List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.

However, there does appear to be an issue on how some of our greatest players of the past 20 years have finished up in this game. Obviously, the 4 that Bard cut was a bad look. But Wells limped to the line and went probably 2 years too long. Petrie had 1 more season at West Coast, for what??? Swallow had his injury and was never the same but was bog average at the end. McMillan played until he got delisted. LT went to Port, for what???

I can only really think of Scott Thompson who finished up strongly and with dignity. Its pretty shameful.

Well’s was a match-winner to the very end. However, his body let him down, unfortunately.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

lure of returning home the only reason he’d leave.
Doesn't explain the rumours of him almost going to Essendon at the end of last year. I mean, they might well just be rumour, but it's been mentioned in the media this year when previously I think it was just posted about here.

Jack Billings is a good footballer but has no outstanding traits. He's not overly fast, he doesn't have moves in close like Jy or LDU. He's a nice kick but not sure what he would add to the team.
i reckon he would make a very good sty at home forward, definately knows where the sticks are. prolly just never became the midfielder he was touted to be.

The Blues doing their best to remind 17 other list managers of why you do not shoot your load on a rebuild too early.

Too bad for the saints they didn’t listen.

Stay the coarse, no short cuts.

Giving up a future first for Stocker doesn’t look the best added to the picks for half backs they’ve also given away

The Blues doing their best to remind 17 other list managers of why you do not shoot your load on a rebuild too early.

Great post. I think with a proper 2nd tall fwd and another mid we will be a very competitive unit next year. Perhaps we dont need to recruit the mid with Jed back and another year into WAP and Tom

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Spot on - the Saints list if almost a criminal offence. I couldn't get to sleep the another night, and instead of sheep, started counting the number of mature age players recruited at Moorabbin - got to double figures

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With his decision making- he probably won’t know till it happens
He'll get offered a deal by another club, accept it, then reconsider, look for other alternatives, and ultimately decide to take the safe option and stay put.
This is his way.

Spot on - the Saints list if almost a criminal offence. I couldn't get to sleep the another night, and instead of sheep, started counting the number of mature age players recruited at Moorabbin - got to double figures
Yeah it is amazing that the Saints got an A plus 12 months ago for winning trade week. Just goes to prove how clueless a lot of the media really are. Like Psicosis and a few more keep banning on about STAY THE COURSE. Trade smart and for the future not short term fixes. God i am really getting excited about our future i cop a lot of crap from work mates and others being a North supporter. I have a long memory but i doubt VERY much i will need one we are looking really good for the not so distant future.

Yeah it is amazing that the Saints got an A plus 12 months ago for winning trade week. Just goes to prove how clueless a lot of the media really are. Like Psicosis and a few more keep banning on about STAY THE COURSE. Trade smart and for the future not short term fixes. God i am really getting excited about our future i cop a lot of crap from work mates and others being a North supporter. I have a long memory but i doubt VERY much i will need one we are looking really good for the not so distant future.

People can make declarations like "stay the course" all day long, but it doesn't mean anything if they don't know when to pull the trigger.

Just because someone promotes a heavy draft stratetgy doesn't mean they are promoting anything beyond "hope".

Yeah i reckon our mob will know when to pull the trigger and that starts with Kelly.

I agree.

If we were to land Kelly & Horne, then there's no more current "course"............."to stay", and we look at the trade markets.

Their biggest problem is draft picks didn’t come on eg: Dow,SPS, Kemp Stocker, O’Brien. Then they doubled down by picking up average players on high salaries.

The Curnow injury hurt them as well, but every side gets injuries.

Their biggest problem is draft picks didn’t come on eg: Dow,SPS, Kemp Stocker, O’Brien. Then they doubled down by picking up average players on high salaries.

Good point, but when a proper rebuild hits the tipping point, then the odd positional type here & there can be repaired via the trade market.

The problem with StKilda & Carlton was that they still had 3 or 4 holes in the side that still needed fixing.

Waite also finished up with some still in the tank IMO however he did it with class.

Hate seeing players like Higgins not fully being accepted by his new club supporters. We were bloody lucky to have him in his prime.

Makes me sick that Wells seems to be considered a Collingwood guy more than North.
Higgins yes, Wells I don't give a s**t about.

I agree.

If we were to land Kelly & Horne, then there's no more current "course"............."to stay", and we look at the trade markets.
Yeah i would be very interested to know what our clubs thoughts would be with our high 2nd pick 20ish if we got Kelly and Horne and what others on here thought.

Yeah i would be very interested to know what our clubs thoughts would be with our high 2nd pick 20ish if we got Kelly and Horne and what others on here thought.

If we get Kelly & Horne then the only "watch" is Comben, and Noble strikes me as a coach that has no problems with going with just one KPF if he can get away with it.

Larkey showed again last night that he's going to at least be a high quality 2nd KPF once he gets stronger. X will also become a good AFL level contested mark.

If Charlie falters for whatever reason, then it's off to the trade market we go, because the midfield and everything else is already set, so you don't twiddle your thumbs for another 3-4 years waiting for a KPF to develop..

Problem i reckon with the Blues was when plan A did not work they panic bought.

If we get Kelly & Horne then the only "watch" is Comben, and Noble strikes me as a coach that has no problems with going with just one KPF if he can get away with it.

Larkey showed again last night that he's going to at least be a high quality 2nd KPF once he gets stronger. X will also become a good AFL level contested mark.

If Charlie falters for whatever reason, then it's off to the trade market we go, because the midfield and everyting else is already set, so you don't twiddle your thimbs for another 3-4 years waiting for a KPF to develop..
Horne seems a lock. Kelly will be on again off again until trade period so no idea really. Comben is a worry with his injuries but could be a real bonus if he can get a run of luck - I have him in the fingers crossed group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back