List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Another McPherson.

I don't give a rats tossbag about Hawthorn but this just pisses me off, much like what happened with Mcpherson. At least With GC it was just the one player, Mitchell on the other hand tried to force a half dozen out. I hope it bites him on the arse, at minimum it's an awful look.

Pleased we played hard ball when it came to X. I think he has plenty to offer.

Head scratching that we were not similarly firm when it came to CCJ. Pleased we got him but feel we could've made a better job of the deal.

But them's the breaks.

Ultimately we're going into 2022 with CCJ and likely JHF. Without even considering existing players, we're ahead of most of clubs when it comes to improvement potential.

At least that one made sense as Breust is best 22

but Macpherson is not getting games

Still can’t believe he chose not to come on the 2 year deal
Could very easily be delisted next year at suns

MacPherson won... they've already said they're going to extend his contract.

Head scratching that we were not similarly firm when it came to CCJ. Pleased we got him but feel we could've made a better job of the deal.

But them's the breaks.

Ultimately we're going into 2022 with CCJ and likely JHF. Without even considering existing players, we're ahead of most of clubs when it comes to improvement potential.
Maybe they thought all clubs were willing to deal future 2nd rounders for ruck/forwards so.played hard ball thinking they would fold like we did.... except we were the only ones that allowed ourselves to get walked over when we had a ton of leverage in the deal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North Melbourne

Who arrived: Callum Coleman-Jones
Who left: Robbie Tarrant
2021 NAB AFL Draft picks: 1, 20, 42, 47, 72, 77
Future picks: North Melbourne lost a future second-round pick to Richmond in a deal to land Coleman-Jones, but it secured a future fourth-round selection as part of the same trade.

We say: North Melbourne opted to trade for Coleman-Jones, despite the threat of walking him to the pre-season draft. Tarrant had already accepted a two-year deal with Richmond and was included in the deal, which also saw a future second-rounder and pick No.40 head to Punt Road and picks No.42, 47 and a future fourth-round selection move to Arden Street. The club expects both of those picks in the 40s to move up higher on draft night, due to Collingwood and the Western Bulldogs – who occupy every selection in between – having to match bids on father-son prospects Nick Daicos and Sam Darcy respectively. The contracted Tristan Xerri requested a trade to St Kilda, but a deal couldn't be negotiated after North Melbourne demanded a future second-round selection be involved in the deal. - by Riley Beveridge

But them's the breaks.

Almost got dawson to the roos for free.
If brady and Co got wind of it possibly happening I think they would have rushed the Tigers deal through which is what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back