Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Anvil

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
On last nights form, you would take Durdin before Skinner, and by a country mile

Personally I would have liked us to keep Durdin on the list, might of happened if TC didn’t have a year to go on his.

Annoys me that we are looking at key backs at pick 20 when this problem could have already been addressed and we could be looking at dangerous players with pace.

The bloke had a crisis in confidence, not a lack of skill, this potentially would have resolved with opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Feb 26, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Personally I would have liked us to keep Durdin on the list, might of happened if TC didn’t have a year to go on his.

Annoys me that we are looking at key backs at pick 20 when this problem could have already been addressed and we could be looking at dangerous players with pace.

The bloke had a crisis in confidence, not a lack of skill, this potentially would have resolved with opportunity.

If we rated him and wanted him back I am sure a late pick Or rookie draft pick would suffice. Maybe a year at the lower level was exactly what he needed. Personally I think he had chances and we now move on.

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
South got belted in the midfield for the most part. Durdin was good but he didn't exactly have a lot of pressure situations to deal with.

Yes they weren't tempted to pull JHF back into the midfield to assist?

Apr 3, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How safe is Charlie Ham? I am all for giving a kid a red hot go, but is his spot on the list too valuable?

at the moment we have 5 free spots
with decisions to be made on Atley, Dumont, Campbell and Ham

You would guess if CCJ comes in Campbell is gone :(

we need 1 spot for PSD
we need 1 spot for MSD

so as it stands (unless I am mistaken) we only have 3 picks in the ND and RD unless Atley, Dumont or Ham are not on our list

justroyal

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How safe is Charlie Ham? I am all for giving a kid a red hot go, but is his spot on the list too valuable?

we need 1 spot for PSD
we need 1 spot for MSD

so as it stands (unless I am mistaken) we only have 3 picks in the ND and RD unless Atley, Dumont or Ham are not on our list

I’m a bit tough on giving medium HBF extended goes after how much we’ve been burnt by them and our in ability to develop them. Even though he was a mid year prospect I wouldn’t care

we need 1 spot for PSD
we need 1 spot for MSD

I’d keep him over Atley

Also hopefully someone takes Polec off us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

justroyal

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The 185 cm + big bodied mids are really showing their worth in this game.
I think we’re Looking a little Brisbane small with Phillips, Powell, Jed.

How would Zuurhar fair one on one against Oliver in a contest?

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
The 185 cm + big bodied mids are really showing their worth in this game.
I think we’re Looking a little Brisbane small with Phillips, Powell, Jed.

How would Zuurhar fair one on one against Oliver in a contest?

TT and LDU are big enough - Libba and viney aren’t big and rd I have a big say on games

Do you think LDU and TT can hold their own against Bont, Oliver, Petracca, Fyfe?
So far all I’ve got is Cunnington
Only two of those play in the same team.

justroyal

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ahhh height in the midfield

The most overrated attribute there is

not height per say, but being that bigger 90kg + mid. It’s whole different point of difference when you have a one or two of those around.

That’s why I’m asking if we have anyone that has the potential to get to those petracca, wines numbers. Seeing Oliver move from a congestion with two bulldogs hanging off him and getting boot to ball with crazy

Apr 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Bit of a reminder about why CCJ is on our radar as a ruckman.

Melbourne slaughtered the Dogs out of the middle.

Unfortunately, Goldy is nearing the end and we need to ensure we have someone ready to go when we're contending.

Jul 27, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Melbourne winning the flag shows that it’s just an exercise in mining the draft and just turning your list over until you’ve got enough first round picks and some great bit players around the edges.

look at the most recent premiership sides and those that are competing now

richmonds core players are all high end draft picks - Martin (3) Cotchin (2) Prestia (9) Riewoldt (13) Rioli (15) lynch (11) caddy (7)

dogs - bont (4) mcrae (5) smith (7) treloar (prelisted) naughton (9) schache (2) weightmann (15) English (19) plus a few good father sons

dees - petracca (2) brayshaw (3) lever (14) Salem (9) may (prelisted) Oliver (4) Pickett (12) viney f/s Jackson (3)

we just need to keep stockpiling and adding to our midfield depth with the best picks we can then add the extra pieces when they come our way. Hit the draft for 2 more years, keep turning it over cleaning out those that don’t make it and build that core

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back