barnrokn

Club Legend
Aug 1, 2017
Straightouttanthmelb
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne
If the Dogs said they'd give us Ugle-Hagan in exchange for effectively Jason Horne this year, would you do it?
1623293904728.gif

Don’t get me wrong JUH has rocket loads of potential but I wouldn’t trade him for someone who has massive amounts of talent and potential too.

Would he fit right into our team? Yes, potentially.

Also because we wouldn’t trade our potential number 1, does that mean we shouldn’t enquire at all? No

If he is willing to explore his options we should definitely give him a crack, just like any key forward that’s going to be on the market.

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ugle-Hagan, the 19 year old who is disillusioned by not getting a game in his first 11 games?

No thanks.
Alternatively, Ugle-Hagan, a 19 year old who was the number 1 pick less than a year ago and is widely considered a generational key forward talent who fills our biggest need.

It's clearly never going to happen, but some of the responses are an interesting insight into how it's always what's to come that has more value, even in comparison with a kid who was the Jason Horne, maybe even rated higher, of 12 months ago.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Would be a pretty horrendous year for Hawthorn if they don't win either of the Freo (Tas) or Collingwood games.

I would never underestimate Clarkson/Kennett whilst they are a realistic chance to finish last.

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
If the Dogs said they'd give us Ugle-Hagan in exchange for effectively Jason Horne this year, would you do it?
Next years first for Ugle-Hagan and this years first for Hornet..

"disillusioned" = Hasn't taken Bevo not gifting him games well?

Been a few whispers about JUH's behaviour, Bevo's opinion of it, and JUH's reaction to that.

Rumourmongering aside... He's a teenager in his first year on an AFL list. He wouldn't be the first or last kid to assume they can have both the glamourous party lifestyle and elite sportsman's life at the same time. Either way I'd take good odds that he matures sooner or later and goes on to have a handy career at the Dogs. I honestly doubt there is any actual serious disillusionment or that he's gettable, but if he IS gettable it's probably because there's a raging inferno causing the few whisps of smoke that the media have been putting out there. Personally though I think the current media whispers are only one part truth but two parts their own wet dream.

That's the problem - if he's gettable 1 year in then you'd be tempering any offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank God Wayne threw that in. He was in danger of supporting his old club for a second there.
Since when has he stopped calling us "the kangaroos"?

I agree with him that throwing 1.2Mx5 years to snare McKay in the PSD is reasonable. Costs no draft capital, and whilst we don't have state players to pay, we can front load a contract.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I agree with him that throwing 1.2Mx5 years to snare McKay in the PSD is reasonable.

Carlton would match it. They would match anything. McKay leaving puts them back years, with overpaid players still on the list. It would be a debacle for them.

As for North, Harry has to unequivocally want to leave so the "leverage" of the PSD comes in to play & Carlton have to cop a "reasonable" trade offe (1st & 1-2 2nd round pick/s).

I reckon it's a 1000-1 shot now, but I wouldn't discount it down the track.

A lot of this is useless info, but I find it particularly interesting for the rebuilding clubs (Adelaide, North, Hawthorn, Collingwood). Shows how we compare from an early draft perspective & how far behind Hawthorn are, who neglected the draft & traded in senior players to try and pinch another flag. Also good to see Brisbane under Noble.

First and second-round picks taken
CLUB201520162017201820192020TOTAL
GWS34352320
Brisbane34343118
Gold Coast34144117
Adelaide21134516
North Melbourne33213416
Carlton42322215
Essendon43012414
Fremantle23223214
Sydney12224314
Melbourne20323313
Port Adelaide14034113
Collingwood12121512
Richmond11423112
West Coast22440012
Western Bulldogs32231112
Geelong02313211
St Kilda1232019
Hawthorn2000237

If we add Stevo and Bonar to that ladder we are suddenly in equal second one behind GWS who are still on top.

(And it doesn't include Bailey Scott, Curtis Taylor, Larkey or Zurhaar.)

"disillusioned" = Hasn't taken Bevo not gifting him games well?

Been a few whispers about JUH's behaviour, Bevo's opinion of it, and JUH's reaction to that.

Rumourmongering aside... He's a teenager in his first year on an AFL list. He wouldn't be the first or last kid to assume they can have both the glamourous party lifestyle and elite sportsman's life at the same time. Either way I'd take good odds that he matures sooner or later and goes on to have a handy career at the Dogs. I honestly doubt there is any actual serious disillusionment or that he's gettable, but if he IS gettable it's probably because there's a raging inferno causing the few whisps of smoke that the media have been putting out there. Personally though I think the current media whispers are only one part truth but two parts their own wet dream.
Or LT has been in his ear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back