List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come in peace, pretty much looking like DeGoey to your mob at years end, just a matter of striking the right deal, Magpies are wanting draft picks from you guys. give us something decent this time after bending us over without rectinol in the Stevo deal :p

Hard pass.

I think you're overselling him a little honestly. Yes he is a good forward, but his goal average is a little inflated by a 7 goal haul against an undersized Freo backline.

Don't get me wrong, his numbers stack up well - but some of the carry on around here is a bit over the top and I'd be pretty pissed if we paid 1mil+ a year and gave up potentially a number 1 or 2 draft pick for a guy that can hardly kick a drop punt.

EDIT: I'd still have him at North in a heartbeat, but not for any of these crazy unrealistic offers.

I agree, he isn't as good as Ben Brown 2016-2019.

R00StaR

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2003
Asgard
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Come in peace, pretty much looking like DeGoey to your mob at years end, just a matter of striking the right deal, Magpies are wanting draft picks from you guys. give us something decent this time after bending us over without rectinol in the Stevo deal :p

Really not sure what we could give up. Our first is already spent on Horne ;)

Matrix10

Club Legend
Apr 15, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
On current form, you'd get a 3rd rounder at absolute best.

Agree on current form , but when North are going to be giving him $800k per year, means you value him higher than we do, and with your current squad, you guys are screaming out for Xfactor , and he will give you that 6-7 games per year where he will win you games off his own boot

Feb 14, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Agree on current form , but when North are going to be giving him $800k per year, means you value him higher than we do, and with your current squad, you guys are screaming out for Xfactor , and he will give you that 6-7 games per year where he will win you games off his own boot
is this you again Nathan?

R00StaR

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2003
Asgard
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos

Why would you give up 6-7 winning games a year?

R00StaR

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2003
Asgard
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Xerri has played four games.

Kicked three goals in his last two games and has averaged one goal a game. That would fit with what you want.

Maybe he gets there, im thinking 3 to 4 goals a game average between 2 rucks (while playing forward as rucks kick goals as well) who are also capable forwards.

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
On the big power forward, and im thinking aloud here so dont shoot me. But i wonder given we have Larkey who will never be the fastest of guys, if we're not better served looking for 2 x forward/ ruck types.
Melbourne went a bit top heavy and we had one of our best rebounding games and we went Larkey + resting ruck and held the ball in reasonably well. H.McKay is doing great at what 4 goals a game, Campbell kicked 2 so netting 4 from 2x quality Ruck/ forwards should be achievable. With the pace of the game, reduced rotations perhaps the 2x ruck/forward option + a key forward, attacking high half forwards (Stevo and Thomas), a goal kicking/ pressure small and mid ranged Zurhaar type might be the model of the future.
Granted we still need another key forward on our list, no questioning that. Its just where do we spend the bulk of the resources.

Interesting you say this as even though may seem too heavy.... Jackson is very nimble and they still scored at least two over top of our defenders when they ran on to it quicker than our def reacted... and Fritsch was the diff

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kangas_11

Club Legend
Nov 14, 2013
Toronto
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Colts, Raptors, Milan, FU Crabs
Hahahaha I know you're trolling, but 800k is hilarious. I watched Sean Lemmens take De Goey to the cleaners over the weekend, he's cooked.

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Xerri has played four games.

Kicked three goals in his last two games and has averaged one goal a game. That would fit with what you want.

Comben when he is fit and Edwards in the MSD.

Ideal balance would be two stay at home gun forwards plus two that can rotate ruck and forward. Kind of like the Bulldogs with English x 2.

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

If we have 800k to spend this it's better to through the way of Bolton cerra Merrett hmac.... thinks de goey a long way back

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Maybe he gets there, im thinking 3 to 4 goals a game average between 2 rucks (while playing forward as rucks kick goals as well) who are also capable forwards.
We could get that out of Goldy and Xerri with Campbell as back up (tho he deserves a spot against the Pies.)

And someone else in the MSD.

R00StaR

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2003
Asgard
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Comben when he is fit and Edwards in the MSD.

Ideal balance would be two stay at home gun forwards plus two that can rotate ruck and forward. Kind of like the Bulldogs with English x 2.

But one of theirs is Naughton who has serious wheels for big unit and easily pushes high up the ground and creates forward pressure. If we target a player like that then sure.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
DeGeoy is worth less then Stephenson and Atu, beware trading with Rawlings, As you can figure out the rest..

R00StaR

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2003
Asgard
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
We could get that out of Goldy and Xerri with Campbell as back up (tho he deserves a spot against the Pies.)

And someone else in the MSD.

For sure we can, Ive been keen to see how Xerri goes this season. I think Xerri could fit the bill nicely, time will tell. But Goldy is more toward the end than the beginning and ummm not the most reliable of shots. But yeah the structure should be there.

Mar 25, 2002
37° 70' 12"
AFL Club
North Melbourne

How many has he won off his own boot this year?

Last edited:

Matrix10

Club Legend
Apr 15, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ta
How many has he won off his own boot this year?
Take it easy Star, the guy has just come back from concussion, 16 rounds left, will do plenty of damage, just hope for your own clubs sake, he does not unleash his explosive power starting this week

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ta

Take it easy Star, the guy has just come back from concussion, 16 rounds left, will do plenty of damage, just hope for your own clubs sake, he does not unleash his explosive power starting this week

Fine we will take him in the PSD

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back