List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Oscar Allen's supposed market place value is 850k, where does that put Harry?

Would anyone here be prepared to offer McKay say 850k over 5 to potentially get him here or in the process fu** Carltons salary cap?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Teams are supposedly offering Harry a mill already

Allen is a good third tall, but he would probably suffer Larkeyitis if he was the only real forward.

Conversely Larkey could setup a deckchair, smoke a pipe and sip a cognac playing 3rd tall in the West Coast forward line and still kick more goals than he does with us.

Jed lamb and aaron mullett say hi.

Mate even Joyce’s with Anderson and McKay for Burton and Bastinac deserves a toast. Ultimately we are getting more out of our pick 50 than Melbourne got out of Pick 1 & 2 in year 2 of their 3rd last rebuild (I think)

Front load his contract on something like 900k a year.
Cheeky couple of million in his bank straight up to make the move and we reap the rewards down the track when we can fit him in alongside the other youngsters coming through. God know we're going to struggle to make it to the required 95% cap used this year.

I’m not sure that will be enough.

Mate even Joyce’s with Anderson and McKay for Burton and Bastinac deserves a toast. Ultimately we are getting more out of our pick 50 than Melbourne got out of Pick 1 & 2 in year 2 of their 3rd last rebuild (I think)

I’m not sure that will be enough.
1619492863765.png

Just heard an interesting stat...

In the last 3-4 years the Crows have added approx. 10 top 30 picks.

For reference, we’ve added 3 since 2018 (Thomas, Powell, Phillips). Granted we did trade one for Stephenson.

Hoping Luff & Brady have recognised this & continue to explore ways at adding picks. The whole adding 1 or 2 a year is going to drag this thing out.

FWIW, I can only really think of two ways we could get more without trading picks:
- if we get a PP after first round (unlikely)
- if we get a band 2 or 3 compensation for Dumont.

Interesting.
Why do you want the club to be a shithole that players can't wait to walk out on?

If Horne ends up as good as they reckon then things have worked out remarkably well.

I personally doubt that side would finish bottom four, so in many ways this is an opportunity to put people under pressure and see what happens with the bonus of knowing tanking finishing last will bring some real talent. I doubt Bonar would have come as good as he has without the pressure of having to perform cos there was no one else. He seems to have thrived off it. He competed well against players that probably would have got LMac, Corr or Taz had they been available at times this season. It might be the making of him as a player.

Young is another one and Bosenavugali would have been much further back in the pecking order.

Some players have used this crisis as an opportunity to stake their claims in the senior side and have done it well. Even Aaron Hall (tho he is not young.)
Yep like your train of thought lets make some positives out of negatives.

I'd like us to invest our money into our medical team and development coaches so we can start getting our players on the park and have them actually improve year on year.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
I'd be happy to get a few more trainers on board too.
Our fitness and endurance has really fallen off in the past couple of years. God we can barely play 4 quarters.
There would be 100s of Tafe/Uni students studying fitness that would jump at the chance to work with AFL players so actually getting the staff wouldn't be an issue.

If Oscar Allen's supposed market place value is 850k, where does that put Harry?

Would anyone here be prepared to offer McKay say 850k over 5 to potentially get him here or in the process fu** Carltons salary cap?

Allen looks better than the other Mckay to me. 100k better probably.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's interesting when you consider their cap.
Considering we will likely have pick 1 and the threat of the PSD attached, have more salary cap than most and his twin brother, I'd say it's as interesting a target as we are likely to see.

The question is - what will it take?

Considering we will likely have pick 1 and the threat of the PSD attached, have more salary cap than most and his twin brother, I'd say it's as interesting a target as we are likely to see.

The question is - what will it take?

I doubt they would let Harry slip, but there's some interesting stuff further down the trough.

Here's a bloke I would look at:

1619511976182.png

Turning 25 this year and just entering his prime as a ruckman.

3rd in the comp for hitouts. He's ready to go with Goldy.
After the 1st 6 games, im pretty much ready to target anyone in the right age bracket with an afl body and positional talent.

I'm on board.

Coached by HMac too

I'd be happy to get a few more trainers on board too.
Our fitness and endurance has really fallen off in the past couple of years. God we can barely play 4 quarters.
There would be 100s of Tafe/Uni students studying fitness that would jump at the chance to work with AFL players so actually getting the staff wouldn't be an issue.

Agree we do not seem fit enough. Total team distance covered compared to our opponents tells part of the story. Over the first 5 rounds:
-3.4km
-5.4km
-15km
-7.7km
+3.4km (Geelong)

The highest distance covered is 287.7km, compared to the league best of 306.7km. Injuries are probably impacting this, but it makes it hard to win!

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree we do not seem fit enough. Total team distance covered compared to our opponents tells part of the story. Over the first 5 rounds:
-3.4km
-5.4km
-15km
-7.7km
+3.4km (Geelong)

The highest distance covered is 287.7km, compared to the league best of 306.7km. Injuries are probably impacting this, but it makes it hard to win!

Unfortunately the biggest surprise from those numbers is we outran Geelong.

Do they give player level data?

-3.4km
-5.4km
-15km
-7.7km
+3.4km (Geelong)

Is that -15 or -1.5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back