List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horne seems a lock. Kelly will be on again off again until trade period so no idea really. Comben is a worry with his injuries but could be a real bonus if he can get a run of luck - I have him in the fingers crossed group.

Of course, and if Charlie came up short, you go & get a ready made and then you can still bring one through to develop in the background at the same time.

The problem with StKilda & Carlton was that they still had 3 or 4 holes in the side that still needed fixing.
It's no coincidence that both club's have had the same problem over time. You have to build a premiership team you can't buy one. Carlton/Richmond tried it in the 70's and 80's and the Saints tried it in 2000. In St Kilda's case it's the old cliche of once bitten twice shy, they don't seem to learn

I like the plan. Easier said than done to get a ready made. Who’s out there?

In say 2023?

Hipwood
Daniher
McKay
Finlayson
Dixon
Georgiades

Anyone in particular you have in mind Snake as a ready to go KKP or just best avaluable to us.

No mate, because I don't know how Comben's 2022 is going to go, or what kid we might pick up in this years draft.

It's no coincidence that both club's have had the same problem over time. You have to build a premiership team you can't buy one. Carlton/Richmond tried it in the 70's and 80's and the Saints tried it in 2000. In St Kilda's case it's the old cliche of once bitten twice shy, they don't seem to learn

Carlton already messed up a rebuild with the Judd trade (great player, but bad timing). The notion of a proper list rebuild is foreign to them.

In StKilda's defence off field economics might have forced their hand.

I'm not interested in "stay the course", I'm interested in "where's the destination"?
The “destination “ is us members helping the club to achieve the goal of winning a flag by 2024/5 & having over 50000 members who buy a membership & attend games you muppet.
How dare You have the face to ask what our clubs destination is when you f#cking openly claim you don’t contribute a cent to the development & helping our club achieve its ultimate destination.
As I said many times before .... what ever you ask or want to know from our club as far as future goals whilst you openly Proudly claim You contribute nothing to the running of it ......
567A8395-209C-4D75-90FB-C8E031E63CD4.gif

Pretty unattainable list there mate, unfortunately.....maybe HMac or Finlayson.
thought McStay was terrific yesterday......hard as a cats head too

Who knows how the environment will be in 2 years time?

In say 2023?

Hipwood
Daniher
McKay
Finlayson
Dixon
Georgiades

No mate, because I don't know how Comben's 2022 is going to go, or what kid we might pick up in this years draft.
Not that i an any expert but i would like to have a bit of a dip at the following Cox Freo Taloy GWS Mclean Swans Lewis from the Hawks i think all these blokes have huge up side and may be gettable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their biggest problem is draft picks didn’t come on eg: Dow,SPS, Kemp Stocker, O’Brien. Then they doubled down by picking up average players on high salaries.

The Curnow injury hurt them as well, but every side gets injuries.

This is spot on in regards to drafting the wrong kids. They got their talls mostly right, but their midfield is far below average. Out of all the mids they drafted only Walsh looks like being an A grader (he already is). You simply can’t contend without having A grade mids. If you compare their midfield to any top 8 side, you can clearly see why they’re not in there. A handful of the players they have picked they had hoped to be midfielders but are more suited to a flank, which creates an even bigger hole in their midfield.

I also think during their rebuild drafting so many players from GWS was a massive blunder by Silvagni. I know they got a lot of them on the cheap, but it is still taking up list spots. The list spots could have been utilised in the draft pool by bringing in a fresh face. You only need to look at our list and see some of the gems we have picked later in the draft. Nailing some of those picks is just as important as nailing your high picks. The worst thing is Silvagni drafted them and then backed over again and traded for them. I think Silvagni really needs to held mostly accountable for the spot they’re in now.

Jaksch
Kennedy
Lamb
Marchbank
Palmer
Phillips
Pickett
Plowman
Setterfield
Sumner
Whiley
Williams

That’s a disturbing list of players to have on a list over a number of years. There were 1st and 2nd round picks given up for some of those players as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Not that i an any expert but i would like to have a bit of a dip at the following Cox Freo Taloy GWS Mclean Swans Lewis from the Hawks i think all these blokes have huge up side and may be gettable.

Who knows mate? It's all down the track, and I literally know bugger all about Charlie Comben.

The best outcome is that Comben plays all season in 2022 at CHF, takes 120 marks and kicks 35+ goals with Larkey getting 50+ goals.

Comben has played zero games and has a bad back injury. The rest of the forward line is essentially dysfuctional.

The midfield is full of potential, but is redicululousy far off anyting resembling 2 way running required to win anything.

The defense looks ok.

We are no position to 'shore up'. We still need to look for talent.

Comben has played zero games and has a bad back injury. The rest of the forward line is essentially dysfuctional.

The midfield is full of potential, but is redicululousy far off anyting resembling 2 way running required to win anything.

The defense looks ok.

And replace Goldy, cunners, taz, hall and Ziebs in the next three years.

That’s a lot of holes to try and skip a few steps by fast tracking the rebuild.

And replace Goldy, cunners, taz, hall and Ziebs in the next three years.

That’s a lot of holes to try and skip a few steps by fast tracking the rebuild.
Ask St Kilda fans how much they like idea of paying Crouch, Hill and Hannebury for the next few years.

I understand the logic of building a playing group for a flag, but you still need a healthy list profile and that includes some older blokes. We score someone like Kelly and five years from now he's 30/31 and leading our group from the front.

While it's important to have guys building to the 24-27 age bracket you absolutely need to have a demographic building towards being the older wise heads, too.

Look at the way Cunnington murders a pack and watch him over the next few years just keep getting better at it. You need that just as much as you need the 25 year old in the prime of his speed/recovery life.

The defense looks ok.

Are we not always looking for talent. You may have to be a little more specific for me. What type of talent. So what are your thoughts on getting Say Kelly.

I understand the logic of building a playing group for a flag, but you still need a healthy list profile and that includes some older blokes. We score someone like Kelly and five years from now he's 30/31 and leading our group from the front.

While it's important to have guys building to the 24-27 age bracket you absolutely need to have a demographic building towards being the older wise heads, too.

Look at the way Cunnington murders a pack and watch him over the next few years just keep getting better at it. You need that just as much as you need the 25 year old in the prime of his speed/recovery life.
Perfect. and spot on.

You're right.

But the question is whether we have the young core in place.

I don't think we're there yet. I need to see LDU, Simpkin, Thomas show the 2 way running needed.

I can't lock in a key forward for the next 5 years. Or a small forward. Hell, any forward.

Our next ruckman is studying for his Science exams.

Add a piece like Kelly, but the idea of plugging in a few vets to our young core is off IMO. The core isn't there yet.

The defense looks ok.

It’s easy to run one way, Two way running comes with fitness.. I have no doubt we’ll get TT, LDU, Powell and Phillips running up and back in a couple of years regardless of who we bring in next..
Edwards might be a gift..
But we still need to load up on talent..

It’s easy to run way, Two way running comes with fitness.. I have no doubt we’ll get TT, LDU, Powell and Phillips running up and back in a couple of years regardless of ho we bring in next..
True, but it's never happened with Cunnington. My point it, we can't lock in anything. We're at the basement. Maybe a Kelly. But the draft and development must be the focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back