List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Campbell getting nervous by the day, although I think he knows.

Probably all the guys that aren’t signed yet might be in trouble.

Don’t like that we are wasting a list spot on a guy not in our future plans.
How much are our coaches on that we can’t fit lynch in the soft cap.

Bit of a reminder about why CCJ is on our radar as a ruckman.

Melbourne slaughtered the Dogs out of the middle.

Unfortunately, Goldy is nearing the end and we need to ensure we have someone ready to go when we're contending.

Yes, the winning move was Jackson into the ruck in third quarter. That kid is a freak, and the Dees have a good forward-ruck on their list with him ...

Yes, the winning move was Jackson into the ruck in third quarter. That kid is a freak, and the Dees have a good forward-ruck on their list with him ...

Said it during the game, vindicates our direction to develop forward/rucks as our primary direction moving forward. This is helped by not having Brown just quietly

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Absolutely it was.

Gawn was exhausted and when the kid went into the ruck they kicked 3 goals in red time which gave them huge momentum in the last and also gave Max a rest.

The kid won the National Champs game for WA in U18’s when the game was in the balance and he did the same for the Dees yesterday.

Hence why I was son bullish on him in his draft year - he thrives in the moment..

I don't think it matters if we hold on to a few players that might not be around in a year or two. We brought in Edwards in the MSD this year and will add CCJ, those are two good ruck/forward options. We should also end up with JHF and hopefully retain pick 20 which will give us another good prospect.

We just need to make the quality picks/acquisitions stick, we are going to make 3 or 4 changes a year, we need to have some scope to make those changes have a big impact to our squad.

At the end of the day, we need some of our players to end up as big ticket players, particularly through the midfield. Our Scott-era rebuild we just had Cunners and relied too much on previous generations.

We are in a better position, but we have to push the current group, they can't be allowed to plateau into inconsistent B grade players with massive exploitable holes in their game.

Amazing how much difference one guy makes. Also amazing that 17 other professional clubs can't replicate his program. High Performance is a loose term.
It's hard to compete against someone that has been at the highest level for over 15 years now. 2 AFL teams, national club, and two of the best sporting teams in the world (arsenal and liverpool). The resources you'd have at your disposal + working with other world class trainers in a collaborative sense.

A lot of people get to an AFL environment and settle in and just stick with what they know. Burgess is the type that stays up to date with the research, adapts and ties it in with his experience. Others are just replicating what they learnt from university textbooks.

He'd cost a club a pretty penny but it's worth it. You get what you pay for. We went the cost cutting approach with Segal and younger more inexperienced trainers and it showed.

I've seen Lynch play as an intercept marking defender at least once. Good hands, good motor, smart reader of the play. We're picking up a decent stop gap who will add coaching support. We are giving up very little for this guy. I reckon it's a shrewd play. Could have used him this year playing forward and of course wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've seen Lynch play as an intercept marking defender at least once. Good hands, good motor, smart reader of the play. We're picking up a decent stop gap who will add coaching support. We are giving up very little for this guy. I reckon it's a shrewd play. Could have used him this year playing forward and of course wing.

Got to play Ford , Taylor and our plethora of mids before lynch

Yep. Said it in 2019 that Burgess was a huge acquisition for them. It's definitely paid off and Petracca has gone to new levels every year. He made Port incredibly fit and durable before that.

I'm so glad we've decided to take it seriously again because it makes a huge difference
Anyone who can transform Clayton Oliver from this is worth his weight in gold
84d62db65714af24725e28d9a5928c0e.jpg

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Also, I know he is a flog but how is Stringer for Schache any sort of win? (Apart from getting rid of Stringer.)
I’m not really clear what you are saying here ferbs, but I’ll give it my best:

Well for starters Stringer was pretty handy in their first flag in 60 odd years……he turned out to be difficult to manage because he’s a massive tool but he could/can play.

Last edited:
Got to play Ford , Taylor and our plethora of mids before lynch

Short sighted. He can play any line and could be a Mr fix it. He's there to provide support and enable those guys to develop by playing alongside them in VFL or playing the seniors and giving them a big body and link up in the field of play. Plug him in where needed. No one is going develop in a team that's losing every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back