List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually I can guess at a trade value and get close.
I have no idea what X is worth.
Fringe in a bottom four club does not say much towards value.
But his VFL form has been really good.
No Idea.

To us he's a required player and we shouldn't part with him for a pick over 40.

Id prefer to keep X, he's got that grunt that we like.
But I just cant see him playing AFL in our side.
Maybe as 2nd ruck alongside CCJ but thats like 2-3 years away.

Yes my friends and I called Tarrant this for the first 4-5 years of his career. In particular when he played forward and tried marking overhead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Probably because he wasnt able to lift his arms above his head due to his messed up shoulders the first few years

X is a rhyce Shaw best 22. All effort but lacks skill.

doubt we miss him going forward

If it's a good offer, happy to trade X. Nothing personal.

Goldy plays next year, potentially 2023
CJ plays next year, potentially 2023/2024 breakout
Edwards in the twos next year, samples senior footy 2023.

Comben can pinch hit, providing he stays on the park. Campbell can go around once more as depth.

I'd rather flip X, see what we can get. Use the pick to fill another need, like a CHB.

Life is good if you are an honest, hard-working ruckman.

You can stay on a list for years, not play many games and make a nice living for yourself. Usually when they're in their late 20s they get a couple of years of senior footy, some may even get to 100 games in a team with no ruck depth.

Andrew Phillips, Mark Pittonet, Brayden Preuss, John Ceglar, Darcy Cameron, Darcy Fort.

If we end up with 19 and 20, I'm all for packaging them up and seeing how high we can get. Would * give us 11? Thats Wanganeen-Milera/Sinn/Goater territory...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doubtful. The entire reason the deal exists is to be a salary dump for them. While I'm sure they must have multiple players earning significant overs I'm less sure they are players that A) Are interested in coming B) We want C) Gold Coast don't want
Didn't Will Brodie play junior footy with Jy? Fairly sure they were best mates growing up. I'm not sure he fills a list need for us but he was a high draft pick and I'm not sure he's in GS's long term plans.

Life is good if you are an honest, hard-working ruckman.

You can stay on a list for years, not play many games and make a nice living for yourself. Usually when they're in their late 20s they get a couple of years of senior footy, some may even get to 100 games in a team with no ruck depth.

Andrew Phillips, Mark Pittonet, Brayden Preuss, John Ceglar, Darcy Cameron, Darcy Fort.
Bit of a genetic lottery win.

Keep X. We need tall depth. Edwards won't be ready and what if CCJ or Goldstein get injured? 2023 Goldstein might not be playing then he will be competing with CCJ and Edwards for one of two spots. I don't think he will do much better on any other list in terms of opportunities.

Nothing to stop Tarrant going through the PSD.

No one else will pick him knowing he won’t play for them.

Surely Taz would want to look after the club that stuck by him through his injuries. I can't see him wanting to screw us over to get to the Tigers.

Nothing to stop Tarrant going through the PSD.

No one else will pick him knowing he won’t play for them.

Yeah not too concerned about that cos we’d just take CCJ in the psd then

Effectively still Taz for CCJ

It's a hard one. Seeing some of the things Xerri did in the VFL was quite astonishing, but then when he was brought up a level and mostly played outside of the ruck he was quite lacking. All the same his actual ruck craft was often reasonably good. I don't particularly want to lose him either but I have two thoughts at the back of my mind. Firstly I can't begrudge him wanting to leave after the recruiting of Edwards and CCJ, and secondly.... What are his suitors offering?

There are only so many ways to earn draft capital, and if someone desperate for a ruck comes knocking and pays overs due to him being both contracted and one of the last rucks potentially on the market... then we have to consider it. We've arguably held onto other players too long in the last decade, including when we were offered damn good compensation to trade them. More often than not it seems to end up a bust for us.
Well put. He’d be mad not to look ahead a few years and consider options.

Start with picks 1, 20, 40 & 72.

1. 2022 3rd pick to Gold Coast for DMac and pick 19.

2. Taz, pick 40 & 2022 4th pick to Richmond for CCJ and pick 47.

3. Picks 47 & 72 to St Kilda for their 2022 3rd pick.

4. Recruit Lynch to the playing / development coach role.

Go to the draft with picks 1, 19 & 20, drafting JHF, Wilmot & Bazzo.

Out: Garner, Tyson, Tarrant, Dumont & Atley. Rookies: Menadue, W Walker, Campbell & Ham.
In: DMac, CCJ, Lynch, JHF, Wilmot, Bazzo and Rookie pick 1.

Leave 1 list spot open for the mid-season draft next year.

I'd much rather have him on the list than Tom Campbell. As much as I love soups he's shown as much as he's ever going to show, and X has already passed him.

Xerri hasn’t passed Campbell. Campbell’s output was far better than Xerri at AFL level this year. Regardless of what any stats suggest, Campbell had more impact. Campbell has also been dominating at VFL level for years.

I would like to see Xerri for another year, but I wouldn’t be upset if he was moved on. To me he isn’t tall or big enough to be a sole ruckman and isn’t agile or athletic enough to be a forward. He could possibly be a 50/50 between both positions but right now I just don’t see it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Start with picks 1, 20, 40 & 72.

1. 2022 3rd pick to Gold Coast for DMac and pick 19.

2. Taz, pick 40 & 2022 4th pick to Richmond for CCJ and pick 47.

3. Picks 47 & 72 to St Kilda for their 2022 3rd pick.

4. Recruit Lynch to the playing / development coach role.

Go to the draft with picks 1, 19 & 20, drafting JHF, Wilmot & Bazzo.

Out: Garner, Tyson, Tarrant, Dumont & Atley. Rookies: Menadue, W Walker, Campbell & Ham.
In: DMac, CCJ, Lynch, JHF, Wilmot, Bazzo and Rookie pick 1.

Leave 1 list spot open for the mid-season draft next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back