List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If only we had a FA that is worth band 1 compo to get a pick straight after our pick
Unfortunately we don’t have anyone on our list that could net us a band 1. At least band 2 and band 3 will effectively be the same thing for us this year (pending any other FA compo picks).

If, for example, Dumont left for a band 3 and the AFL sees fit to hand us an end of first round PP, could have 3 picks close together at end 1st / start second rounds.

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
With GWS being way off where many thought they would be maybe they might have a few who want out and return to Melb.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ratugolea and Constable could be good options, in the right age bracket of that 21/22 year old but I fear we missed the boat when we offloaded Higgins without looking at one of them.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
Unfortunately we don’t have anyone on our list that could net us a band 1. At least band 2 and band 3 will effectively be the same thing for us this year (pending any other FA compo picks).

If, for example, Dumont left for a band 3 and the AFL sees fit to hand us an end of first round PP, could have 3 picks close together at end 1st / start second rounds.

That’d be a good start but we need 5-6 picks in the top 30.
You’d think this draft will be deeper due to no footy last year.

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
With GWS being way off where many thought they would be maybe they might have a few who want out and return to Melb.
231653E1-4742-497F-87F3-EF74600A02A2.png

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well I’m below 6’0 so it rules me out, anyone here over 6’5? Must mark the ball, kicking skills are desirable but not mandatory
I’d give away too many freekicks and a heap of 50’s, probably be rubbed out too because I’d be behind the Fullback and crack him in the back of the head lol

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We can’t be paying anywhere near the cap. Offer him 2 mil over the next 2 years to walk through the PSD. Then $800k for the 4 year extension after he comes.

Got to pay someone.

We should be offering him $1.4m x 7.

2022 R1 + 1 + 19 => McKay + 7

Go to the draft with 7 + 20 (Dumont Compo) and hopefully live trade those picks for Sinn or Rachelle or JVR.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’d give away too many freekicks and a heap of 50’s, probably be rubbed out too because I’d be behind the Fullback and crack him in the back of the head lol
With that attitude I would’ve sent you to Bruce after half time, to make sure he didn’t touch that ball.. sitting in the stands, we knew it was coming.

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Go to the draft with 7 + 20 (Dumont Compo) and hopefully live trade those picks for Sinn or Rachelle or JVR.

More than likely this would be:

1+1+19 for McKay + 7

Really??

And then pay him an astronomical amount of money.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
More than likely this would be:

1+1+19 for McKay + 7

Really??

And then pay him an astronomical amount of money.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
We can’t offer market rates and hope to get it done. In retrospect, Dusty was worth $2m. I think $1.4m is the number which may move Harry’s dial.

Well yes it could be, but I’d like to think it would be 1,19 + 3-7(with Harry!)

in a year where they have to resign Cripps too, ya never know.

I’d also ask for Mitch McGovern in exchange for a pack of crisps while they are at it.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I know it was going to happen as soon as I saw Walker 50m behind him. If you think thats bad, if its walker v walker, tex might break the all time record
I’m just glad we’ve got Buddy at the end of the year..

T.Walker won’t be as bad if we get a Geelong Hawkins Cameron combo, the week after, yeah we’ve got some hurt coming up..

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Hmmmmm . That’s a crazy trade by us. We’ve done a few odd ones, but this would completely destroy the club.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Don't understand the hate for mature aged players on here.
Just because they didn't come from junior footy last year doesn't mean they aren't going to be good players.
Could easily pick up some fantastic 20-22yr olds that play tall back or forward and would fill the need of someone mature in that position that doesn't need 2-3 years in the gym or on the track to get their body to AFL level.
With the talent we've got coming through they seem like exactly the type of player we need and we can use it to fill any holes in the side.
Gotta remember that these guys will end up being a similar age to larkey/zurhaar etc so its not like I'm suggesting bringing in an untried 28yr old.
Thoughts?

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hmmmmm . That’s a crazy trade by us. We’ve done a few odd ones, but this would completely destroy the club.

Your work is Risk-Management?

You have to ask yourself would we finish last in 2022,... I’d say no. Possible 1+5+19 for McKay and 7? Mate that is unders.

Destroy the club? Please. I don’t see how else we are going to pay the minimum? Front load so he gets $2m in years 1+2 and on $700k in his last 2.

$10m over 7 years is not much more than we offered Kelly.

might as well have just let carlton buy us back in the day

You think they are winning that Trade?

Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back