List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you say things are getting done….

Fast forward ten pages of people reading into that sentence. Including me.

I wouldn't rely on me for the inside word - I barely know what is happening in my own house.

IMO we just Draft Horne-Francis. We have enough depth of young talent that we can afford to take the best kid in the country. It’s worth it for the interest that it will establish in our young Roos supporters. My nephew is 12 year old mad Roos supporter and keeps asking me about who we’re going to take with pick 1. Haven’t seen him this excited for ages.

Possible mate, I wasn't commenting on whether we should or shouldn't. I've seen all of 20 seconds of the alternatives.

Only that if after much consideration the club are open to trading pick #1, the minimum asking price would be around a top 5 pick, future 1st round + a very good younger player.

Possible mate, I wasn't commenting on whether we should or shouldn't. I've seen all of 20 seconds of the alternatives.

Only that if after much consideration the club are open to trading pick #1, the minimum asking price would be around a top 5 pick, future 1st round + a very good younger player.

AFL media will be pushing us to downgrade our first pick, just like last year. That and which veterans we should let Geelong have when Melbourne beat them on Friday.

Just for all you kids playing at home, notice neither "AFL Trade Whisperer" nor "AFL Insider Trade News" had anything about Neale?

So can we now formally put a big red line through their crap?

AFL media will be pushing us to downgrade our first pick, just like last year. That and which veterans we should let Geelong have when Melbourne beat them on Friday.

If we trade it because the AFL media say so we should just shut up shop. I’m already shitty enough re their influence in the BBB deal, they are trying to do the same with weiderman by driving his price up (not worth anything more than a third)

Brady needs to ensure a big middle finger is raised to the media if they even attempt to steer a narrative to influence our actions.

here’s my sliding doors

IF the AFL had integrity and balls

THEN many of these *******s would have their credentials canceled

I mean the Greene case was a perfect example, you had cat fanboy #1 whateley acting as judge jury and executioner, no way Greene was gett a fair hearing. There used to be a time where you couldn’t replay reportable incidents in the media, again the AFL if they had integrity would go back to this. The agendas of a privileged few are being played out.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If we offload pick one then its pick 4, doedee and another pick. Doubt it happens. I like Doedee but almost EVW unlucky with injury. If he hadn't sustained so many injuries it would be more appealing.

surprised how many people in here like that doedee deal.

solid player, sure. could be wrong but i think a lot of crows fans would do that in a heartbeat.

i dont think wed do it.
No we would not. Doedee is our next captain. We are not giving him and number 4 up for Horne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It kind of make sense to trade pick one only because in the last 20 drafts the number one pick has not turned out to be the best player from that draft.

Sorry do we have to give up pick 1 if someone else wants it? At their price?

No just saying have to be realistic, as someone else said these trades never happen as one party is always unrealistic

It kind of make sense to trade pick one only because in the last 20 drafts the number one pick has not turned out to be the best player from that draft.

Using that logic, no it does not.

Which pick did? If you are going to target pick 1's return, do the same for each pick that follows, and tell our recruiting Department the golden pick we should trade for.

No just saying have to be realistic, as someone else said these trades never happen as one party is always unrealistic

Um sure.

It'd be like West Coast asking for pick #3, a recent pick #5 KPF and another top 20 pick for Chris Judd. It's just unrealistic.

Using that logic, no it does not.

Which pick did? If you are going to target pick 1's return, do the same for each pick that follows, and tell our recruiting Department the golden pick we should trade for.

It only works if you get two early picks. Still an unknown but you increase your chances.

I am not in favour of trading at all especially for future picks. Who knows what is around the corner

IF we are open to trading 1 then I would prefer we look at getting 3 top 20 picks this year in exchange. I accept this is difficult to orchestrate (and there would need to be multiple trades involved) but it would be worth the effort. I would even look at swapping our second in 2022 for another pick this year in the low 20's this year.

That is, say we are able to swap 1 for 6, 12 and 16 (as an example).

Together with our pick 20 (and possible 21 for Froggy) that would give us a great hand to pick up quality across the board as this year the draft looks particularly deep through to the mid 20's.

I really like the look of Wanganeen and Draper from SA, Motlop and Amiss from WA.

Add one of Callaghan/Gibcus to that mix and we would have a massive influx of talent to work with.

Granted - we wont have JHF - but the spread of talent we get would be a great alternative than just downgrading pick 1 and bringing in a seasoned player to fill a need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back