List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a text I got yesterday

"Mabior Chol has been offered a 3 year deal with a trigger for a 4th at approximately $400k I am reliably informed. Free agent acquisition, costs us nothing and he is pretty excited about it apparently"

I would have thought $400k was a bit unders but don't shoot the messenger. Just passing it on.

That would mean no new deal for TC.

An article from earlier in the week re Lloyd's thoughts on Chol

"Mabior Chol is the odd man out at Richmond with its bevy of talls including Tom Lynch, Toby Nankervis, Jack Riewoldt and Callum Coleman-Jones and thus should look elsewhere.

“I think (Chol) is more of a ruckman. I’d say $350,000, you’d get him cheap,” he said."

An article from earlier in the week re Lloyd's thoughts on Chol

"Mabior Chol is the odd man out at Richmond with its bevy of talls including Tom Lynch, Toby Nankervis, Jack Riewoldt and Callum Coleman-Jones and thus should look elsewhere.

“I think (Chol) is more of a ruckman. I’d say $350,000, you’d get him cheap,” he said."

Was that in relation to my comment? I was more saying we haven't been connected to him in the media anywhere...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If true, I expect we're playing a bit of the projection game with Chol, thinking about what he could be, while also planning for a post-Goldy NMFC.

Sell me on Chol, not seen much of him. Doesn’t seem that exciting

Is $350k cheap?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is $350k cheap?

The average player salary in 2019 was $363,430, it dropped to $259,651 last year due to covid, i think the salaries this year are only 9% lower, but not 100% sure. Not anywhere as bad as last year.

Contracted amounts talked about are generally the guaranteed portions, there could be performance incentives beyond that, various triggers for reaching certain milestones. Those are counted within the TPP if they are paid, but are not factored into things like when determining compensation for free agency, etc.

He's pretty agile, has a bit of pace about him and, as others have mentioned, he's tall...

Wouldn't set the world on fire but he'd be reasonably handy.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Great marking target too

The average player salary in 2019 was $363,430, it dropped to $259,651 last year due to covid, i think the salaries this year are only 9% lower, but not 100% sure. Not anywhere as bad as last year.

Contracted amounts talked about are generally the guaranteed portions, there could be performance incentives beyond that, various triggers for reaching certain milestones. Those are counted within the TPP if they are paid, but are not factored into things like when determining compensation for free agency, etc.

Yep, this was kinda my point. For a player like chol (who granted I’ve not seen a lot of) $350k guaranteed seems like a lot. A cursory glance at the stats indicate below avg output so why would $350k be “cheap” for him. I’d say min base plus appearances.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Great marking target too

Is he? I don’t see it but i haven’t seen much

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Whispers that I've heard today is that we have been linked to a couple of Port & Freo players.

Port players are Riley Bonner who is out of contract this year. The other is a "tall" which I'm tipping is either Ladhams (who we have previously shown interest in), Jarrod Lienert or Sam Hayes. I wouldn't imagine any of their other talls would be gettable.

Lachie Schultz is one of the freo players, but haven't been told who the other is. Their OOC list isn't really that appealing outside of Cerra.

I'd imagine we are probably just investigating potential PSD picks with these sorts of players (excluding Hayes and Ladhams who are contracted).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back