List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's been a bit of a running theme on here.

They won a flag 10 years ago and their cliff appears to consist of competing in the top 4 every year and reaching another grand final or 2 within a decade.

Sign me up for one of those cliffs.
Our next flag is amost there though King Corey

Forgetting Cerra for a moment, and just on the splitting pick 1....

On one hand you're thinking, midfield looks set, IF we had pick 1, trading down for a KP and a flanker, both potentially elite in their position makes sense. Should 'round out ' the list nicely.

But on the other hand, the great Souup has Horne in a Tier of his own.

Perhaps with the recent access to top 5 picks we've forgotten what it was like to sit on the fringes of the draft?...

Atley 17, McKenzie 18, Garner 15, Mcdonald 8, Durdin 16, Mckay 21, Simpkin 12

7 years to draft 3 consistent guns.

Compared to our rebuild phase:
LDU 4, TT 8, Phillips 3.

3 from 3.

If this momentum carries into 2022 we'd be drafting in the pick 8-15 range from here on out.

Easy to split pick 1 this year, almost impossible to trade back in to the top 5 in the years that follow.

Thanks to Collingwood's colossal stuff up, we're still a chance to get Horne and avoid the spoon.
A win each to Hawthorn and North, and no more for the Pies would mean:

16. Hawks
17. North
18. Pies

They don't have enough draft points for both Daicos and Horne

Thanks to Collingwood's colossal stuff up, we're still a chance to get Horne and avoid the spoon.

16. Hawks
17. North
18. Pies

I’m confused

16. Hawks
17. North
18. Pies

GWS have their pick

16. Hawks
17. North
18. Pies

Just FYI, so we all know who has what picks, it may pay for Giantroo to start his community service by having this pinned to this thread also

16. Hawks
17. North
18. Pies

If the pies didn’t trade their first rounder they would most certainly have daicos and Horne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forgetting Cerra for a moment, and just on the splitting pick 1....

On one hand you're thinking, midfield looks set, IF we had pick 1, trading down for a KP and a flanker, both potentially elite in their position makes sense. Should 'round out ' the list nicely.

But on the other hand, the great Souup has Horne in a Tier of his own.

Perhaps with the recent access to top 5 picks we've forgotten what it was like to sit on the fringes of the draft?...

Atley 17, McKenzie 18, Garner 15, Mcdonald 8, Durdin 16, Mckay 21, Simpkin 12

7 years to draft 3 consistent guns.

Compared to our rebuild phase:
LDU 4, TT 8, Phillips 3.

3 from 3.

If this momentum carries into 2022 we'd be drafting in the pick 8-15 range from here on out.

Easy to split pick 1 this year, almost impossible to trade back in to the top 5 in the years that follow.

The easiest thing to do is to swap next years 1st with Gold Coast’s pick 5.

1:Horne
5:Gibcus
20:Wilmott/Amiss/Rachelle/Goater

Getting 21 for Dumont would be icing and perhaps allow us to get 2 of that group and go someway to solving two glaring holes on the list.

The easiest thing to do is to swap next years 1st with Gold Coast’s pick 5.

1:Horne
5:Gibcus
20:Wilmott/Amiss/Rachelle/Goater

Getting 21 for Dumont would be icing and perhaps allow us to get 2 of that group and go someway to solving two glaring holes on the list.

Why would they do that though? It would have to be next years first and something I wouldve thought.

After the Pies debacle cant see anyone bidding up future picks.

As for Dumont compo, JK puts an end to that ;-)

Why would they do that though? It would have to be next years first and something I wouldve thought.

After the Pies debacle cant see anyone bidding up future picks.

As for Dumont compo, JK puts an end to that ;-)

We are last, there’s a decent chance it will be pick 1-4. It also buys them time to come up with a strategy to use it wisely.

I’m greedy, I want Horne, Gibcus and Wilmott and I think it’s pretty doable.

2022 R1 > GWS > 11 might be enough for instance for Gibcus.

Hall + 38 > Melbourne > 17
Ziebell + 2022 R1 > GC > 5
20 + 22 R2 > GWS > 11 (fahey)
Match the Dumont deal and then trade him to Adelaide for pick 23 (dunno if legal but they can only say no)

All these would be palatable IMO

I’d Listen to offers for Atley, Mahony, Taylor, Turner, Garner.

