List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nothing to do with fat shaming and not even his fault. I never said it was fat either, it's muscle in the wrong spot for his role, his traps, upper body, arms and shoulders.

AFL players aren't allowed to do their own weight training and programmes, they are developed for them by their S&C staff.

Compare Cripps and Petracca's body shapes and get back to me.

He looks like he's been built for Rugby Union, not AFL football in a midfield/half forward role which requires the largest work rate in the game.

View attachment 1175920
Yeah righto
1582618252876_GPJ2L5890.1-2.JPG

he is building his body shape.. looks like his core is being built first to me..
4028131ea7e9a083a40bdb59e6873c9a

Last edited:
+1 here for Darcy Fogarty, have always thought he had a lot of potential, if he is fit and can't get a game with Tex out something doesn't smell right

Dominated the midfield in his draft year. Not sure where he should be playing but he was super impressive pre-draft. And he’s always been really big/solid. That’s his body shape.

It's nothing to do with fat shaming and not even his fault. I never said it was fat either, it's muscle in the wrong spot for his role (and this sport) - his traps, upper body, arms and shoulders.

AFL players aren't allowed to do their own weight training and programmes, they are developed for them by their S&C staff.

Compare Cripps and Petracca's body shapes and get back to me. Petracca is absolutely huge through his core, glutes and quads. He's relatively small through his chest, arms and shoulders. Just like someone like Fyfe.

He looks like he's been built for Rugby Union, not AFL football in a midfield/half forward role which requires the largest work rate in the game.

View attachment 1175920

View attachment 1175921
OMG! He's almost as big as Tim English!

Fog is another that just signed a new deal like Harry a few weeks ago

can’t see him leaving despite being out of the side atm, he’ll be back in for Frampton anyway

just get Riccardi in the PSD

Most first rounders get an extra couple of years to make it.

He has the talent - don’t know why the crows don’t try him in the backline

So apparently Rory Lobb's partner's family live in Melbourne now so that is the link to victoria to potentially move

He's about 10-15kg kg's overweight.

S&C guys at Adelaide have a lot to answer for bulking him up like they did.

They tried to turn him into a KPF, when he should have been slimming down to try and become a modern half forward.

He's never going to have the endurance for the midfield or half forward at AFL level and his builds all out of whack.

Will be playing state league football in 3 years.

He's young enough to go try punting via a NCAA Scholarship, I'd be advising him of that tbh.

I actually think that's what they fully intended for him and I don't necessarily think it's bad.

If he is playing as a more marking/power forward it really has merit - similar to Hawkins about 5 years ago. You could tell Geelong went down the path of getting as much mass on the guy without sacrificing all his endurance.

And the way people are looking to hit the KPF with quick movements - it might work with Darcy.

So apparently Rory Lobb's partner's family live in Melbourne now so that is the link to victoria to potentially move

That's nice, pass.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RIVALS CIRCLE DOGS BALL MAGNET

Patrick Lipinski continues to attract strong interest from rival clubs after another emphatic response to his latest demotion to the VFL.

The Western Bulldogs’ ball magnet was best-on-ground in the VFL team’s win over the Sydney Swans on Sunday, racking up 35 possessions, six clearances and the matchwinning goal which clinched a stirring comeback win.

He would be an outstanding addition to Carlton and North Melbourne, two clubs which are intent on building their midfields, while the Swans have also been linked to a move on the out-of-contract ball winner.

He is also an interesting proposition for Essendon which has a strong midfield, but could adjust their sights from contracted hard nut Josh Dunkley last year to Lipinski this year.

A move to another club appears on the cards due to the incredible midfield depth on show at the Dogs including Adam Treloar, who is making progress from his ankle injury, and Dunkley who will push to make his comeback against Gold Coast on Saturday.

Former Bulldogs’ recruiter Simon Dalrymple, who heads up the Swans’ recruiting division, is a big fan of Lipinski after taking him with pick No. 28 in the 2016 national draft.

Dogs’ speedster Ed Richards is also on rivals’ radars but has forced his way back into the Dogs’ senior side after some early-season ankle injury trouble.

[PLAYERCARD]Patrick Lipinski[/PLAYERCARD] is gaining interest from rival clubs. Picture: Getty Images

Patrick Lipinski is gaining interest from rival clubs. Picture: Getty Images

UNSIGNED ROO MAKES CASE FOR ANOTHER SEASON

North Melbourne captain Jack Ziebell is yet to be offered a new contract but surely put a solid brick in the wall on his way to a 2022 deal with a brilliant showing against West Coast on Monday night.

The Roos are holding off on deals for some of their older stalwarts as they assess the future, having cut into the list hard last year.

The Roos have promised to blend experience with youth in making list calls — Ziebell, Shaun Atley, Robbie Tarrant, Aaron Hall and Dom Tyson are among those out of contract.

Tarrant will secure another deal, with the Roos conscious of how they moved on Brent Harvey and Drew Petrie and determined not to butcher their list moves again.

Interestingly, before Monday night’s clash 100 of Ziebell’s 325 kicks this year were from taking the kick-in at fullback and playing on from the goalsquare.

With Aiden Bonar and Aidan Corr to return to the backline next year Ziebell might have been pushed out.

