List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Another article being fed by the Richmond football club aka “rival list managers”. They’re genuinely trying to use the media to influence this.

I’m happy for us to stay silent on it, as long as we bend them over at the trade table. This posturing is making it a lot easier to justify us not using any lube.

Another article being fed by the Richmond football club aka “rival list managers”. They’re genuinely trying to use the media to influence this.

I’m happy for us to stay silent on it, as long as we bend them over at the trade table. This posturing is making it a lot easier to justify us not using any lube.
IN - THE - ARSE!

They are clearly not happy with whats on offer.
Oh to be a fly on the wall.

Lol Richmond. Is this the first time someone has asked to leave? Their feelings must be hurt…

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lol Richmond. Is this the first time someone has asked to leave? Their feelings must be hurt…

It might be... aren't they used to players taking less money than they could elsewhere "just to be part of the successful era" ie Bolton and Rioli.... prob now is trying to convince not on way back dien

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

All fine though when the likes of Prestia and Lynch wanted to leave Gold Coast.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Or when they poach someone from our leadership group…

Instead of “North are expected to play hardball with the PSD as leverage as they wanted to retain Robbie Tarrant & are not happy about his decision to go to Richmond”…

It’s “Let’s ignore the leverage, North the minnow club will get bullied into a trade that benefits Richmond”

Look forward to their reaction then when they get nothing for him
Its going to be interesting.
I think the tigers are throwing these stories up so they dont look like muppets when they get nothing (or close to it).
I wonder how long our blokes will stick with media silence.
It will be interesting to see if any of our blokes do interviews.
Im guessing we wont.

Or when they poach someone from our leadership group…

Instead of “North are expected to play hardball with the PSD as leverage as they wanted to retain Robbie Tarrant & are not happy about his decision to go to Richmond”…

It’s “Let’s ignore the leverage, North the minnow club will get bullied into a trade that benefits Richmond”
It's such lazy journalism, they get fed the hardball line and just run it, the most basic logic says it makes no sense. I know the official line is CCJ doesn't want to go to the PSD and leave them empty handed, but even if that's true (who knows?) is he really expected to stick with that and leave about a million dollars on the table and just meekly re-sign with Richmond if no deal is done?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's such lazy journalism, they get fed the hardball line and just run it, the most basic logic says it makes no sense. I know the official line is CCJ doesn't want to go to the PSD and leave them empty handed, but even if that's true (who knows?) is he really expected to stick with that and leave about a million dollars on the table and just meekly re-sign with Richmond if no deal is done?

His manager would be telling him to look after number one - Richmond won’t care to leave you empty handed when it suits them.

As you said, just journo spin to get clicks.

Bad journalism. May have read wrong but from what I read of Coleman Jones snippet was just a recap of Richmond playing hardball.

His manager would be telling him to look after number one - Richmond won’t care to leave you empty handed when it suits them.

As you said, just journo spin to get clicks.

All the talk of him "owing" them... the reason he was still on their list this year is they thought he was worth a spot. Perfect citizens get delisted every year if they aren't good enough and kebab fighters keep playing if their footy skills warrant it. Probably not a good idea to push it too often if you're on the edge, but clubs make the decisions for what is best for the club.. as you said he'd be empty handed as soon as that was what was best for Richmond, so he can't be begrudged looking after himself.

Marchbank & Plowman are both terrible defenders. Within 2 years both will be added to the huge list of ex GWS players that have destroyed their careers by getting traded to Carlton.

Marchbank is also injury prone, so the dice says no.

Rooboy 96 everyone has taken over the dice

Bit unfair on Marchbank (notwithstanding his injuries)

If you do one of those Footywire comparisons with either Corr, Walker or Ben McKay he shades all of them.
He’s better than Plowman and is a handy interceptor. As I said, a potential cheap depth option if fit, not that we should go out of our way to get him.

He’s better than Plowman and is a handy interceptor. As I said, a potential cheap depth option if fit, not that we should get him.

Yep. Agree. Also I wasn’t advocating we go after him but the shitting on oppo players around here gets a tad disingenuous and lazy

Wasn't totally keen on Brander earlier but wouldn't mind him for a later pick downgrade or F3rd pick. WC seem to be pushing him out.

23 at the start of next year and 195cm, would be a good foil for Corr and McKay. Need to settle him in one position. Brady drafted I think so hope we consider him.

Low risk, high reward type play. Another from the '17 draft.

Wasn't totally keen on Brander earlier but wouldn't mind him for a later pick downgrade or F3rd pick. WC seem to be pushing him out.

23 at the start of next year and 195cm, would be a good foil for Corr and McKay. Need to settle him in one position. Brady drafted I think so hope we consider him.

Low risk, high reward type play. Another from the '17 draft.
I wouldn't be surprised if we pick him up as a delisted free agent or a token low pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back