List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love Cerra but not at the expense of Horne. While we're building for a premiership, if we rob tomorrow's Peter to pay today's Paul, we could end up with a really unbalanced list profile in 6-8 years time.

Horne coming in at 18 years old now, if the wraps are true, set us up for a long period of being a flag threat.

I’m not saying I’d do it, but it’s worth a discussion at the very least. Remember it’s not Cerra vs Horne. There is another top 10 pick coming our way which adds much needed draft capital while grabbing a 21 year old star player

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’m not saying I’d do it, but it’s worth a discussion at the very least. Remember it’s not Cerra vs Horne. There is another top 10 pick coming our way which adds much needed draft capital while grabbing a 21 year old star player

Take Horne, the only potential superstar we’ve HD access to for years

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Next year's first rounder for something between 5-9. Get that pick and this year's second rounder for Cerra?
If we got that pick I’d sooner try to unearth the two players from the draft

GTFO with that sh*t, means fu** all
It only provides a guide what the picks are, sometimes it can give you an approx valuation of what a player would be worth in relation to picks

Sometimes id be happy to, don't think this year is the year to do it

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The notion that we are on a 3-4 year rebuild is flawed IMO. Not only have we been right down the bottom for two years running, adding another 3-4 would mean we lose Cunners, Goldy, Taz, Ziebell from the current best 22, which puts us further back and starts to look like it’s an ongoing Carlton style build. Good clubs get off the bottoms in 2-3 years. We are into the third year in 2022.

Tbh I think the club knows they're all gone by the time we're a regular in the finals and we're just using them now as a building block for our younger guys to glue onto and learn as much as they can from.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It only provides a guide what the picks are, sometimes it can give you an approx valuation of what a player would be worth in relation to picks

Sometimes id be happy to, don't think this year is the year to do it
Only for FS or Academy purposes.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
if the club's not leaking sh*t anymore, that's a good thing. I don't need to hear the secret scoops
I don't need secret scoops but I want to know we're actively chasing players and doing stuff.
No news is sometimes bad news in these types of situations and usually leads us to getting to the trade way late in the scheme of things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Le Grille

Cancelled
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne

justroyal

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't need secret scoops but I want to know we're actively chasing players and doing stuff.
No news is sometimes bad news in these types of situations and usually leads us to getting to the trade way late in the scheme of things.

Remember when it was silent... and then out of nowhere. BOOM! Come on down Tyson, Pittard and Polec!

Northball

Debutant
Aug 17, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No news could just mean we're saving our picks to hit the draft. With the way our 'big fish' trading has gone the last few years I really don't blame the club for being a tight lipped as possible.. personally I prefer the silence, then publicizing our moves when they eventuate.

I can see the future.

we will be delisting Tyson, Garner, W.Walker and Hayden.

Dumont to port
Atley to Carlton where they pay him 900k a season for 5 years.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I can see the future.

we will be delisting Tyson, Garner, W.Walker and Hayden.

Dumont to port
Atley to Carlton where they pay him 900k a season for 5 years.
You had me till that last line

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If we got that pick I’d sooner try to unearth the two players from the draft
Not having a go at you because you're not alone here, LG, but I find this to be a weird attitude. Cerra's a former pick 5, the same age as LDU, for whom many preach patience, has proven he can perform at a good AFL level, yet still has a heap of scope for improvement. Of course you'd trade a pick between 5-9 for him. The alternative is like an inverse Jack and the Beanstalk, where you keep the magic beans of a draft a pick rather than trading it for a talented, proven, young player.

Where the fu** are our ITK posters? Give us some mail FFS. I need rumours to buy into and I need them now.
Teague to Sydney for Buddy in 2023 when they sack Lyon
Archer to return in WWF (The wildlife fund, not the wrestling)
Yeo to move between clubs for a couple of years...
Fyfe to Lake Grace in 2035 for a meat tray... exchange of sausages
Zorko to the greek national side
Dermot Brereton to Gee... "Excited about youth" says Chris Scott

Le Grille

Cancelled
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not having a go at you because you're not alone here, LG, but I find this to be a weird attitude. Cerra's a former pick 5, the same age as LDU, for whom many preach patience, has proven he can perform at a good AFL level, yet still has a heap of scope for improvement. Of course you'd trade a pick between 5-9 for him. The alternative is like an inverse Jack and the Beanstalk, where you keep the magic beans of a draft a pick rather than trading it for a talented, proven, young player.
Ultimately it comes down to how we project the ceiling of players in the draft class, if we believe that JHF could be an out and out superstar then in my opinion we go for that, as good as cerra is I think I’d rather keep those picks as Horne would be the big dog and we have that covered so we can augment that to fill up our KPP stocks (I really want one of the wa talls) if we get cerra we would have Horne and cerra to add to a relatively promising midfield but we still have somewhat of a patchwork KPP corps particularly if combens injuries persist

I’m undecided to be honest. Cerra seems a ready made 200 game star player. Pick 8 should also be a pretty decent player (eg Tom Powell). It’s a line ball for mine.

I get that but for me - Cera isn’t a game changer although very good. 8 could be??

Horne is considered something very special- sure, no guarantees but he looks to be an absolute top their talent in the league.

So I’m on Horne plus 20 plus we can draft in Billing’s and Weideman/KPP

that would do me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back