Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
The reason the pies don’t have pick 2 this year is because they will match. They traded it thinking they’d be better. They’ve also already done media based upon Daicos nominating them in turn.
Also we’ve generally not been shy to nominate other clubs’ father sons, but always because we rated them whee we bid And would have been happy to draft them. If they think he is the best, they will do it again (unless some side deal is worked out first).

Anyhoo, why is all this chat in the trade thread, not the draft one? Mods?

The reason the pies don’t have pick 2 this year is because they will match. They traded it thinking they’d be better. They’ve also already done media based upon Daicos nominating them in turn.
They are also a delusional, disorganised s**t show. Sure they could be planning on taking Daicos but they might still * it up, or just not take him out of spite because they are stupid. They have alot of form for stupidity.

Personally I wouldn't nominate Daicos at one cos I don't think he is as good as Horney Frank. All i can go off is highlights but will Daicos be able to find that much space at AFL level?

Also - can he win his own ball, especially under pressure? Some of the loose hard ball that JHF won on the weekend in that final was incredibly good. He was so clean in very challenging conditions. Seems to me that Daicos needs someone like Horney Frank to win it then to supply him with the ball.

Unless the Pies don't match.
They're matching.

The club has signed Daicos for a four-year deal, which includes two for his standard first contract, which is not unusual for players who commit to clubs as draftees, with father-sons Joe Daniher (Essendon) and Nick Blakey (Sydney) others who have agreed to longer deals when nominating.

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No it is not. He should be as aware as anyone where he sits in the pecking order of the Draft. It has been stated time and time again, the most talented player in the draft is Daicos. Every club should pick the best available talent as they see it at their pick.

If he is going to get upset at not being picked first on merit, or wilt under the psychological arsenal from the SA clubs, then he will indeed struggle in the AFL.

If he is as good as everyone says, then any barbs thrown at him by SA clubs, will be laughed off as he burns them with his talent.
Im not sure you can split daicos and Horne to be completely fair

discodaddy

All Australian
Jun 13, 2011
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
There are no others
No it is not. He should be as aware as anyone where he sits in the pecking order of the Draft. It has been stated time and time again, the most talented player in the draft is Daicos. Every club should pick the best available talent as they see it at their pick.

If he is going to get upset at not being picked first on merit, or wilt under the psychological arsenal from the SA clubs, then he will indeed struggle in the AFL.

If he is as good as everyone says, then any barbs thrown at him by SA clubs, will be laughed off as he burns them with his talent.
Who we might pick and our bid for a priority pick are, or at least should be, intrinsinsictly linked. We need it publically known that we view Daicos to be the best player in the draft and that we intend to pick him.

Our conversations with the AFL should then go like this:
  • We are s**t
  • You gave the GC PPs and they've finished above us for the last two years.
  • We've held firm and never tanked, and this year we finished stone motherless last
  • Last place should entitle us to the best talent in land.
  • We rate Daicos as the best talent in the land but we can't access him - "What kind of shop are you clowns running here that prevents the worst performing club from getting the best talent in the land?"
  • You say that you stand for for an equalised system that balances out the advantages afforded to some clubs (big games, stadiums, acadamies etc).
  • You must apply that principle of equalisation if you are to be a credible and fair competition.
  • We'll take Pick 2 thanks.
We need to do this with a steely glare. Make them step up and do the right thing - don't let these pricks off the hook.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Who we might pick and our bid for a priority pick are, or at least should be, intrinsinsictly linked. We need it publically known that we view Daicos to be the best player in the draft and that we intend to pick him.

Our conversations with the AFL should then go like this:
  • We are sh*t
  • You gave the GC PPs and they've finished above us for the last two years.
  • We've held firm and never tanked, and this year we finished stone motherless last
  • Last place should entitle us to the best talent in land.
  • We rate Daicos as the best talent in the land but we can't access him - "What kind of shop are you clowns running here that prevents the worst performing club from getting the best talent in the land?"
  • You say that you stand for for an equalised system that balances out the advantages afforded to some clubs (big games, stadiums, acadamies etc).
  • You must apply that principle of equalisation if you are to be a credible and fair competition.
  • We'll take Pick 2 thanks.
We need to do this with a steely glare. Make them step up and do the right thing - don't let these pricks off the hook.
Add to that, last year, we came second last and one of the teams playing off in a GF this year, had a pick before ours..

Smoocher

Premiership Player
Feb 9, 2013
Sporting capital of the world
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Magpies
They are also a delusional, disorganised sh*t show. Sure they could be planning on taking Daicos but they might still fu** it up, or just not take him out of spite because they are stupid. They have alot of form for stupidity.

Personally I wouldn't nominate Daicos at one cos I don't think he is as good as Horney Frank. All i can go off is highlights but will Daicos be able to find that much space at AFL level?

Also - can he win his own ball, especially under pressure? Some of the loose hard ball that JHF won on the weekend in that final was incredibly good. He was so clean in very challenging conditions. Seems to me that Daicos needs someone like Horney Frank to win it then to supply him with the ball.

Nothing surer than Daicos being a gun. He has poise, balance, vision, the step and great skills. Reminds of Matt Larkin. He wasn’t blessed with speed but very rarely got tackled.

Will he be better than JHF only time will tell.
I’d pick JHF at one only because he wants it so badly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Smoocher

Premiership Player
Feb 9, 2013
Sporting capital of the world
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Magpies
Dumont?

I think Dawsons request has stitched him right up to be honest. Cant see him getting back to SA now.

Dumont is a plodding winger in the 18th placed team.His main attribute is that he defends hard, has reasonable skills and is a good clubman.

I can’t see why PA or the Crows would want him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
New one floating around the Richmond board…

Richmond get Pick 20
North get CCJ & Caddy (apparently we need goal kicking mids like Caddy)

🤣🤣🤣

Great deal … where do we sign

They’re throwing pick 15 in right.

Im not sure you can split daicos and Horne to be completely fair

Don’t worry Horne will split daicos in half 😛

Moti

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Doing a deal for the Pies No.1 2022 for this years 20 and some other pick swaps and an agreement on pick 1 is definitely a deal we could do. Not sure about the 2022 draft though and whether losing 20 would be a worse pick. Can't see the Pies not cracking the Top 10 in the draft next year if we do it.

Considering we have Edwards and potentially CCJ along with JHF, we might be able to go light this year if we were convinced the draft had decent talent next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back