List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it more depends on how high others want Horne.

We will hold that choice so I don't know why " negligent" to trade as we could screw others big time

We value him less that others? Any price a club might pay that makes you go....oh wow! They think its worth it. The odds of us trading it will be next to zero. Theres a higher chance of Dinosaurs re-emerging and a meteor wiping them out again within a year. We probably should be discussing that. ;)

For all we know, the club has set it's sights on the next 'Tim Kelly' or perhaps even a gun forward equivalent in the Mid Season Draft.

He looked good last weekend brander had 21 touches and a goal

interested to see how the eagles use him this week with all their other talls in who are less mobile than him

would expect him to play high hitting the logos and more a link man this week compared to last week
Yeah brander would be a good get. Hows your mate eth dog on that other thread, hes a peanut

Brander seriously?

Larkey, Comben and Ford say hello.

But regardless, If we get Horne and he, LDU, Powell, Phillips and Jy all live up to their potential, Daffy Duck can play forward for us. It won't matter.
Two of those you mentioned have yet to play a game and larkey looks at lost at sea without help, and may never be the big banana. We need another kpf. Probably another couple. One developing and one that can come in and play footy straight away

Brander seriously?

Larkey, Comben and Ford say hello.

But regardless, If we get Horne and he, LDU, Powell, Phillips and Jy all live up to their potential, Daffy Duck can play forward for us. It won't matter.

They say hello? We haven't seen two of them to even warrant a greeting and the last time Larkey shined was nearly 2 years ago when he was getting help from Brown - while taking the lesser defenders.

Two of those you mentioned have yet to play a game and larkey looks at lost at sea without help, and may never be the big banana. We need another kpf. Probably another couple. One developing and one that can come in and play footy straight away

Controversial I know but wasn't there a generational key forward available this year?

It's not a knock on Phillips as I like the cut of his jib and will be a slid citizen for the club. But we royally farked up. Need a KPF, who don't grow on trees, not another midfielder, who do. I see posters now saying - next year, if a Riewoldt like forward crops up, we should target them. WTF. We had out chance, and went for a dime a dozen midfielder. I'm filthy we passed on McDonald. List management stupidity 101.

Bring on the 'let's not judge 3 games in banter'...I made my judgement draft night. Stupid call. Back Phillips in unreservedly - just don't back in that ridiculous call by the list management team.

We need a KPF, We had the opportunity to draft a 'generational' KPF, we draft a midfielder, and bemoan the fact we need a KPF.

Are some of the posters here on the list management team. Tim Harrington....are you out there?

Controversial I know but wasn't there a generational key forward available this year?

It's not a knock on Phillips as I like the cut of his jib and will be a slid citizen for the club. But we royally farked up. Need a KPF, who don't grow on trees, not another midfielder, who do. I see posters now saying - next year, if a Riewoldt like forward crops up, we should target them. WTF. We had out chance, and went for a dime a dozen midfielder. I'm filthy we passed on McDonald. List management stupidity 101.

Bring on the 'let's not judge 3 games in banter'...I made my judgement draft night. Stupid call. Back Phillips in unreservedly - just don't back in that ridiculous call by the list management team.

We need a KPF, We had the opportunity to draft a 'generational' KPF, we draft a midfielder, and bemoan the fact we need a KPF.

Are some of the posters here on the list management team. Tim Harrington....are you out there?

I agree

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need everything.

We value him less that others? Any price a club might pay that makes you go....oh wow! They think its worth it. The odds of us trading it will be next to zero. Theres a higher chance of Dinosaurs re-emerging and a meteor wiping them out again within a year. We probably should be discussing that. ;)

I am simply saying that I think as a club we should be open minded.

If another club rates Horne higher than us (say we rate top 2 but another club really wants him) we are in a position to exploit that if they pay overs.

However we may just be happy going in with number 1 and that is fine.

User name with content of post stacks up. :D
Think we are a long way off knowing whether we farked up. But it was genuinely a pretty big surprise at the time and looks even more bizarre at this point in time. Not much sense to make of it all. Time will tell.

No, there wasn't. Knightmare's opinions are worth s**t all and he's the one that threw around that tag.

I could come up with at least 5 major misjudgments he made on last year's draft alone (his views on Callow, Maher, Cox and Powell immediately spring to mind as embarrassing), mostly because he doesn't appear to watch football or know anything about identifying AFL-level talent. He's an absolute fraud who follows the crowd as the year unfolds

Last edited:
No, there wasn't. Knightmare's opinions are worth sh*t all and he's the one that threw around that tag.

I could come up with at least 5 major misjudgments he made on last year's draft alone (his views on Callow, Maher, Cox and Powell immediately spring to mind as embarrassing), mostly because he doesn't appear to watch football or know anything about identifying AFL-level talent. He's an absolute fraud who follows the crowd as the year unfolds

when you strip it down, we need a kpf and we drafted a midfielder. no doubting Both lads are talented, but you can build an entire side around a dominant key forward. Worth the educated punt I would have thought.

when you strip it down, we need a kpf and we drafted a midfielder. no doubting Both lads are talented, but you can build an entire side around a dominant key forward. Worth the educated punt I would have thought.

I guess their logic is they didn't need a KPF because they drafted one they were happy with using the first pick the year before. Comben missing the start of the season really changed the good will and narrative around the Phillips drafting.

Might be getting caught up in the hyperbole there. McDonald wasn't even the highest rated key forward in his draft. It seems like 'generational' has been downgraded from 'once in a generation' to 'better than last year'. Is he going to be better than the Kings, Lukosius, etc, as well as JUH?

Might be getting caught up in the hyperbole there. McDonald wasn't even the highest rated key forward in his draft. It seems like 'generational' has been downgraded from 'once in a generation' to 'better than last year'. Is he going to be better than the Kings, Lukosius, etc, as well as JUH?

It would seem that our recruiters, who watch God knows how much footage, didn’t see him as a “generational” key forward or they would have selected him.

I guess their logic is they didn't need a KPF because they drafted one they were happy with using the first pick the year before. Comben missing the start of the season really changed the good will and narrative around the Phillips drafting.

I’d like to think our recruiting and list management team are taking are more long term view than BF posters and decided that Phillips is a better proposition for us. We won’t know if this was correct for a long time. It might turn out we whiffed on not picking DGB.

Did Richmond develop their 3 premierships around Reiwoldt or Martin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back