List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Remove this Banner Ad

Shinboner1

Club Legend
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just do it.
If we have like 3.5-4mil+ in the cap this year I'm happy to do it. Front load the sh*t out of the contract so we're only really paying him 700-800k outside of this year and his massive contract becomes manageable.
Heck we could score mckay, kelly and even the likes of billings if the players wanted to come across.
Offloading a lot of players last year on 400k+ contracts really opened up the bank even with the salary cap reduction.

Snake_Baker

L'enfant terrible
Apr 24, 2013
inside your head
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Still talking about McKay leaving a big Vic club that is supposedly entering a window for the spoon favorites that are 0-7 & year 1 of a rebuild?

Some real suckers for punishment around here.
It's completely illogical.

R00StaR

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2003
Asgard
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Still talking about McKay leaving a big Vic club that is supposedly entering a window for the spoon favorites that are 0-7 & year 1 of a rebuild?

Biggest circle jerk of an opposition player ive ever seen. Based on this board he wouldnt be short of BJs if he did cum to north

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Romance of having his twin playing with us only. Can't see it happening either. Falls into the Dusty, Kelly, DeGoey, Gaff basket.

blackshadow

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 24, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Team WADA

The only logic is if Harry really wants to play with Ben.

If he really wants that it could happen but I'd be extremely disappointed if we trade for him it would be PSD or nothing.

About a 1 percent chance of it happening.

Roman Roy

I’m dumb, but I’m smart.
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Throw the kitchen sink at H.McKay and blow their cap up at the very minimum.

Can’t see how they keep both Cripps and McKay
Absolutely. I'd have no expectation of securing him but you have to make them pay dearly so they can't afford to recruit any free agents.

Malifice

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
They’re f’ed. lol 😂
Betts, Murphy and Casboult to retire this year. Martin on the third year of a heavily frontloaded contract. Of our best players, Docherty, C Curnow, McGovern are due for pay cuts. Ed Curnow is probably year to year and only Jones remains as an older player on reasonable money.

We obviously paid Saad and Williams well and this will cut into our cap, but that's off the back of 3 years of underspending at 95 percent, letting us spend 105 percent at present.

I dont think we're that tight for salary cap as people are making out.

I'd think we'd offer Harry 2 years at around 750 per season (to take him up to F/A); or something in that ballpark, with incentives built in. Obviously, if he were to get a crazy 1.2-3m long term offer, we wouldn't even think of matching that.

Remove this Banner Ad