List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they are genuinely looking at Weid it would not be from the perspective of him being a "stop-gap". He is 195cm, about to turn 24, is at the 50 game mark, and has averaged a goal per game. If they Brady, Luff, and co really rate him then I would trust him. All drafting is based on perceived potential and they have a lot more information on the Weid than any 18-year-old draftees.

If they thought he could play both ends then he may be valuable.

Don't get me wrong. If the decision is made, I'll back them blindly - They have enough runs on the board with Atu, Laz, Powell etc. to give me confidence that they know better then me.

Definitely not worth a 2nd round pick.

I'm hoping we can package up our R2 pick and get further up into R1 this year.

I absolutely know * all about him, but if it we were talking about him at the end of last season or the start of this season. Would he hold more value? I remember Melbourne talking highly of him

Corr, Taz and Mckay all healthy also means we may have that cheap stopgap in Walker on our list already
Yep, we do.

As Tiberius touched on as well, my opinion was he was always a stop gap until Comben got fit and assumed the mantle and Josh then reverted to VFL depth.

I can't see us wasting a pick on a mature age KPF when our list profile already hqs that covered.

The only way I see us bringing in someone like that is if they delist Josh, which isn't likely.

Yep, we do.

As Tiberius touched on as well, my opinion was he was always a stop gap until Comben got fit and assumed the mantle and Josh then reverted to VFL depth.

I can't see us wasting a pick on a mature age KPF when our list profile already hqs that covered.

The only way I see us bringing in someone like that is if they delist Josh, which isn't likely.
Yeah agree. Anyone brought in as a stopgap would be brought with the hope they could emulate Walker - makes zero sense to delist Josh.

Ideally next year Comben gets a full run at it and Edwards may even get a taste. With the three abovementioned key backs healthy it would mean we have Walker and X as senior key-forward depth. I think we'll be ok.

With what we end up with and with what we have now , for the first time in ages , depth wont be a thing that we will have to worry about...we wil have all positions covered...l said it ages ago and l still will continue to say it, Weideman would be a good fit for us, as would Kelly....

With what we end up with and with what we have now , for the first time in ages , depth wont be a thing that we will have to worry about...we wil have all positions covered...l said it ages ago and l still will continue to say it, Weideman would be a good fit for us, as would Kelly....

Assuming we end up last, I hope we use it to get someone like Weideman in the PSD. Adelaide was smart the way they used the PSD to screw over GWS with Hately last year.

We owe Melbourne some payback too.

Yep, we do.

That might be a decision for 2022 end of season depending on the make up. Keep Josh as solid depth at both ends and bring in a young KPP next year which will put them a few years behind Larkey, Combden & Xerri developing alongside Edwards.

Having heard how good the depth is in this year’s draft, reckon we can swap:
Us give: 2021 3rd & 2022 second
Us gain: Bulldogs 2021 first

If they win the premiership, they’re moving a similar pick to next year that’s going to be eaten up by matching Darcy. We also lose the second which may have had to be used on Cooper Harvey.

Prob mute because the Bullies would want to move in more points this year than a third to match the bid for Darcy. But at least we give them something of decent currency for next year.

Polec for Weid might work out - if we get Kelly and Horne we're proabbly better served getting mid minutes into younger guys. Although im not against keeping Polec, perhaps back flank and let that boot of his do some damage. Dees are challenging now, so getting someone like Polec who offers them outside run might be more beneficial. They'd take all of Polecs pay in that deal too, freeing up coin for Kelly.

Might be Dow & SPS for Cerra & 2nd rounder?..

Maybe drop the 2nd rounder from Freo and add a first from Carlton would be far closer.

SPS can’t get a game and Dow has had a decent month. Cerra is quality top 5 pick is his worth and that’s not even worth it for Freo because Cerra is proven to a degree

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There could be some serious quality available at Pick 20.

Trading it for Weid, who is not a sure thing to be a long term KPP option for us would be unwise IMO. Even if we got an additional 2nd round pick for Dumont via FA, I don't think we should see it as a free hit to trade on for someone that is speculative.

I get the argument that the draft is speculative, however having 3 bites of the cherry in the first 21 picks, as well as the option of finding some KPP depth via PSD/FA is a better option IMO. Especially considering how good our drafting has been of late.

I do not see what Weid brings that Lynch (Ade), Riccardi (GWS) or even our own Josh Walker don't bring, to validate parting ways with a top 25 pick.

I’m with you on this. Seems to be pretty good depth in the draft down to the mid 20’s so anything inside the top 25 we should be keeping including a potential Dumont compensation pick.

If we need higher picks this year to access talent on our radar, I think we will need to trade our future first. We can trade back into next years draft if we need to.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Polec for Weid might work out - if we get Kelly and Horne we're proabbly better served getting mid minutes into younger guys. Although im not against keeping Polec, perhaps back flank and let that boot of his do some damage. Dees are challenging now, so getting someone like Polec who offers them outside run might be more beneficial. They'd take all of Polecs pay in that deal too, freeing up coin for Kelly.
Given Polec's history I am not sure he will be worth much in a trade situation. Surely his reputation now precedes him. He would be stamped 'caveat emptor' by every club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m with you on this. Seems to be pretty good depth in the draft down to the mid 20’s so anything inside the top 25 we should be keeping including a potential Dumont compensation pick.

If we need higher picks this year to access talent on our radar, I think we will need to trade our future first. We can trade back into next years draft if we need to.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we can get Callaghan , or Goater with trading our future first then l'm all for it. We could then end up with Horne, Callaghan/Goater, Rachelle...with getting Kelly would be perfect trading for the club..

That might be a decision for 2022 end of season depending on the make up. Keep Josh as solid depth at both ends and bring in a young KPP next year which will put them a few years behind Larkey, Combden & Xerri developing alongside Edwards.
This is what I would like to see as well. I think the injury to Corr in particular really threw a spanner in the works, so hopefully with a new regime and Nobel getting a full preseason at the helm, we can see what our talls are really made of.

Why is this in the trade thread? But more importantly and not necessarily your fault, why the fu** do people keep enabling this sh*t?

You ok Doc? Seem very fractious, life is to be enjoyed trust me on that. The shoes I've worn for two years, I hope you never wear them.

Keep smiling although sometimes a grimace will suffice.

I don’t see the value in weideman. In a top team with their midfield he can’t kick a goal. And I see no logic in bringing in a forward and turning him into a backmen. I reckon if nobes wants a forward backup then he would prefer a mcstay over weid.
McStay>Weid

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back