List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think the result of that deal means we need to hold onto pick 40 as there arnt looking like any other options to pick up extra picks. Give Richmond pick 70 or tell them fu** off
The pies will most likely live trade pick 22 on draft night when the Daicos bid comes in.
It will get eaten by the bid otherwise.

Damn. Would’ve loved 19.
It's a shame not to get it, but it is another indicator that we are putting set values and limits on all our negotiations and we aren't being pushed into anything that goes beyond that. Shame to miss out in the short term, but a great sign of a much better and responsible big picture view.

Glad we avoided taking on some dogshit Suns reject just for a draft pick.

If it was a single digits pick, alright, let's talk.

Tas nailed this one. Wish there was a way we could've paid him, got the pick but left him the hell up there.

I reckon there was a mutual disinterest on this one. Brady probably gave it away when he started looking through his phone during the pitch then remembered it was a Zoom call.

Dunstan makes sense as inside mid depth for the Dees but I don't get why Dunstan himself would agree to it. He's not getting into that midfield unless there's injuries. I thought the problem he had at the Saints was that he wanted to play?
Thought its also because the saints treated him like dog crap

Assuming with all trade targets for lower picks now gone and those that need them have got them, that the Tigers have more picks this year than they have spots to fill them with?

In this case, they may as well give us CCJ for free and we'll throw in Tarrant for a 3rd rounder (to help them out).

Would have been nice to get 19. But there's still live trading at the draft even if no moves are made during the trade period. I'm sure if the board fell a certain way and there was someone else we liked we could offer future picks to get another pick around the 20 mark or wherever required.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

disagree... we're rebuilding. Our salary cap is our currency, of which we have plenty, and draft picks is what we need. Don't have to play him if you really don't want to.

Great for the culture of the rebuilding team.

Oh don't worry about Darcy guys, he's just quietly sticking away more than you're on Tommy Powell, but that's how it goes these days.

As I said, if it was to get a top 10 pick, OK, but pick 19 isn't that great.

Deledio was not the reward for the priority pick - it was Tambling.
Deledio would have still ended up at Richmond if they didn't have the priority pick.

You can still play it out through.
2010 - Tambling was traded for
End of 1st Round Compensation (can be used in any draft before 2014)
Pick #51 - Dean MacDonald

2011 - End of 1st Round Compensation was traded for
Pick #26 - Todd Elton
Compensation 2nd Round - Kamdyn McIntosh
Yeah, fair point, pick 1 (Deledio) was technically the PP and Tambling was their first normal pick at 4, but without PPs, that pick 4 becomes 1 and they use that to take Deledio anyway.

Broader point is the PP gives them multiple bites of the cherry (which to be fair if you're taking Tambling ahead of Franklin, you need as many bites as you can get!) more draft capital, more talent and assets to trade etc. And as you point out, which ever way you look at it, they are still benefitting from it 17 years later!

Are St Kilda just along for the ride with this one?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I know the NGA bids etc but lol'd at what you said.

It did appear every other club walked away with a hot girl's phone number and saints went home with their dick in their hand.

I know the NGA bids etc but lol'd at what you said.

It did appear every other club walked away with a hot girl's phone number and saints went home with their dick in their hand.

No mate, they got her little sister's number.

So what happens if tarrant doesn't get lodged for free agency but then we can't get a suitable trade deal from Richmond for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back