List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy to think that melb has traded back into the 1st round this year and will probably find a way to do it again in 2022.
Very impressed with their list management every since they multiplied our 2019 first into multiple entries.

Depends on how many picks they're going to.
Just traded a bunch of later picks for an upgrade and 2022 first.
Probably looking to offload it to GC for some of the SA boys in 2022.
Yea, there must be a purpose to it.

Not sure we need to go to crazy this off season. I believe we have a lot of what we need personal wise already on the list. What we really need to be focused on is fitness improvements and player development which based on recent appointments seems to be getting addressed. We will add JHF, Pick 20, CCJ and a few other later picks. To get upset about missing out on pick 19 and a salary dump of a third rate player seems asinine. I trust the current team to make the right decision.

As much I don’t want to miss out on pick 19, I don’t want to pick up a player because of a ‘salary dump’ I want to get a player because we actually want him. We will move on from this and seek another way to add to our draft hand.

When I think of the NM Trading and List Management team, it reminds me of this wonderful song:

Del Amitri - Nothing Ever Happens (Official Video) - YouTube

I can just see Brady and the boys sitting around a campfire somewhere on a beach on the Gold Coast, listening to this song.

"How the F@rk did we miss out on that pick 19? I need another drink !"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much I don’t want to miss out on pick 19, I don’t want to pick up a player because of a ‘salary dump’ I want to get a player because we actually want him. We will move on from this and seek another way to add to our draft hand.
The last pieces of currency would seem to be a modest return for Tristan Xerri, and then assuming a trade eventuates for CCJ, hoping someone worthwhile drops into the PSD

When I think of the NM Trading and List Management team, it reminds me of this wonderful song:

I can just see Brady and the boys sitting around a campfire somewhere on a beach on the Gold Coast, listening to this song.

Best Job Ever. A whole year, a whole team and all you need to do is make the Einstein move of calling our JHF at number 1 and then some random from Twomey's list at 20. The rest of the time they can be fishing, drinking around the fire and trying out media quotes like "This has been a really active trade period for us but in the end nobody was offering the value we were looking for <stifled guffaw>".

Cows already said they are after Lukosius and Rankine

There has to be a point where obsessing over your own state's players puts you potentially at a disadvantage long term.

Really hope we don't offer dumont and atley contracts at the end of all of this.
As brutal as it is; if they're not gaining any interest form other clubs and nobody is even offering them anything in a depleted free agency year then maybe they're not good enough to be on our list either.
Its ok to let players go.
Just a shame because it adds to the long list of mid-late 20ys olds that have been let go over recent years that have no draft/trade capital.

From the reporting it seems that #19 was all but signed, sealed and delivered. Just needed the player to agree to an offer he couldn't refuse.

He refused.

The last pieces of currency would seem to be a modest return for Tristan Xerri, and then assuming a trade eventuates for CCJ, hoping someone worthwhile drops into the PSD
Hopefully we actually try to get a good trade with Xerri and it depends how desperate the Saints want him. I still think the CCJ trade will go through even though the tigers want way too much in return, maybe we are sorting out a complete player swap deal. I will go through when tarrants trade goes through.

Really hope we don't offer dumont and atley contracts at the end of all of this.
As brutal as it is; if they're not gaining any interest form other clubs and nobody is even offering them anything in a depleted free agency year then maybe they're not good enough to be on our list either.
Its ok to let players go.
Just a shame because it adds to the long list of mid-late 20ys olds that have been let go over recent years that have no draft/trade capital.

It just comes down to list spots. Dumont is well and truly worth a spot on the list though. Whether he is the long term option or not we'd be stupid to throw him away for nothing to pick 100 in the draft unless we really rate some secret kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back