Tyson would seem likely to move on, with a decision ahead on Atley, but at worst the Roos could rookie-list Ziebell in the same manner as Melbourne with Nathan Jones

RIVALS CIRCLE DOGS BALL MAGNET

Patrick Lipinski continues to attract strong interest from rival clubs after another emphatic response to his latest demotion to the VFL.

The Western Bulldogs’ ball magnet was best-on-ground in the VFL team’s win over the Sydney Swans on Sunday, racking up 35 possessions, six clearances and the matchwinning goal which clinched a stirring comeback win.

He would be an outstanding addition to Carlton and North Melbourne, two clubs which are intent on building their midfields, while the Swans have also been linked to a move on the out-of-contract ball winner.

He is also an interesting proposition for Essendon which has a strong midfield, but could adjust their sights from contracted hard nut Josh Dunkley last year to Lipinski this year.

A move to another club appears on the cards due to the incredible midfield depth on show at the Dogs including Adam Treloar, who is making progress from his ankle injury, and Dunkley who will push to make his comeback against Gold Coast on Saturday.

Former Bulldogs’ recruiter Simon Dalrymple, who heads up the Swans’ recruiting division, is a big fan of Lipinski after taking him with pick No. 28 in the 2016 national draft.

Dogs’ speedster Ed Richards is also on rivals’ radars but has forced his way back into the Dogs’ senior side after some early-season ankle injury trouble.

UNSIGNED ROO MAKES CASE FOR ANOTHER SEASON

North Melbourne captain Jack Ziebell is yet to be offered a new contract but surely put a solid brick in the wall on his way to a 2022 deal with a brilliant showing against West Coast on Monday night.

The Roos are holding off on deals for some of their older stalwarts as they assess the future, having cut into the list hard last year.

The Roos have promised to blend experience with youth in making list calls — Ziebell, Shaun Atley, Robbie Tarrant, Aaron Hall and Dom Tyson are among those out of contract.

Tarrant will secure another deal, with the Roos conscious of how they moved on Brent Harvey and Drew Petrie and determined not to butcher their list moves again.

Interestingly, before Monday night’s clash 100 of Ziebell’s 325 kicks this year were from taking the kick-in at fullback and playing on from the goalsquare.

With Aiden Bonar and Aidan Corr to return to the backline next year Ziebell might have been pushed out.

Tyson would seem likely to move on, with a decision ahead on Atley, but at worst the Roos could rookie-list Ziebell in the same manner as Melbourne with Nathan Jones

Who rote this s**t?

"Interestingly, before Monday night’s clash 100 of Ziebell’s 325 kicks this year were from taking the kick-in at fullback and playing on from the goalsquare."

So he still averaged 15 kicks per game that aren't kick ins prior to Monday? Way to twist the statistic.

Looking forward to them prefacing Daniel Rich etc with the same comment in the end of year discussions.

Who rote this sh*t?

"Interestingly, before Monday night’s clash 100 of Ziebell’s 325 kicks this year were from taking the kick-in at fullback and playing on from the goalsquare."

So he still averaged 15 kicks per game that aren't kick ins prior to Monday? Way to twist the statistic.

Looking forward to them prefacing Daniel Rich etc with the same comment in the end of year discussions.

It's nothing to do with fat shaming and not even his fault. I never said it was fat either, it's muscle in the wrong spot for his role (and this sport) - his traps, upper body, arms and shoulders.

Compare Cripps and Petracca's body shapes and get back to me. Petracca is absolutely huge through his core, glutes and quads. He's relatively small through his chest, arms and shoulders. Just like someone like Fyfe.

View attachment 1175920

View attachment 1175921

I don't think he has been built disproportionately. A lot of that comes down to genetics. He is however carrying way too much weight and needs to lean down considerably.

I think we should definitley look for a forward.

Interesting times as when and if Bonar and Corr come back. Will push out someone (either Zeebs or Mckay?) to the forward line?

Interesting times as when and if Bonar and Corr come back. Will push out someone (either Zeebs or Mckay?) to the forward line?
push Walker forward which was the plan prior to corr going down

Walker forward and Bonar i think pushes Atley out. Can play small with his closing speed and could cover a mobile taller type with his athleticism. Corr and Bonar wont squeeze ziebell out, different roles altogether

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

push Walker forward which was the plan prior to corr going down

Was thinking this too. We don't need 4 tall defenders at the one time and Walker is more than enough protection (plus the resting ruckmen) for Larkey if 2022 is an incremental development year.

Of course you go for broke every year but 2022 is not yet the time to trade the farm for a Jeremy Cameron for example.

McKay is the pillar of the backline for the next decade. We're all about the long term.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Was thinking this too. We don't need 4 tall defenders at the one time and Walker is more than enough protection (plus the resting ruckmen) for Larkey if 2022 is an incremental development year.

Of course you go for broke every year but 2022 is not yet the time to trade the farm for a Jeremy Cameron for example.
He'd provide as much as any mid range spud that we could waste our time trading for.

I imagine Comben or Edwards are seen as the long term future and we'd want to see what they can provide before we move for a big trade.

I can't see a month of promising form shifting our sights too much.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Someone asked Tom Morris a Question about who Jack Billings is linked to and he named you Guy’s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back