List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schache is horrible - have you watched him play or are you focusing on his draft number instead of his output to date?

Would be one of the softest and least enthusiastic footballers I've ever watched play AFL

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

So... we'd get him for an early second rounder? ;)

Weideman - injured now but pushed back behind Brown. Needs to get more physical
Mcstay - a solid player who may get pushed down the pecking order with Daniher coming. Doubt Bris will want to let him go.
Fogarty - has potential, a kick up the arse might help him realise it.
Ratugolea - has had injuries but does have some potential. Could be a stop gap for a period to take pressure of Larkey and Goldy.

None of the above will ever be stars, but could provide something to our list.
Josh Corbett from the Suns would be worth a phone call. He makes contests.

Mcstay - a solid player who may get pushed down the pecking order with Daniher coming. Doubt Bris will want to let him go.
Ratugolea - has had injuries but does have some potential. Could be a stop gap for a period to take pressure of Larkey and Goldy.

kudos to actually naming some gettable players

good to see someone contributing to the thread

Get his #1 buddy Scully at the same time and that’s FF and 2-way mid sorted.

Dayle Garlett to give us a bit of go on a wing?
Pretty sure I’ve got Lance Angwin and Justin Charles’ Player Managers number somewhere in my Filofax.

I’ll see what they’re up to..

Are we putting the prison team together 😳

He's more of a tweener.

Has been told by GC that his opportunities will be very limited this year as others have gone past him.

We're like the United States of America for tweeners. Bring him in.

"Give me your skinnyfat, your midsized, your slow and unskilled, the wretched refuse of your list."

Throw the kitchen sink at Harry McKay.

Out of contract and we've already got his twin. A great KPF is the hardest thing to find in footy. There's a great opportunity here to get one and I'd say we've got far more money to play with than Carlton do given their recent shopping sprees on big name free agents. If Carlton finish outside the 8 again they will have achieved nothing since he got there - it's not like he'd stay to continue success there.

I think we can all see that we desperately need another tall forward. McKay immediately becomes our best and allows Larkey to take the #2 defender each week, which is where he's had success so far in his career. We'll have our pillars for the next 10+ years with the McKay twins at opposing ends.

Let's play devil's advocate and say that we finish bottom with one or no wins and get given a start of first round priority pick. I'd be comfortable trading Carlton pick 2 for McKay as he's young, proven and fills a massive need for the club long term. Can Carlton match an $800k+ per year like we'd be able to offer? Would Carlton's continued mediocrity on field be enough for him to want to stay? Even if we can't agree to a trade with the Blues, if we convince him not to sign with them we'll have Pick 1 in the PSD to pick him up for free.

If the decision is, for example, pay Kelly $900k in a position we'll be able to fill long term with our top pick in a midfielder-heavy draft this year; OR, pay the same money to McKay to shore up the forward line for the next premiership tilt? I know what I'm going with.

Extremely unlikely scenario, this. However, definitely a line of thought to consider as long as McKay remains unsigned.
Would be offering him 850k+ at least to come across.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes Fogarty could be a interesting one to. Would definetly look at him.

I dont want other teams rejects.
Yes maybe a tall forward yet to reach his potential is ok but offering guys like weidman a contract in hopes of him becoming something special is just idiotic.
If that's your plan just take a 22yr old Tall forward from the State leagues and make his dreams come true.
Promise that he'll appreciate it more and fight on field every game for his future.

Charlie Constable dropped again. Think he has it, just constantly not being played in traffic. Forced to play on the outside and can't get an extended run at it to hone his craft. 192cm and mid 80kgs.

He's huge unit and four pre-seasons into it. Know he isn't fast, but think he cracks at it harder than Tyson and Hall. Offers the youngers some more protection, maybe rotate forward and have him as a presence down there when everyone else is onball. Thoughts?

As riveting as you repeatedly bagging out the same players
Yeah obviously when looking at bringing in new players we have to be so careful. Look at the Saints 2 years ago the media and co where preaching how far they won trade period. I am sure Noble and co will be all over it. RIGHT AGE BRACKET and needs. Very much interested and excited to see who they target. Like a few have already said Fogarty Flanders would be great gets. I also think Smith from Brissy would be worth looking at as well as Hayes from Port and Williams from the Doggies which would be probably a bit harder to get.

Charlie Constable dropped again. Think he has it, just constantly not being played in traffic. Forced to play on the outside and can't get an extended run at it to hone his craft. 192cm and mid 80kgs.

He's huge unit and four pre-seasons into it. Know he isn't fast, but think he cracks at it harder than Tyson and Hall. Offers the youngers some more protection, maybe rotate forward and have him as a presence down there when everyone else is onball. Thoughts?
If we didn't just bring in 3 midfielders and looking at our 4th in the mids then I'd be open to it but doesn't seem like Geelong will get rid of him anytime soon and not sure he'll be much different than the guys we have already. Better than tyson and hall isnt really a benchmark considering both will be dropped at the end of the year.

Yep there is another one that i like alot. I know plenty dont rate him on our board but i think he would flourish in our set up.

I'm not saying pursue Constable necessarily, but his type fills a structural hole in the list. We don't have a 190cm 85-90kg midfielder, who the other ball players can play around at the centre square - think Hugh Greenwood at the Suns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back