List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Status
Not open for further replies.

remfan101

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If we could live trade our future 1st and pick up Gibcus alongside Horne/Callaghan this year, I’d absolutely do it. Looks to me like he’ll be a genuinely elite CHB, has some Darcy Moore-esque highlights.

Important to bank our KPP as early as possible imo, and CHB is the one position we don’t have covered longterm.

sruss

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think it’s so important to get another top 10 pick in this draft, but not sure how.

Looking at our list I think it’s fair to say Stepho, LDU, Jy, BMac, TT, Powell, Zurhaar and Phillips are untouchable.

Minus them from the squad, and we are left with Jed, Curtis Taylor, Bailey Scott, Robbie Tarrant and Aaron Hall as the only players who are not free agents, not locked into very long contracts and have some amount of value. I wouldn’t be thrilled to lose them (especially Taz with his loyalty over the years and Jed being only a few games off gifting us his kids one day) but what could Robbie and Anderson net us realistically?

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think it’s so important to get another top 10 pick in this draft, but not sure how.

Simple we do it every year, package up say a Tyson, Campbell a Walker and apparently you'll have clubs lining up 😉 Our PP will be early enough I'd suggest. End of first I'm thinking.

We haven't the cattle to trade for such an early pick. Stick to FA's for now. Should we hold onto last place I think we'll land someone of note in the pre-season draft as well. Is my own personal view of course

sruss

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Simple we do it every year, package up say a Tyson, Campbell a Walker and apparently you'll have clubs lining up 😉 Our PP will be early enough I'd suggest. End of first I'm thinking.

We haven't the cattle to trade for such an early pick. Stick to FA's for now. Should we hold onto last place I think we'll land someone of note in the pre-season draft as well. Is my own personal view of course
Dreaming of a world where we can package Atley, Tyson and Pick 70 for a first rounder…

Yeah, you’re right I think. FA is our best option.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf

Looking at our list I think it’s fair to say Stepho, LDU, Jy, BMac, TT, Powell, Zurhaar and Phillips are untouchable.

Minus them from the squad, and we are left with Jed, Curtis Taylor, Bailey Scott, Robbie Tarrant and Aaron Hall as the only players who are not free agents, not locked into very long contracts and have some amount of value. I wouldn’t be thrilled to lose them (especially Taz with his loyalty over the years and Jed being only a few games off gifting us his kids one day) but what could Robbie and Anderson net us realistically?

Not much. Tarrant is on his last legs. Jed’s a hard arse, but no team is coughing up for him.

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not much. Tarrant is on his last legs. Jed’s a hard arse, but no team is coughing up for him.

Jed's an interesting one moving forward.

He's a heart and soul player, definitely great depth to have, but you can just see him being forced out by sheer weight of numbers in the midfield in the next few years.

Would be great if Noble could re-purpose him like he has with Turner and Ziebell, as I can't see a spot for him in the center with the emergence of Thomas, Powell and Phillips as center square options that need game time there. That's also excluding our top pick this year.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Simple we do it every year, package up say a Tyson, Campbell a Walker and apparently you'll have clubs lining up Our PP will be early enough I'd suggest. End of first I'm thinking.

Man Liam Anthony was a decade too early.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Simple we do it every year, package up say a Tyson, Campbell a Walker and apparently you'll have clubs lining up Our PP will be early enough I'd suggest. End of first I'm thinking.

But seriously, upgrading our 2nd as it is gonna be quite high with a Polec or Atley type might fetch us an upgrade of a few spots. Hopefully that’s enough to grab one of those kpp prospects

Its a Process

All Australian
Mar 28, 2011
Nsw
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Jed's an interesting one moving forward.

He's a heart and soul player, definitely great depth to have, but you can just see him being forced out by sheer weight of numbers in the midfield in the next few years.

Would be great if Noble could re-purpose him like he has with Turner and Ziebell, as I can't see a spot for him in the center with the emergence of Thomas, Powell and Phillips as center square options that need game time there. That's also excluding our top pick this year.
I know it's not his best position but if we stays i'd look at playing him in the front half with some pinch hitting in the midfield. I would suggest a front half of Bull and Jed would have a few defenders a little nervous for their respective AC Joints.

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We are NOT getting a Priority Pick before the draft or at 19 or 20 we are playing better now had we still getting thrashed at this stage of the season it may be considered but the other 17 AFL Clubs would tell the commission NO.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Someone will know this, what was the old PP cut off greater than 4.5 wins in a season? We're currently tracking at 6.5 wins from our last 34 games.
Oh we'll qualify for one nothing surer.
I think we'll win one more game and finish with 7.5 wins from our last 39 games.

Someone will know this, what was the old PP cut off greater than 4.5 wins in a season? We're currently tracking at 6.5 wins from our last 34 games.
I think we'll win one more game and finish with 7.5 wins from our last 39 games.
Yeah I think was 4 or less wins:
Edit:
From the 2006 draft, a club became eligible for a priority draft pick in the National Draft if it finished a season with fewer than 16.5 premiership points (four wins).

Last edited:
we definetly at the very least should get an end of first round compo

Watch the afl screw us over and not give us anything even though on wins over the last 2 years we’d qualify

Le Grille

Cancelled
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
we definetly at the very least should get an end of first round compo

Watch the afl screw us over and not give us anything even though on wins over the last 2 years we’d qualify

We won’t mate, there’d be an uproar

Dirty_11

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 28, 2014
Beneath the Blue & White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Shinboners
I know it's not his best position but if we stays i'd look at playing him in the front half with some pinch hitting in the midfield. I would suggest a front half of Bull and Jed would have a few defenders a little nervous for their respective AC Joints.
100% He would be the ultimate pressure forward.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back