List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean I got that’s what he meant but I couldn’t see what universe would be close to realistic
They perceive themselves as some type of Hell's Angels outlaw group when in fact they're the biggest bunch of nuffy supporters around. The typical "mum's basement" posters.

I'd feel more threatened by a singke cheese platter wielding GoDees MCC member than 1000 Richmond w***ers.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

They literally couldn't have less leverage apart from "he owes us." They need us to trade Robbie to protect their Chol pick and we can theoretically walk CCJ through to the pre-season draft. It's ok to be upset, its less ok to be deluded and/or stupid and its simply boring. Their coach didn't help on 360, maybe he should consult with the new Mrs Hardwick before making stupid inflammatory comments that will only hurt with this trade going through.

Exactly. It is amazing how little understanding of leverage and negotiation that the football media have. I wouldn't expect any more from the Tiger supporters.

I remember when I did my MBA we did a workshop on negotiation. The teacher, who had worked on global trade negotiations, introduced the concept of a BATNA - Best Alternative To A Negotiated Agreement. That's exactly what you have described. The PSD is an absolutely viable alternative for both North and CCJ. Free agency compensation is a viable alternative to trading for Taz.

The Tigers have almost zero levaerage.

I guess we really want to keep a good relationship then.
So important for our next trade in like 5 years.
I've never really understood the talk about ruining trade relations with other clubs, I think it is probably played up far more in the media than it really exists with the actual clubs, most of them would understand the business of it all. Realistically though to suggest Richmond getting less for CCJ than they perceive his worth, does that mean we are on a blacklist never to be traded with again?

There's three basic trades; 1. they want one of our players, 2. we want one of theirs and 3. an exchange of picks. If they're no longer trading with us, 1 is a bonus for us, one less club trying to take our talent, 2 we may miss a player if they refuse to trade, but they could then lose them for nothing to the PSD and 3 there's 16 other clubs to do business with if they won't. Point is, it just doesn't and won't happen, GC and Carl will trade this year if that is what works for them, likewise GWS and the Crows.

Exactly. It is amazing how little understanding of leverage and negotiation that the football media have. I wouldn't expect any more from the Tiger supporters.

I remember when I did my MBA we did a workshop on negotiation. The teacher, who had worked on global trade negotiations, introduced the concept of a BATNA - Best Alternative To A Negotiated Agreement. That's exactly what you have described. The PSD is an absolutely viable alternative for both North and CCJ. Free agency compensation is a viable alternative to trading for Taz.

The Tigers have almost zero levaerage.
I think we would accept taz for ccj straight swap as a trade.
38 for ccj and gaining 39 for taz as compo would effectively be the same thing.

All the talk of him "owing" them... the reason he was still on their list this year is they thought he was worth a spot. Perfect citizens get delisted every year if they aren't good enough and kebab fighters keep playing if their footy skills warrant it. Probably not a good idea to push it too often if you're on the edge, but clubs make the decisions for what is best for the club.. as you said he'd be empty handed as soon as that was what was best for Richmond, so he can't be begrudged looking after himself.
In an ideal world he would owe them big time and still walk to the PSD.

He's 22 , got the attributes - if the coaches think they can make something of him, its a no brainer.

They may not.

Yes hasn't had the chance to be a kpd at wc... def behind barass and jmac and fwd behind Allen Kennedy and darling..... but with a few of these leaving or close you would have thought..... certainly not a winger

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think we would accept taz for ccj straight swap as a trade.
38 for ccj and gaining 39 for taz as compo would effectively be the same thing.

I wouldn't do this, the Tigers need this for Chol compo. We already have CCJ thanks to the PSD (of which they would be in his manager's ear to stay still).

This trade is equivalent to the compo, and does not account for the fact we are helping the Tigers get their Chol compo.

No issue with good relations between teams but when you actively poach someone on another teams' leadership group, do you really have any respect for that club?

Not enough “rumours”
How about Jack Mahony to GC17 for their pick 19?

I wouldn't do this, the Tigers need this for Chol compo. We already have CCJ thanks to the PSD (of which they would be in his manager's ear to stay still).

This trade is equivalent to the compo, and does not account for the fact we are helping the Tigers get their Chol compo.

No issue with good relations between teams but when you actively poach someone on another teams' leadership group, do you really have any respect for that club?
It's strange when one club poaches a leader, one of the first picked when fit, who's been at his original club for 13 years for nothing, it's just good business, play on.

But going back the other way a club looks to take a young player. who's been on their list for four years and nine games, been told he's third in line for the ruck and about the same as KPF, not considered in their best 22, from their point of view only worth offering a two year deal to at 22 years of age, suddenly, they're "filthy" and will play hardball and we'd better pay up.

You don't think settling him one position could have a positive impact on his performances?

Back to Victoria, new coaches around him as well. Will be in his 5th year next year. And big men take time. Right?

For a low pick ot PSD. Why not?

That's reasonable logic but I don't see any player taken as a free hit. There's an opportunity cost to listing any player.

There'd have to be some huge untapped potential we're seeing in him to justify it. I don't. He can't be relied to hold a key spot a la Josh Walker and you don't generally list journeymen types (unless you're Scott or Laidley) to fill the flanks.

Eagles don't really have a cap, if they rated him they'd keep him. Pass.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tigers army will be after CCJ for years. Bank loans declined. Speeding tickets. Products scanned twice at the supermarket. His life will be made a living hell.
What they fail to understand is they're literally 18 months away from being a failed irrelevance for the better part of the next four decades.

Anywho, I think it's high time to get this baby rolling again:
A big "caressing the crack signal" to you, Tiges fans.

38 and Taz for CCJ in the first 4 minutes of Trade Aeon or one side is just posturing. Surely.

Not quite, they can slide something back for Taz at the same time.

Not even sure we want to fling #38 at them.

Melbourne played us like a fiddle over Brown last year. Hope we do the same with CCJ.

This was a pearler
Incoherent and borderline illiterate as it is, I still think he makes some valid points. I have it on good authority that whenever Lynch and Prestia return to the Gold Coast the Sun Army makes sure that the Hooters waitresses never lean even slightly forward when they serve them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back