List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They screwed us with Preuss and they screwed us with Brown. I don't want us to even talk to them about a trade, just get him to go into the PSD. They deserve some karma for chasing players and not being prepared to be reasonable in trades, given the amount of money they offered the players.

not to mention the Pedo/Jizzberts didn't work out great for us either!

I'd just love to see these numbers from our forwards to start

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Since we're marching down memory lane and getting out the history text books:
Adrian McAdam, 23 goals from his first 3 games,,,,,and 68 from 17 games in debut season.

If we look at the Richmond & Bulldogs framework for an elite midfield group:

1 Elite Goal Kicking Midfielder - (Martin / Bont)
2 Genuine Inside Bulls - (Prestia, Cotchin / Libba, Dunkley)
3-4 Outside Damaging that can play Mid, Flank & Wing - (Bolton, Edwards, Lambert / Macrae, Hunter, Treloar, Smith)

North post Cunnington/Jed/Dumont:

1 Elite Goal Kicking Midfielder - Thomas
2 Genuine Inside Bulls - Davies-Uniacke, Phillips
3-4 Outside Damaging that can play Mid, Flank & Wing - Simpkin, Powell, Stephenson, Pick 1 2021

Now that top group has a bunch of AA/Norm Smith & Premiership players, so it's apples & oranges at this stage. My point is really in terms of mix, we appear to be building a very balanced young midfield brigade that aligns with the best in the competition. Balance of inside/outside/speed/skill/goal kicking. Big job for Noble, Blakey & Russell to develop these guys well over the coming years, because on paper, it's the strongest u23 midfield that I can recall at this club.
I want a 192cm+ gun midfielder to join that group before id be comfortable

They screwed us with Preuss and they screwed us with Brown. I don't want us to even talk to them about a trade, just get him to go into the PSD. They deserve some karma for chasing players and not being prepared to be reasonable in trades, given the amount of money they offered the players.

They can have Tyson for him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I want a 192cm+ gun midfielder to join that group before id be comfortable

We might have the chance with Ned Long at our second pick. 192cm 88kg.

Horne (#1), Kelly (FA), Weideman (PSD) + #22 (Sam Banks HBF would be nice) would be the definition of a club rebirth in one offseason if Rawlings could pull it off.

Screwed us? We gave them a ruckman who couldnt get on the park for a midfielder who couldnt do the same. That is one of the most equitable trades ever completed!

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Have heard North are keen on getting Sam Weideman over from Melbourne at years end. With North possible having pick 1 in pre season draft and Weideman out of contract at the end of this season they have a lot of power if a trade is to be worked out with Dees.

Where'd you heard this?

You don't seem to be a troll but it's curious you've posted 9 posts -ever- and 4 of them are on the north board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weids is not exactly your big gorilla forward and struggles to stay involved at afl level, but is clearly too good for vfl level. If you aren’t getting many kicks in a dominate Melbourne team as a secondary kpf, then I’m not sure you’ll do well at North.

Weids is not exactly your big gorilla forward and struggles to stay involved at afl level, but is clearly too good for vfl level. If you aren’t getting many kicks in a dominate Melbourne team as a secondary kpf, then I’m not sure you’ll do well at North.

Yeah agree - not many gorilla forwards around.
Even Riccardi looks similar

Yeah agree - not many gorilla forwards around.
Even Riccardi looks similar
Riccardi is an undersized second KPF. Not really a third KPF as he's not really a linkman like Lynch at Adelaide.

I'm happy for a third tall type alongside a gorilla, but Ford looks good as that lead-up/linkman undersized third KPF.

Reckon Weideman would be a smart acquisition. Clearly has talent, but is probably in a buy low situation. The reward could be high for potentially very little risk. A future 2nd would just about do it considering his current stock.

Screwed us? We gave them a ruckman who couldnt get on the park for a midfielder who couldnt do the same. That is one of the most equitable trades ever completed!

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
[/QUOTE

What did GWS trade them though (to still not get on the park)....would be all square if someone wouuld give us something to take Dom..i reckon we lost that one by half a length, but neither here nor there. It's a shame for Dom. But on that whole from memory, north (Joyce) initiallly said we weren't interested in Dom, before you know it he arrives at Arden St....while I don't think we were bent over on the trade, my impression was that we did really help Preuss in that he was being offered way overs financially, and took whatever we could in return. A bit of a "whatever" trade for us. I'd like to think any trade entered to these days would be one that is fundamentally first and foremost in the interest of the club. I felt that trade was a pure financial one for Preuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back