List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no way Carlton let him go.
It would have to be something massive. A hail Mary if you will - for him to part ways.

Any offer to Harry would be contingent on him coming via PSD.

We’re not giving up two first rounders mid-rebuild.
100% it’s the main reason we’d be a chance (having his twin bro helps too) but Is knowing we don’t even have to trade for him if he nominated us

and karma on the blues for getting Martin for free 2 years ago via the same Method

If we end up last Harry McKay is probably too big a fish to send to PSD without ruining a trade relationship for a decade however if we have a pick 1 in the PSD and don't use it then it would be an enormous lost opportunity.

If we end up last Harry McKay is probably too big a fish to send to PSD without ruining a trade relationship for a decade however if we have a pick 1 in the PSD and don't use it then it would be an enormous lost opportunity.
I doubt we care about trading with Carlton in the future after we get Mckay for free

It’s worth burning that bridge

I doubt we care about trading with Carlton in the future after we get Mckay for free

It's all well and good to say that mate but five years later and they're sitting last and offering OOC Jason Horne 1.2mil a year to walk to the PSD then we'd remember it. You never know what can happen. If they play hardball though and we've done everything fairly, that's a different story.

In 5 years when Hugh G McDong (2 year draftee) wants to play for North as he BFNAAK, we are sitting entrenched in top 2 every year, so we have to deal with the reigning wooden spooners Carltank?
It does come around, other teams will try it on us, it’s only really there as a last resort, teams that are far too difficult to deal with eventually get screwed

Last edited:
It's all well and good to say that mate but five years later and they're sitting last and offering OOC Jason Horne 1.2mil a year to walk to the PSD then we'd remember it. You never know what can happen. If they play hardball though and we've done everything fairly, that's a different story.
60CF6EB4-5A35-481B-A48F-D744A50759EA.gif

In 5 years when Hugh E McDong (2 year draftee) wants to play for North as he BFNAAK, we are sitting entrenched in top 2 every year, so we have to deal with the reigning wooden spooners Carltank?
It does come around, other teams will try it on us, it’s only really there as a last resort, teams that are far too difficult to deal with eventually get screwed
by then as you say top 2/higher up the ladder we’ve hopefully capitalised on a flag and I wouldn’t mind the same scenario happen to us

we are never in this last position it’s time to milk it for all it’s worth with the PSD luring a big fish

(Log in to remove this ad.)

by then as you say top 2/higher up the ladder we’ve hopefully capitalised on a flag and I wouldn’t mind the same scenario happen to us

we are never in this last position it’s time to milk it for all it’s worth with the PSD luring a big fish

It’s a good threat to have, occasionally it will be work with a mid level player, but it won’t work in this situation

Looks at blues list …….. nothing to see here

We will have a lot more money to offer Harry Mckay than the scum, they’ve got Merrett Parish and stringer all still out of contract

They just lost Daniher, Saad and Fantasia and had put good money aside to try keep them.

Essendon have massive cap space.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If we landed Harry through the psd I don't think anyone will give a flying fundamental about a trade relationship with Carlton.

It's just business.

F03E6C3F-2ED6-4674-8461-FBA0BF950BA6.png

ok here we go with a 4-way trade scenario if Harry wants to come to the best club in the world.

NM IN: H. McKay
NM OUT: 2022 first rounder & pick 20.

BLWS IN: NM 2022 first rounder & pick 20, A. Cerra & B. Brown.
BLWS OUT: Pick 5, Pick 24.

FREO IN: Pick 5
FREO OUT: A. Cerra.

MELB IN: Pick 24.
MELB OUT: B. Brown

* NM get their man in HMac and use it to leverage JK too. Should get another two picks in 20’s for Frog compo & PP.
* BLWS get their man in Cerra and also have an instant plug in Full forward, plus have 2 x first rounders in 2022.
* FREO get to use pick 5 on WA boy 191 cm midfielder Matt Johnson whose likened to Pendleburry.
* MELB get to offload a reportedly disgruntled B. Brown for a big pick upgrade.

Last edited:
View attachment 1149691

ok here we go with a 4-way trade scenario if Harry wants to come to the best club in the world.

* NM get their man in HMac and use it to leverage JK too. Should get another two picks in 20’s for Frog compo & PP.
* BLWS get their man in Cerra and also have an instant plug in Full forward, plus have 2 x first rounders in 2022.
* FREO get to use pick 5 on WA boy 191 cm midfielder Matt Johnson whose likened to Pendleburry.

Ben Brown is disgruntled, starting to see a pattern here.

No-one deserves a spot in the side just for signing, Weiderman, Jackson, and McDonald are all playing better than he right now.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

View attachment 1149691

The Ben Brown disgruntled ’rumour’ came from one of those BS Facebook pages run by a 12yo. Don’t fall for that crap.

Yeah - and they'd offer that to him either way and f*ck us over gladly. Don't overthink it, every club in the land would do that deal to get Harry via the PSD and every other club would expect them to do so. End of the day it is up to Carlton to manage its cap and not just assume that players already on its list will take massive unders.

* Carlton with rusty barbed wire. I won't forget that they were happy to take over our club and put us out of business. So * playing nice. As unlikely as the PSD scenario is for Harry, I'd be more than content for us to make them bleed.

And if we do get Horne and he turns out as good as we hope, then he can give those campaigners the same answer as The Duck did..."tell them to get ****ed"

How much would JZ, Goldy, Tazz, and Cunners be on?

They certainly won’t be on as much moving forward.

Atley, Dumont, Polec, all expendable and on decent coin. Tyson, Hall .....???

We could afford Mckay and Kelly. Take Horne at 1. Use our 2022 first and 2021 second for Mckay or if that’s not accepted get him to walk to the PSD.

I know it won’t happen but geez.......
We need the Suns' end of first round compo pick this year. It, our second this year and next year's first or PSD. That's pick 19 and 20 this year and what should be sellable as a top 5 pick next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back