us to land 2-3 of these players. A ruckman or 2 a priority for me. Cegs, Brooksby & BB are cooked. BB can only play on heart for so long - champion.

For me

Ladhams
Clark
Long

Toasted

All Australian
Jul 7, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Williams (WC)
Ladhams (PA)
Long (St K)
Brodie (GC)
Lonie (St K)
Wallis (WB)
Clark (Gee)
Frampton (Adel)
Himmelberg (Adel)
Riccardi (GWS)
Dow (Carl)
SPS (Carl)
Sharp (GC)
Fiorini (GC)

For me

Ladhams
Clark
Long

So good, has to be posted twice! Love your work!

Dec 22, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Williams (WC)
Ladhams (PA)
Long (St K)
Brodie (GC)
Lonie (St K)
Wallis (WB)
Clark (Gee)
Frampton (Adel)
Himmelberg (Adel)
Riccardi (GWS)
Dow (Carl)
SPS (Carl)
Sharp (GC)
Fiorini (GC)

For me

Ladhams
Clark
Long

Swap Long for Brodie and I'd be happy

Good to have you back R&L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back