List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't sure where to ask about this but a mate of mine on his way to the game last night met an oakleigh chargers kid who is a north supporter, was heading the the game to watch max kings running patterns. His dad hopes we can stay near the bottom so the kid can play for us, i think they said hes still a couple years away , and very tall, my friend is 6'5 and said the kid was probably still taller than him. He had a hard to pronounce name and blonde hair. Does anyone know who it may be?

From the U17's here's a couple of possibilities:
Nick McLarty
36767687_1_T.jpg

No.14

Oakleigh Chargers U17 Leadership Group 2021.

Club: Beverley Hills JFC

School: Caulfield Grammar

Role: Ruck/ KPF

HGT: 200cm

DOB: 10/01/04

Max Gruzewski
36767366_2_T.jpg

No.7

Club: Surrey Park JFC

Role: KPF, KPD

HGT: 192cm

DOB: 21/07/04

Unlikely to be this kid:
36767686_1_T.jpg

No.9

Oakleigh Chargers U17 Captain 2021

Club: Vermont JFC

Role: Midfielder

HGT: 176cm

DOB:11/01/04

Nick McLarty
36767687_1_T.jpg

No.14

Max Gruzewski
36767366_2_T.jpg

No.7

Unlikely to be this kid:
36767686_1_T.jpg

No.9

Legend, sent both to my friend.

Nick McLarty
36767687_1_T.jpg

No.14

Max Gruzewski
36767366_2_T.jpg

No.7

Unlikely to be this kid:
36767686_1_T.jpg

No.9

My friend confirmed it was Max Gruzewski

Or a modern day North Melbourne non-goalkicking forward.

More specifically non ball getting small forward

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will probably get blasted for this but I rate Harry McKay higher than the Kings and I wouldn't trade pick 1 for the Big H.
I reckon the King at St Kilda might be gettable in a year or two if our mids start delivering well. Tho if Comben and Xerri come on we might not be interested.

Muppet. Are you one of those having a sook because Larkey doesn't have support in the forward line? Shall we draft a 'Riewoldt' type if they are available? Nah. Let's draft more mids and they can kick it to our directionless forward line. Top quality mids need a dominant focal point. Let's draft some more mids to become that focal point. Defend the recruiting all you like. but it's been total sh*t for years and this is the icing on the cake. Again - just so you don't get confused you simpleton - we need a KPF and we drafted a mid. There are far fewer talented KPF than there are Mids. Have i broken it down it enough or shall we resort to childish name calling again? I can do both. For far longer than you i suspect....
Should of drafted Patton. How many KPP top picks have failed? You’re such a moron. Best player available always.

Last edited:
Will probably get blasted for this but I rate Harry McKay higher than the Kings and I wouldn't trade pick 1 for the Big H.

If you’re bad enough to get pick 1, you’re not really in a place to be trading it away. And what’s the likelihood of a player wanting to be traded to a team holding pick 1?

In no world is Harry Mckay worth pick 1. Wtf

It's probably unpopular around these parts, but I would absolutely be open to trading our 2022 1st if an appropriate deal was available. I think that looks like a gun young KPF, say McKay if available, or a top 6 pick in 2021 and a first rounder in 2022, or even a top 5 and then another top 12-15 (if possible) in 2021. If you look at our age demographic, I would be looking to get as many players as possible in the age range of Jason Horne (18) as the youngest member of our 'young' group (yes, I'm already assuming he's ours) and Ben Mckay/Jy Simpkin (23) as the oldest members of our 'young group.'

I think list age demographics when it comes to successful sides are really important. It means that the lower end of the young group are hitting their prime just as those older guys are in that 29/30 range and still at the peak of their powers. The core should be within 5 years of each other, ably supported by a handful of older guys (which will be the likes of McDonald, Aiden Corr and, well, not much else because we are seriously deficient in that 24-29 range) and then you have some talented youth filling the gaps. If not, I feel like they get too spread out and you're not capitalising on the collective prime of your good players. You need as many good players all in their prime at the same time and hope some of them are superstars to have a real chance at flags.

I feel like that was one of the biggest problems we had in our build under Scott. We had a group of talented players mid-20s and then some guys in the latter part of their career and not much in between. The gap was too big. It needs to be one of the strategies in the list build this time imo. It's why I was particularly stoked that we targeted guys like Young and particularly Stephenson. It's exactly the range we should be looking at.

It's probably unpopular around these parts, but I would absolutely be open to trading our 2022 1st if an appropriate deal was available. I think that looks like a gun young KPF, say McKay if available, or a top 6 pick in 2021 and a first rounder in 2022, or even a top 5 and then another top 12-15 (if possible) in 2021. If you look at our age demographic, I would be looking to get as many players as possible in the age range of Jason Horne (18) as the youngest member of our 'young' group (yes, I'm already assuming he's ours) and Ben Mckay/Jy Simpkin (23) as the oldest members of our 'young group.'

I think list age demographics when it comes to successful sides are really important. It means that the lower end of the young group are hitting their prime just as those older guys are in that 29/30 range and still at the peak of their powers. The core should be within 5 years of each other, ably supported by a handful of older guys (which will be the likes of McDonald, Aiden Corr and, well, not much else because we are seriously deficient in that 24-29 range) and then you have some talented youth filling the gaps. If not, I feel like they get too spread out and you're not capitalising on the collective prime of your good players. You need as many good players all in their prime at the same time and hope some of them are superstars to have a real chance at flags.

I feel like that was one of the biggest problems we had in our build under Scott. We had a group of talented players mid-20s and then some guys in the latter part of their career and not much in between. The gap was too big. It needs to be one of the strategies in the list build this time imo. It's why I was particularly stoked that we targeted guys like Young and particularly Stephenson. It's exactly the range we should be looking at.
Easily fixed..

Frog & pick 20 to crows for pick 12 and 2022 third rounder.

Swap our 2022 first, 12 & Polec with GWS for their 2021 picks 4 & 5, 2022 second and grab Jk (FA)...

1 - Horne
4 - H. McKay (thanks Carlton..sucked in..)
5 - Sinn/Cheeser
19 - (compo pick) Liam Duggan (thanks WCE..sucked in..)
38 - Cyril Rioli’s lovechild
FA - JK

**insert moonwalk gif**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back