List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear J Blakey,
You and junior upset us a few years ago, by turning your backs on us…the bitterness continues to linger.
However if you can weave your magic and snag Dawson, consider the debt
PAID IN FULL.

U Roo

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ok we got Kangayroo working on the Robe massive.

ubes on the Blakey’s

who’s getting into the clubs ear

But there also are body development arguments sure stick figures generally wont play but it does afford the bodies to be a bit better seasoned to deal with pro sport, even in a training environment
21 is an adult in the US. I suspect that is why the US sports are able to run a little differently.
I like the idea of the ruck list. Most mids are capable of games at 18. Rucks take time.

21 is an adult in the US. I suspect that is why the US sports are able to run a little differently.
I like the idea of the ruck list. Most 18 year old mids are capable of games at 18. Rucks take time.
I think you could have like a redshirt system regardless of players you can stick an underdeveloped player ruck, kpp even a lightly built mid in the spot, they don’t count on the list and cannot play AFL until they are promoted (only if a team has the spot available) effectively a return to the old rookie list rules but it can only be used for one player per season

I think you could have like a redshirt system regardless of players you can stick an underdeveloped player ruck, kpp even a lightly built mid in the spot, they don’t count on the list and cannot play AFL until they are promoted (only if a team has the spot available) effectively a return to the old rookie list rules but it can only be used for one player per season
It would probably happen during the supplementary selection period.
If clubs are willing to take random tall skinny guys on normal contracts they should get the chance first.

It would probably happen during the supplementary selection period.
If clubs are willing to take random tall skinny guys on normal contracts they should get the chance first.
I’m thinking in terms of a list management mechanism as opposed to a draft system.

say we have Jacob Edwards on the list but he isnot physically ready, we can assign him to that spot freeing up a main list spot

I know you're being facectious but STFU. It's a ******* stressful time.
Completely tongue in cheek, as per my later posts, completed don’t believe that.

I remember the stress, wouldn’t wish it on anyone

whether we should have traded our second pick is really not relevant, we though should never have said we wouldn't.
If we had been willing to do so from day 1, just maybe we could have left Tarrant go as a FA and that together with our asking for a PP may just have worked for us. But alas we will never know.

Also if you think we paid overs sometimes you can garner support for other things later on, it people isn't rare. A bit like Labor Party branch stacking if you like. Not saying it happened but heck it reeks of it.

I'm not sure raising the draft age makes any sense. It is currently timed to coincide with the end of high school. You could end up with a situation where guys have enrolled in university and may be forced to switch unis after a year.
I was talking to one of Rhett Bazzo's teachers on the weekend. Said Rhett had been doing the bare minimum of schooling for the past couple of years, just concentrating on his footy.

Not sure the "swapping unis" thing will be all that relevant, IMO.

I’m thinking in terms of a list management mechanism as opposed to a draft system.

say we have Jacob Edwards on the list but he isnot physically ready, we can assign him to that spot freeing up a main list spot
I think the major problem is the lists are very small right now.
42 players for an AFL + a VFL team is ridiculous.
Its very hard for teams in our position to rebuild because we don't have the list spots.
If the AFL was to push to 50 on a list most of these issues disappear.

Kangayroo got any contacts here?
BabyishDeliciousDormouse-size_restricted.gif

Kangayroo you're up.
Ok we got Kangayroo working on the Robe massive.

ubes on the Blakey’s

who’s getting into the clubs ear
On it. It’s gonna be a tough one though. His girlfriend’s family are from here too, however I’ll do whatever it takes, even if it means getting ‘bent over’, so to speak.
I’m in his ear, his face and, occasionally, his bathroom window.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On it. It’s gonna be a tough one though. His girlfriend’s family are from here too, however I’ll do whatever it takes, even if it means getting ‘bent over’, so to speak.
Dude the required effort, you’re a real one

Im not sure the AFL could tell an 18 year old adult they cant apply for a job.
Seems ageist to me.
my 2c.
The AFL dictates a smorgasbord of rules re player employment that would be shot down in flames if ever challenged in court.

Like I said I’m not huge on the guy by any stretch but I think if there was a throwaway pick and the wage worked out there could be a 2nd or 3rd tall defensive depth spot for him.

We do need to re jig now Taz left (his SM video broke my heart).

I didn’t want him this time last week but we are thin in tall defenders. I know he likes fwd more but perhaps develop as a pinch hitter and bring a bit of versatility to the tall corps, I guess I can deal with that, not that I matter

not ideal but I guess it’s something
I'd prefer to bring in skinner on that basis as a key defender....gone well in the sanfl (JHF's team mate)

The AFL dictates a smorgasbord of rules re player employment that would be shot down in flames if ever challenged in court.
Imagine if the AFL told us we couldn't draft Horne until next year.
We would sue hard and we would win.
So would Horne probably.
If they bought this rule in it would effectively rule out a whole draft class.

I disagree, with their AFLPA collective bargaining, unless something specifically violates a law, or award and is unreasonable then it will likely be okay.

I haven’t seen Dean but we had a long look at skinner and passed so there’s got to be a red flag there
Dunno about a red flag,,,,he wouldn't have even had the opportunity to train if there was.....He was being trialled for a key forward role with BBB departure. He's converted to a key defender in the SANFL (JHF team mate) and by all reports gone very well. My Lions mates really liked him and were hoping we gave him another crack. Obviously has had time in the AFL system, still young, and worth another crack in a different role with Taz departing.

I like the idea of the ruck list. Most mids are capable of games at 18. Rucks take time.

I'd suggest a huge business in College sport would help explain why it runs a little differently.

Run them out of town and towards Melbourne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back