Lavy_Panther

Premiership Player
Jul 8, 2005
Mumbai Dustbowl
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Parthiv Patel
But has the capacity to win the inside ball to give it to those who can. Dont undersell what he brings

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I dont, and I wouldn’t. But you need to be realistic. Looking at 2023 midfielders:

Cunnington (finishing up soon though)
LDU
Jy
Powell
Phillips
Horne
TT
Jed
Stephenson (maybe, maybe not)

And we’ll likely pick up the odd midfielder in the draft along the way as well. It’s very possible Jed can be there, but there’s a squeeze on and I’d say by then he’d be the one in danger.

Firebat

Premium Platinum
Feb 23, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
C's
Jed makes a pretty crazy impact to our team - one of the rare ones who lifts those around him and compliments our key guys developing in the midfield. I hope he's squeezed out in 2 years, because we would have a beastly midfield. I'd like to see him spend some more time in attack - I think he'd be a great asset there with his hardness and aggression at the contest.

DunderHead

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He's a good kick. Or at least he's capable of being a good kick. He's normally smashing it manically forward because we didn't control the ball well as a team.

I'm not saying he will eliminate all brain fades, but I think we'll see some better decision making and control of the ball from him playing in this team.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I dont, and I wouldn’t. But you need to be realistic. Looking at 2023 midfielders:

Cunnington (finishing up soon though)
LDU
Jy
Powell
Phillips
Horne
TT
Jed
Stephenson (maybe, maybe not)

And we’ll likely pick up the odd midfielder in the draft along the way as well. It’s very possible Jed can be there, but there’s a squeeze on and I’d say by then he’d be the one in danger.
I think we are being really really positive about what Phillips Powell and possibly Horne can bring by then, which is great. But if we are being realistic 2023 those boys are still pups - LDU is 22 and still yet to really break a game apart. I think 2024 and 2025 is probably a more realistic assessment of when those boys will be full time mids squeezing out the old boys.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep. Jed Anderson is in a really important age group, where he'll hopefully bridge the gap between the JZ/Cunners era to the Simpkin/LDU/et al era. His disposal is poor, sure, but that negative isn't enough to outweigh all the good that he brings. If he is squeezed out in the next few years, we'd be absolutely flying, as it would mean a few have come from the clouds or improved out of sight.

Chairman Zia

All Australian
Jul 22, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The talk of cunnington getting close to the end of his career in th emedia is laughable. Greg Williams played until 34 as a bit of a reference.

As long as C doesn't get any soft tissue injuries then he should be good to go for a while. At least 35 as he could finish up as an undersized key forward like Aaron Hamill type.

Chairman Zia

All Australian
Jul 22, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne

So billings is off the table in that he is willing to stay now when the tune previously has been wait until end of the season. Why might this be? does him and his management team know something about what we might do? Why hasn't josh kelly signed by now?

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So billings is off the table in that he is willing to stay now when the tune previously has been wait until end of the season. Why might this be? does him and his management team know something about what we might do? Why hasn't josh kelly signed by now?

Don't know if too many people changing jobs ( which it is ) in the middle of a pandemic.
. I know the place
. I know the people
. I'm guaranteed this income
. Life been in upheaval for 18 months.
. I'm staying with what l know.

Chairman Zia

All Australian
Jul 22, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Don't know if too many people changing jobs ( which it is ) in the middle of a pandemic.
. I know the place
. I know the people
. I'm guaranteed this income
. Life been in upheaval for 18 months.
. I'm staying with what l know.

a shame, would have liked billing more than kelly as he is half the price.

We should really try to get lynch from adelaide, we need a link up tall at chf.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
a shame, would have liked billing more than kelly as he is half the price.

We should really try to get lynch from adelaide, we need a link up tall at chf.
The likelihood of us bringing in a 31 yo running around in the SANFL is slim at best.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Plus Waite was an erratic but match winning talent on his day.
4655D646-98BE-4133-98B1-DBDD84A3F5BC.gif

disco_cowboy

Club Legend
Feb 18, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United

My guess is his agent did some sniffing around to see what sort of deal he could get elsewhere (as leverage or otherwise) and realised his value on the market wasn't greater than St Kilda's.

My guess is his agent did some sniffing around to see what sort of deal he could get elsewhere (as leverage or otherwise) and realised his value on the market wasn't greater than St Kilda's.
That or his manager who also manages Kelly knows kelly is coming to us ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back