List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in short nail your draft picks at both the top, middle and latter sages, trade players in when close to contending and hope you get some luck through academies/father-son. Who would have thought.
I think it shows its as much about avoiding mistakes as it is about the decisions you get right.

Luck as always is significant.

We are at the stage where the key picks - Powell, Phillips, JHF and pick 20 2021 - need to work. The rest will follow after that.

I think it shows its as much about avoiding mistakes as it is about the decisions you get right.

We are at the stage where the key picks - Powell, Phillips, JHF and pick 20 2021 - need to work. The rest will follow after that.
Injury avoidance is something the club needs to work on.
Im not sure if its drafting players with injury risk.
or
Poor prep during season/pre season.
Most would put it in the luck category but i think we can improve in this facet.
We used to be good at it.

Like you say luck is very significant. Premierships are very hard to win. We can have all the pieces of the puzzle but you still need a fair bit of luck. In saying that you can also make your own luck with some good management . Lets hope we have both in the not to distant future.

How many list spots do we have available now; to be filled ?
4 out of contract (Let’s assume we keep 2, ham as a rookie and Dumont if no team takes him otherwise Atley survives, Campbell is cooked and gone the second we bring in CCJ if not earlier) Taz gone

we will have 6 spots to fill across national (Pick 1,20,38) and rookie drafts (pick 1,19)

we probably want to save a spot for PSD too so take off 1 spot

4 out of contract (Let’s assume we keep 2, ham as a rookie and Dumont if no team takes him otherwise Atley survives, Campbell is cooked and gone the second we bring in CCJ if not earlier) Taz gone

we will have 6 spots to fill across national (Pick 1,20,38) and rookie drafts (pick 1,19)

Any change to numbers for next year. Ie we have what 44, 36 main and 7 rookies and a b. Did we get ham by putting someone ie Perez on LTI?

Assuming remaining 4 all re-sign, we are down to 33 main and 5 rooks and a b. So 3 mains and a rook to fill? And 4 picks assuming leave 69 for the psd.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Any change to numbers for next year. Ie we have what 44, 36 main and 7 rookies and a b. Did we get ham by putting someone ie Perez on LTI?

Assuming remaining 4 all re-sign, we are down to 33 main and 5 rooks and a b. So 3 mains and a rook to fill? And 4 picks assuming leave 69 for the psd.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah I factored that in already
No changes to list numbers so we had 1 extra when we took an extra msd for an LTI

allowed 42 plus 2 cat b rookies

Tim O’Brien:

ED48A0BE-3BC0-4765-B6E1-745BD66D92EC.gif

Lewis Young:

28687265-0AA6-4392-9575-AA655CF75A2D.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very well explained.
Surely Ats does not survive on that math .

I think he has a chance to survive if Dumont goes
If Dumont re-signs then he is done
Yes prob about right .
I just don’t see what role or position he will play in our side next season .
I mean just take a look at our posters best 23 predictions for 2022 .
He does not even come close to being selected in these teams . Yes I realise it’s best case scenario best 23 team but he was already struggling to hold his place this season & ultimately was finally dropped / never to be seen again for the remainder of 2021 .
At his age , he is nothing but depth & a VFL player for us . Tom Campbell mentor role for our young kids . 👍

Yes prob about right .
I just don’t see what role or position he will play in our side next season .
I mean just take a look at our posters best 23 predictions for 2022 .
He does not even come close to being selected in these teams . Yes I realise it’s best case scenario best 23 team but he was already struggling to hold his place this season & ultimately was finally dropped / never to be seen again for the remainder of 2021 .
At his age , he is nothing but depth & a VFL player for us . Tom Campbell mentor role for our young kids . 👍
Yeah I think both Atley and Campbell should be delisted but hopefully stick around our vfl team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back