List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the most part it was fine, the relocation stuff wasn’t flash

It's just lazy toothless posting. The cheapest shots are the easiest shots and most of them are either through a lack of education or a fear their time is coming to an end again. I don't remember when we were rattling tins for Richmond but I do remember a long time of them being a laughing stock.

They have a lot of decent folk though and I'm sure they're just as embarrassed by it.

You can. There was a handful of good players after durdin (miller, maynard, daniel, and dale prob the standouts (looking past academy picks)). We bid on Steele but GWS matched.

We needed talls because firrito and Thompson's time was coming to an end and we needed to address that issue.

You're basically ignoring the variables, playing with the benefit of hindsight and then just saying "nah...crap"
Have a read of 2016 after Simpkin.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

No you can’t that team was far from just needing a defence, there were other needs. to completely concentrate on a half back line for an entire draft was lunacy and to strike out on all three just added insult to injury. fu** me that was daft
Tarrant missed the entire 2014 season due to the leg injury that many thought could have forced him into retirement.
Firrito retired in 2016.
We had Joel Tippett...
Hansen retired in 2017.
Thompson was the only certainty and like Firrito he was defying the odds.

So we drafted in 2014 knowing in 3 years we could potentially be without any key defenders.

It's worth noting North didn't know where Durdin's best position was and Dyer earmarked him as a forward in 2016. We needed talls at both ends given waite and petrie's time was coming to and end too.

I'm not going to defend the watson or williams decision.

But legrille's logic is poor. It's like saying Comben was a sh*t pick and completely ignoring his injuries.
how is it poor ? To concentrate on one area of an entire draft was insane not to mention when the club needed a more rounded side. Can draft all Midfielders sure as they are prime movers but drafting three picks for half back players showed a complete lack of confidence in the previous picks and a lack of knowledge of the entire draft. Injuries aside none of them are on a list and ok the only one who might have been something was crueller by injuries but three goes for half backs with none left on the list is a massive failure, we weren’t a half back line away from a contender. Then the 2015 (McKay excluded) hell even the Garner and Simpkin drafts (larkey excluded) there is a ton of misses there . His drafting is a huge reason why we won a spoon, and his trade and fa nous wasn’t exactly up to par either.

how is it poor ? To concentrate on one area of an entire draft was insane not to mention when the club needed a more rounded side. Can draft all Midfielders sure as they are prime movers but drafting three picks for half back players showed a complete lack of confidence in the previous picks and a lack of knowledge of the entire draft. Injuries aside none of them are on a list and ok the only one who might have been something was crueller by injuries but three goes for half backs with none left on the list is a massive failure, we weren’t a half back line away from a contender. Then the 2015 (McKay excluded) hell even the Garner and Simpkin drafts (larkey excluded) there is a ton of misses there . His drafting is a huge reason why we won a spoon, and his trade and fa nous wasn’t exactly up to par either.

You and tagging people into wrong posts like I'm Jarrod Brander and techno is Josh Rotham.

Tarrant missed the entire 2014 season due to the leg injury that many thought could have forced him into retirement.
Firrito retired in 2016.
We had Joel Tippett...
Hansen retired in 2017.
Thompson was the only certainty and like Firrito he was defying the odds.

So we drafted in 2014 knowing in 3 years we could potentially be without any key defenders.

It's worth noting North didn't know where Durdin's best position was and Dyer earmarked him as a forward in 2016. We needed talls at both ends given waite and petrie's time was coming to and end too.
That’s fine but you still don’t sacrifice a whole draft for it, * if we didn’t know durdins best position then we were more ****ed than I thought

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s fine but you still don’t sacrifice a whole draft for it, fu** if we didn’t know durdins best position then we were more f’ed than I thought
Not really. It happens often with talls in the draft. Start them as forwards. If they can't make it move them back. We did the same with tarrant and mckay.
It certainly helped petrie find confidence again for a couple of seasons.

I can't help but laugh at Richmond fans. There's a couple of real nuffies on their trade board.

They genuinely believe that Robbie leaving is payback for CCJ, and that he took less to move.

Just absolute fantasy land stuff.

In their defence, Fathers days was fairly recent so its a pretty confusing time of the year for them!

You have to love the posters that are happy to sh*t on our Captain and happy to see him leave the club.

Not sh*tting on the captain purely making a point to not read too much into those stats when he is taking majority of the kick ins and also plenty of chips across the defensive 50. He had a good year no doubt about it

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pick 33 and a future 1st for Cerra?

Lol, Belly will laugh at the Dee's and Cerra.

This should be good.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hopefully Belly is telling Melbourne to find a top 10 pick or * off.

He should also be telling mumma's boy Cerra to start negotiating with clubs who are prepared to deal properly or he'll find himself in the PSD.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Pick 33 and a future 1st for Cerra?

Lol, Belly will laugh at the Dee's and Cerra.

This should be good.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Lol yep so pick 33 and likely a mid teens pick next year

hello PSD, keep that 1 free list spot ready after the national draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back