We need to be equally bold this off-season and cut really deep again.

We are last, there’s a decent chance it will be pick 1-4. It also buys them time to come up with a strategy to use it wisely.

Match the Dumont deal and then trade him to Adelaide for pick 23 (dunno if legal but they can only say no)

If only this was like the NFL and players had no say in their ability to be traded while under contract.
Why would you get rid of our future in Turner, Mahony and Taylor?

If only this was like the NFL and players had no say in their ability to be traded while under contract.
Why would you get rid of our future in Turner, Mahony and Taylor?

I said I would listen to offers, might be hard to find a spot for these guys going forward, they’re peripheral and at potentially their highest value, you’d be crazy not to listen, maybe not Taylor but the other two will be pushing to get a game in 2024.

It’s going to be pretty cutthroat

It's been a bit of a running theme on here.

They won a flag 10 years ago and their cliff appears to consist of competing in the top 4 every year and reaching another grand final or 2 within a decade.

Sign me up for one of those cliffs.

Yeah, funny how they have made finals in 8 of the 9 seasons since 2011 and only made the grand final once (touch wood). It's not a cliff but it sure sounds an awful like making up the numbers, which if I remember correctly was something we were criticised for doing under Scott's. Also I wonder how many extra H&A wins we would get per year if we played all our home games at a ground with entirely unique dimensions that most of the comp is unfamiliar with?

But no I'm sure Ratugolea, Narkle, Parfitt and Constable will more than fill the void left by Hawkins, Selwood, Dangerfield and Duncan in 2-3 years time and Geelong will continue on their merry way.

Why are we trading mahoney, taylor, turner, these three are the midtier player that performs very important roles for the team.

Their values are only appreciated once we have lost them.

Garner has no value, he might win us a few games when fully fit otherwise he is a discard.

Atley is the most durable player on our list. He cannot be replaced yet because no one can do what he does with the same level of durability. Being able to stay on the park is a most valuable skill.

Matching dumont deal is a good move

I love the aged old paradox since free agency has entered footy -

"Cerra is desperate to get back to Melbourne"

"You have to pay overs to get anyone to move to clubs"

Does he want to move back to Melbourne or does he want to move back to Melbourne because Belly has offered fair value?

I mean, whatever club that signs Cerra is giving up a great pick/s. Here's your 4 year deal on 600k. You want 850k? Earn it bud.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Let's be clear - our future is not Turner, Mahoney and Taylor.
Yeah just like Richmonds dynasty didn’t have role players like McIntosh, Short, Graham and Baker.. ohh wait..

Roos eyeing off Sam Weideman

ROOS EXPLORING DEMONS TALL

NORTH Melbourne is tracking the prospects of the key forward who has lost his spot to former Roos forward Ben Brown at Melbourne.

Sam Weideman sits on the Roos' radar as a potential target at season's end as they weigh up the need for extra support for Nick Larkey in attack.

The Roos have been scouting the out-of-contract Demon throughout a season that has consisted of five AFL games but none since round 13.

It is understood Gold Coast has also shown a level of interest in Weideman.

The 24-year-old booted three goals in each of his last two VFL appearances before the competition pause and has watched Brown get selected for the past three AFL matches alongside youngster Luke Jackson and the rejuvenated Tom McDonald in attack.

Brown, 28, last year crossed to Melbourne on a four-year deal after he was told he was no longer required at Arden Street. The Roos haven't made any form of offer to Weideman but are expected to watch on with interest as the VFL season resumes this weekend.

They have been buoyed by the progression of second-year tall forward Charlie Comben in recent scratch matches having returned from a serious leg injury earlier this month.

The Roos also recruited prized 202cm youngster Jacob Edwards with pick No.1 in June's NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft who is seen as a long-term prospect.

Coach David Noble has opted for a second ruck alongside veteran Todd Goldstein for much of the season with Tristan Xerri and Tom Campbell combining for 15 of the 18 games.

Weideman has been used further up the ground in recent times for Casey, averaging 19 disposals and seven hitouts from his past four matches.

The former first-round pick remains in the Demons' long-term vision and could yet re-sign but is one of several young key forwards currently unsigned heading into 2022.

Others include Richmond's Callum Coleman-Jones who also has interest from Gold Coast and Greater Western Sydney's Jake Riccardi. – Mitch Cleary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back