List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think Martin is worth 650k. But we had to offer more to convince him to leave, so there is a premium there.

Look, I dont want to be dragged into insane 'PSD OR NOTHING' debating here, or ridiculous trade proposals for 'McKay for a used condom or else'. The reality of the situation is that should he leave, it'll be for unders (something like a future 1st) and not a token 3rd rounder and a reach around behind the MCG.

If you guys want him, and are prepared to offer insane money, we'd let him walk, but for fair compensation in the ballpark of a future 1st (which is unders).
Does this mean there's a spare reacharound?

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

How they fit anyone new into their cap without losing players will need an investigation. They would have to be on their ceiling. Walsh will demand 600+ at his next contract. Even though I was told a month plus ago that crips would sign in a few weeks, this hasnt happened. I dare say Cripps and Mcgovern will be on the outski. They have no room. No room when ya paying 1.7m in half backs. They’re cooked

or you could look at the other obvious alternative that the reported contracts in the media are way overvalued.

I think your underselling Harry a bit here but opinions are like....

A solid 60 goal forward? He is on track to kick 60 by round 16 this season. If he was a better kick, it would be more like round 13-14.

Elite - Goals(3.7), behinds(2.7), shots at goal(6.6), score involvements(7.7) and marks inside 50(4.4).

He's 23 and is going to blow up. He will get paid imo.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think you're overselling him a little honestly. Yes he is a good forward, but his goal average is a little inflated by a 7 goal haul against an undersized Freo backline.

Don't get me wrong, his numbers stack up well - but some of the carry on around here is a bit over the top and I'd be pretty pissed if we paid 1mil+ a year and gave up potentially a number 1 or 2 draft pick for a guy that can hardly kick a drop punt.

EDIT: I'd still have him at North in a heartbeat, but not for any of these crazy unrealistic offers.

I think you're overselling him a little honestly. Yes he is a good forward, but his goal average is a little inflated by a 7 goal haul against an undersized Freo backline.

Don't get me wrong, his numbers stack up well - but some of the carry on around here is a bit over the top and I'd be pretty pissed if we paid 1mil+ a year and gave up potentially a number 1 or 2 draft pick for a guy that can hardly kick a drop punt.

EDIT: I'd still have him at North in a heartbeat, but not for any of these crazy unrealistic offers.
I'm not selling anything.

The numbers are the numbers.

He kicked 7.5 that day too. Freo lucky his kicking not up to scratch.

What's the excuse against Bris? 6.2 in Harris Andrews defence who kept Big Charlie goal less.

Anywho, the likelihood of us landing him are almost zero, but I would throw 900k at him over 5 and 2022 1st without batting an eyelid.

Would supercharge our rebuild.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

or you could look at the other obvious alternative that the reported contracts in the media are way overvalued.
😂 sit on your throne of lies. The figures reported are generally accurate. No one goes to that rabble without significant financial gain, whether its paper bags or car keys plus a fat juicy contract 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope Mitch Wallis is considered. Love what were doing with the back 2/3rds of the ground but we're still nude up front. Even a stop gap like Wallis will make us considerably more competitive, and our torrent of midfielders trying as forwards arent going to put the score on the board. (understand irony of failed mid Wallis but is proven to be a success up front).

We need someone who would stab for a goal. Talking Tom Papley/Devon Smith levels of selfishness for a goal.

Might upset people given his history/rapsheet but stengle would be avail.... is he a lost cause???? Has he learned... Younie and nobes should know him pretty well

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

On the big power forward, and im thinking aloud here so dont shoot me. But i wonder given we have Larkey who will never be the fastest of guys, if we're not better served looking for 2 x forward/ ruck types.
Melbourne went a bit top heavy and we had one of our best rebounding games and we went Larkey + resting ruck and held the ball in reasonably well. H.McKay is doing great at what 4 goals a game, Campbell kicked 2 so netting 4 from 2x quality Ruck/ forwards should be achievable. With the pace of the game, reduced rotations perhaps the 2x ruck/forward option + a key forward, attacking high half forwards (Stevo and Thomas), a goal kicking/ pressure small and mid ranged Zurhaar type might be the model of the future.
Granted we still need another key forward on our list, no questioning that. Its just where do we spend the bulk of the resources.

Come in peace, pretty much looking like DeGoey to your mob at years end, just a matter of striking the right deal, Magpies are wanting draft picks from you guys. give us something decent this time after bending us over without rectinol in the Stevo deal :p

Come in peace, pretty much looking like DeGoey to your mob at years end, just a matter of striking the right deal, Magpies are wanting draft picks from you guys. give us something decent this time after bending us over without rectinol in the Stevo deal :p
On current form, you'd get a 3rd rounder at absolute best.

On the big power forward, and im thinking aloud here so dont shoot me. But i wonder given we have Larkey who will never be the fastest of guys, if we're not better served looking for 2 x forward/ ruck types.
Melbourne went a bit top heavy and we had one of our best rebounding games and we went Larkey + resting ruck and held the ball in reasonably well. H.McKay is doing great at what 4 goals a game, Campbell kicked 2 so netting 4 from 2x quality Ruck/ forwards should be achievable. With the pace of the game, reduced rotations perhaps the 2x ruck/forward option + a key forward, attacking high half forwards (Stevo and Thomas), a goal kicking/ pressure small and mid ranged Zurhaar type might be the model of the future.
Granted we still need another key forward on our list, no questioning that. Its just where do we spend the bulk of the resources.
Xerri has played four games.

Kicked three goals in his last two games and has averaged one goal a game. That would fit with what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back