List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do have more cap room than most and we are in a position to offer senior footy better than most due to our list dinamic.
So you would think, if we identify out targets early and smartly, we are a chance with younger players in particular.

I'll believe it when I see it mate.

Clearly big $$ wasn't enough of an enticement to join us in the past.

Here's an idea they'll never do.

You can choose to nominate a preferred state for drafting in the national draft but your wage is capped for 3 years as a result.

And once you're out of the ND you're open slather in the rookie draft but that means you're on rookie terms.

This would sort out some of the bullshit going on. Fine, say you only want to play in WA or Vic or wherever but the open market draftees will earn more than you.
It's a good idea but it would be exploited if it came in. Imagine Logan McDonald nominating WA and has to play three seasons on reduced wage. West Coast picks him up cheaply, pays him crap rookie wage but gives him other under the table handouts as they do anyway to the likes of Gaff etc.

It's a good idea but it would be exploited if it came in. Imagine Logan McDonald nominating WA and has to play three seasons on reduced wage. West Coast picks him up cheaply, pays him crap rookie wage but gives him other under the table handouts as they do anyway to the likes of Gaff etc.

It's true but now you have these situations like Tim Kelly or potentially McCasey where it's wasting a lot of time.

The disincentive has to be against the draftee rather than club I think.

The Logan example is true but they're doing the off-books stuff anyway and this might at least cut out a % of timewasters for clubs across the board. Remember there'd be Vic clubs doing the same thing in response too.

I'll believe it when I see it mate.

Clearly big $$ wasn't enough of an enticement to join us in the past.
In the past big $$$ were offered to gun established players. If we target 21-23 year olds who have played around 15-25 games and are looking for a senior team opportunity, it will be a lot easier. Kinda like Lachie Young I suppose but a bit more established.

In the past big $$$ were offered to gun established players. If we target 21-23 year olds who have played around 15-25 games and are looking for a senior team opportunity, it will be a lot easier. Kinda like Lachie Young I suppose but a bit more established.

I like the theory just think we've gone there a bit too and inevitably seem to be the less preferred club with the odd exception (eg Jed Anderson).

I like the theory just think we've gone there a bit too and inevitably seem to be the less preferred club with the odd exception (eg Jed Anderson).
Yes we have done it a bit, but it only looks good if a player makes it - ie Anderson. But if a player chooses us but can't really establish himself - ie Bonar (jury is out on Young and Atu) then obviously it gets overlooked.

Here's an idea they'll never do.

You can choose to nominate a preferred state for drafting in the national draft but your wage is capped for 3 years as a result.

And once you're out of the ND you're open slather in the rookie draft but that means you're on rookie terms.

This would sort out some of the bullshit going on. Fine, say you only want to play in WA or Vic or wherever but the open market draftees will earn more than you.

What if i state I want to play in Tasmania? As they don't have a side as yet, do i sit out until then? Cause who wouldn't want to play for side known as 'Devilsmania"?

What if i state I want to play in Tasmania? As they don't have a side as yet, do i sit out until then? Cause who wouldn't want to play for side known as 'Devilsmania"?

You just sit it out 2 years and come in with their flagship new team funded out of a GDP that now seems to exceed China's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes we have done it a bit, but it only looks good if a player makes it - ie Anderson. But if a player chooses us but can't really establish himself - ie Bonar (jury is out on Young and Atu) then obviously it gets overlooked.

Fair point though we didn't thrash it out with a raft for suitors for Bonar either.

I did get the impression our value proposition seemed to increase under Shaw for whatever reason ie Corr but we'll see at the end of '21 how attractive we really are.

Fair point though we didn't thrash it out with a raft for suitors for Bonar either.

I did get the impression our value proposition seemed to increase under Shaw for whatever reason ie Corr but we'll see at the end of '21 how attractive we really are.

Not a single player actually wanted to play for Brad Scott.

Outside the “deadliest catch” group.

assuming there's budget for more than one; it might be more than just a football decision

True, I can't see us taking more than two. I also think Comben will be given every opportunity to recover and play this year (unless I missed his doomsday diagnosis for 2021).

True, I can't see us taking more than two. I also think Comben will be given every opportunity to recover and play this year (unless I missed his doomsday diagnosis for 2021).
By the time you get to our 3rd pick you'd getting amongst the slops. We'd have to think anyone we take has a realistic chance to make the grade.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back