List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Status
Not open for further replies.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Give Comben the full year, Xerri and Walker can fill a role if needed. Then make a judgement on how our key forwards went, if we still feel the same way go after King. No need to recruit a stop gap when ideally we want Comben playing each week.
If you want another wooden spoon then yeah sure go with the 2nd fwd option of a 1st gamer and a slow immobile ruckman.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Pretty sure I didn't say delist, But go on.
I know what you mean .
I love Goldie but for the first time ever I saw him fatigue in the last 2-3 rounds this season . Don’t blame him as he is a freak on the way he goes about it but surely someone else at North has picked up on this too & is hopefully looking at a Plan b to give him some sort of of chop out (help) in 2022

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I know what you mean .
I love Goldie but for the first time ever I saw him fatigue in the last 2-3 rounds this season . Don’t blame him as he is a freak on the way he goes about it but surely someone else at North has picked up on this too & is hopefully looking at a Plan b to give him some sort of of chop out (help) in 2022
Cant fault his work rate around the ground but has been getting beaten by 2 rucks recently.
Seems to also struggle against the more physical types which I don't think was the case 2-3 years ago.

R00StaR

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2003
Asgard
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
If you want another wooden spoon then yeah sure go with the 2nd fwd option of a 1st gamer and a slow immobile ruckman.

If one temporary spot filler makes that big of a difference we aint winning the flag next year, so dont care where we finish. Its about building the list to win flags. Might as well back Comben, if he's injured we play 2 rucks and send 1 forward. Following year King is OOC and then we chase someone hell of a lot better than a plug.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If one tempt spot filler makes that big of a difference we aint winning the flag next year. So dont care where we finish, its about building the list to win flags. Might as well back Comben, if he's injured we play 2 rucks and send 1 forward. Following year King is OOC and then we chase someone hell of a lot better than a plug.

Comben is years away from being a consistent competitive senior footballer and Xerri, based on this season, is the worst player in the 18th side in the league. So no, i want an alternative option. Particularly if we want to win the odd game or two and play finals soon

R00StaR

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2003
Asgard
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Comben is years away from being a consistent competitive senior footballer and Xerri, based on this season, is the worst player in the 18th side in the league. So no, i want an alternative option. Particularly if we want to win the odd game or two and play finals soon

Oh you shouldve just stamped your feet earlier and said no i want. Kidding, i dont really care want you want. My opinion is what id like to see happen.

Winter

Club Legend
Jan 3, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
NameYears ServiceStatus
3​
Non-Free Agent​
2​
Non-Free Agent​
1​
Non-Free Agent​
1​
Non-Free Agent​
3​
Non-Free Agent​
13​
Unrestricted Free Agent​
2​
Non-Free Agent​
4​
Non-Free Agent​
1​
Non-Free Agent​
2​
Non-Free Agent​
1​
Non-Free Agent​
14​
Unrestricted Free Agent​
11​
Unrestricted Free Agent​
9​
Restricted Free Agent​
3​
Non-Free Agent​
8​
Restricted Free Agent​
4​
Non-Free Agent​

Pulled this list from Footywire, so assuming accurate(?).
Some tough decisions to make on "insurance" bigs like Campbell and Walker. Do we trade Dumont?

Re-sign
  • Tarrant (32) 1 more year.
  • Hall (30) earns 2 more years. B&F for mine this season.
  • Ziebell (30) 1-2 years. Really, really good year from the Captain, top 5 B&F finish coming.
  • Bonar (22) deserves 1, maybe 2. Easy to forget how good he was early in the season pre-injury.
  • Bosenavulagi (20) probably 1 year. Again, was great in some early games. Unsure why he didn't play more.
  • Young (22) was impressive early, then fell away. 1 more year.
Trade?
  • Atley (28) unsure if any currency, just didn't use the ball well this season and appears the wrong side of our age profile. Might be of value as back-up at a competing club looking for half back pace. Wouldn't be opposed to delisting if no trade can be found.
  • Dumont (26) just feel like he has fallen away as a player, but again would be of value to a competing side in the window. Happy to re-sign otherwise.
Delist
  • Campbell (29) we have a bias due to Goldstein's incredible fitness run. Xerri and Edwards are the only other two on the list, so one might argue Campbell is sensible insurance. But, I think we open this slot up, and perhaps select another young ruckman in the draft.
  • Tyson (28) classic case of too good for VFL, not good enough for AFL. Decision making and speed always an issue.
  • J.Walker (28) a risk to delist, but McKay/Tarrant/Corr/Ziebell are the answer down back, while Larkey/Comben/Zurhaar are the forwards. Similar to Campbell, might secure another year as insurance.
  • Garner (27) could never get fit. Even when he was, I'm not sure he deserved 9 years in the system. Curtis Taylor playing this role with others in line.
  • Menadue (24)
  • Hayden (22)
Who knows?
  • McGuinness (21)
  • P.Walker (21)
  • W.Walker (22)

Mute Point

Team Captain
Apr 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Offer pendles a 2 yr playing / assistant coaching role? No better teacher for our young midfield. Teach out on the ground during matches & during the week on the track....we need someone with game maturity & to set the required standards

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Well I personally are now looking fwd to our PP. Just got belted by the 15th placed side. We've won 7.5 of our last 39 matches, guess what we qualify.

Will be very interesting and I reckon at days end we'll win, Dumont leaving would assist us. Fingers crossed.

True for multiple reasons.

tiltraise

Premiership Player
Feb 12, 2008
arden street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Josh Walker is not a 2nd fwd. We need to recruit a 2nd kpf. Anyone who suggests otherwise is apparently a bigger list management expert than those employed at geelong and brisbane

We arent going to win the flag next year anyway so if we have to play Walker up forward to ease the load on our younger KPFs then so be it.

No point trading for an experienced key forward when we can wait a year and go hard for Ben King who will be OOC.

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If one temporary spot filler makes that big of a difference we aint winning the flag next year, so dont care where we finish. Its about building the list to win flags. Might as well back Comben, if he's injured we play 2 rucks and send 1 forward. Following year King is OOC and then we chase someone hell of a lot better than a plug.
If we chase King from the Suns we would have to make the richest player in the game to get him and hopefully he has nothing to do with Paul Connors

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well I personally are now looking fwd to our PP. Just got belted by the 15th placed side. We've won 7.5 of our last 39 matches, guess what we qualify.

Will be very interesting and I reckon at days end we'll win, Dumont leaving would assist us. Fingers crossed.
Interesting how the commentary can change from one game to the next.. I’d still say we’re the best 18th placed side..

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We arent going to win the flag next year anyway so if we have to play Walker up forward to ease the load on our younger KPFs then so be it.

No point trading for an experienced key forward when we can wait a year and go hard for Ben King who will be OOC.

And what happens when if we miss out on ben king? Or larkey get injured? Literally have one fit kpf on a list of 40 plus footballers. Walker isnt one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back