List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'd take mitch mcgoven for the remainder of his contract (assuming it was a 5 year deal and he has 2 left) and pay 350k max with carlton paying the rest to have a mature body forward to sit in the forward line with larks while comben/edwards builds some strength and size.
More like sit in the rehab group! Can’t get on the ******* park. He is the last thing we need.

i'd take mitch mcgoven for the remainder of his contract (assuming it was a 5 year deal and he has 2 left) and pay 350k max with carlton paying the rest to have a mature body forward to sit in the forward line with larks while comben/edwards builds some strength and size.

I’d rather take c.curnow on one leg and hope he comes good like W80

Last edited:

fu** Carlton with rusty barbed wire. I won't forget that they were happy to take over our club and put us out of business. So fu** playing nice. As unlikely as the PSD scenario is for Harry, I'd be more than content for us to make them bleed.

And if we do get Horne and he turns out as good as we hope, then he can give those campaigners the same answer as The Duck did..."tell them to get f’ed"
1623155597123.gif

I know it’s as unlikely as it gets but imagine how 3 players changes the short, medium and long term outlook

Round 1 2022 Team

B: Corr Tazz JZ

HB: McDonald Mckay Hall

C: Scott (tagging) LDU Kelly (1)

HF: Stephenson Larkey Thomas

F: ?????? Mckay (2) Horne (3)

R: Goldy Simpkin Cunners

Int: Powell Phillips Anderson Turner

It’s a little midfielder heavy, and there’s a spot open in the forward pocket for whatever hole needs filling (second ruck in Edwards (won’t be ready), Comben (should be getting games next year) or what would be ideal would be a genuine dangerous speedy, pressure applying small forward. Until we get one Atley (due to experience and versatility) or Mahoney likely get the nod.

*Edit Zurhaar fits into the forward pocket. Plus he can relief ruck haha

Oh to dream.

Wasn't it pretending the salary cap doesn't exist that got Blues into trouble once before?
Do the maths and it's hard to see how they can possibly have any cap space at all. They have so many blokes on big coin.

For Carlton to make the Harry McKay re-signing happen they would have to lose the three following players in my opinion:

Jack Martin
Mitch McGovern
Charlie Curnow

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Am I right in remembering that we were told by the media that Zac accepted 100k less than our offer because he believed in what Carlton were building and wanted to go there? Normal flogs including Andy Maher beated on about it at the time.

It would be nice if this was raised again now.
There were mixed stories on that one - some saying we were 100k short of Carlton's offer and Williams went to the highest bidder - some saying as you say above - we overbid but got knocked back.

Given the salary numbers being thrown about for Williams in the past week it appears he went to Carlton as they were the highest bidder.

I know it’s as unlikely as it gets but imagine how 3 players changes the short, medium and long term outlook

Round 1 2022 Team

It’s a little midfielder heavy, and there’s a spot open in the forward pocket for whatever hole needs filling (second ruck in Edwards (won’t be ready), Comben (should be getting games next year) or what would be ideal would be a genuine dangerous speedy, pressure applying small forward. Until we get one Atley (due to experience and versatility) or Mahoney likely get the nod.

Oh to dream.
You gave Carlton Polec for HMac?

There were mixed stories on that one - some saying we were 100k short of Carlton's offer and Williams went to the highest bidder - some saying as you say above - we overbid but got knocked back.

Given the salary numbers being thrown about for Williams in the past week it appears he went to Carlton as they were the highest bidder.

Think it was the bluws flogs that said we offered more.

Round 1 2022 Team

Oh to dream.

Round 1 2022 Team

B: McDonald Tarrant Hall

HB: Polec Mckay Corr

C: Powell Phillips Kelly (1)

HF: Stephenson Larkey Zurhaar

F: Horne (3) Mckay (2) Cunnington

R: Goldstein Thomas LDU

Int: Anderson Simpkin Xerri Scott

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dropping Quinton Narkle after he's averaged 30 in the last month is a very Scott brother move. I wanted us to draft him originally, and would love us to ask the question. Young, clean, skillful, versatile; he'd fit in really well under Noble.

Out of contact too.

Geez reading the Carlton board and they’ve absolutely cooked their list..
midfield/ engine room consists of Walsh/Cripps then a fall off to Dow/Settlefield, theyre after Narkle as a gun inside...

their forward line has got talls McKay, CC, McGovern and SOS. All those guys are on big salaries and leaves McKay as a back up ruck. Yuck

They got plenty of run off HB Saad, Williams, SPS but none of them have a defensive bone in their body, so smalls get a run on and they can’t do anything about it.

it’s like Joyce has been through the club, aging list(one of the oldest) and they really over spent to get into the finals.

Last edited:
Feel guilty for saying this....but here goes....I hope we finish at the bottom this year and not let the pies sink down......I reckon wer're about one #1 draft pick and a couple of smart trades away from tieing this team together..

We're half way through the season....no use trying to win for the sake of winning. Get players healthy, get experience into the squad and get the process right.....expectations go up next year.

Feel guilty for saying this....but here goes....I hope we finish at the bottom this year and not let the pies sink down......I reckon wer're about one #1 draft pick and a couple of smart trades away from tieing this team together..

We're half way through the season....no use trying to win for the sake of winning. Get players healthy, get experience into the squad and get the process right.....expectations go up next year.

Hawks the only danger imo. Collingwood will probably have a bit of a bounce with the caretaker coach.

Cos cats don’t rate him

he got their final list spot last year - was very close to being delisted

but Narkle can play
Just wondered if there was any real reason, thought he had a few injuries too, thanks

If Carlton can keep everyone and get Cerra you might as well just send the ATO down there.

They can't even use the tigers excuse of "we took pay cuts for success" because Carlton don't even know what that is.

We'd be lucky if we've got a couple of players on over 600k a year and they've got half their squad getting it - with Walsh ready for a mega deal next year.

A lot of this is useless info, but I find it particularly interesting for the rebuilding clubs (Adelaide, North, Hawthorn, Collingwood). Shows how we compare from an early draft perspective & how far behind Hawthorn are, who neglected the draft & traded in senior players to try and pinch another flag. Also good to see Brisbane under Noble.

First and second-round picks taken
CLUB201520162017201820192020TOTAL
GWS34352320
Brisbane34343118
Gold Coast34144117
Adelaide21134516
North Melbourne33213416
Carlton42322215
Essendon43012414
Fremantle23223214
Sydney12224314
Melbourne20323313