List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumour floating around we offered our future first, 20 and other future pick swaps for GWS' pick 2 and other picks, but they have rejected it thus far. Might be some truth to it if we know we are getting a PP and think we can improve a bit on this year, but I think it is all very unlikely.
I would love to get pick 2 but there's nothing official.
Gonna cost us a lot to get the job done too.
Future first and Goldy is what I have read. Source has a 50/50 strike rate
If we see Callaghan as a genuine top 3 talent in any draft and the perfect player to complement our list then I'm all in on doing something like this. Even if we finish last next year, we're only going backwards 1-2 spots, and we've got a year of development into 2 genuinely elite prospects.

Having a cluster of talent within 5 or so years of each other is key, and Jy will be 24 next year.

But would you do it? Our first pick next year is likely to be pretty early. The person who I got it from was saying that Billings was coming to North so…. don’t give it much thought
Our future pick for 2 would be in our favour.
We wont be as bad next year.
But the major loss would be Goldy leaving early.
When we have like 5 young rucks on the list that could be learning from him.
He is elite in a position we are developing players in. He is needed IMO.

Only if Goldy wanted to go. Not just "will do what's best for the club" but if he genuinely wanted to move there (which I wouldn't hold against him). I'm guessing they would offer him some damn good coin, and who knows it might also lead to coaching opportunities. It seems to be a pretty big trend these days for players to move clubs in the twilight of their careers for that reason.

It would certainly be one method of ensuring CCJ got the game time we promised him at any rate (personally I love the idea of him and Xerri trying to one up eachother and claim the spot).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Peter Ladhams been spotted touring Arden Street - covert style yet?..

It's highly unlikely, almost laughable, that Goldy moves interstate this year. He's got four kids and only one with his current wife. Considering the issues he had with hub life he won't go far from his little ones and you can hardly pack up two families to go with you.

It's highly unlikely, almost laughable, that Goldy moves interstate this year. He's got four kids and only one with his current wife. Considering the issues he had with hub life he won't go far from his little ones and you can hardly pack up two families to go with you.
It is laughable, unless he said he wants out but from his attitude this year and his leadership on camera.. I am almost certain he stays and that is not even considering his family situation

Has Peter Ladhams been spotted touring Arden Street - covert style yet?..

CCP would’ve though. I’m not trying to be an ITK type, I’m just repeating a rumour that has been doing the rounds. Like I wrote earlier the person had Billings as a lock to North so it’s probably not worth spending much time thinking about.

Again there’s a better chance of me growing hair

You have SOS on trade garbage right now saying what everyone knows.. you need experienced leaders. sure we will phase them out over the next few years. but lets just fu** em all off now has zero merit whatsoever

Oh got ya I thought you were saying rubbish to the notion that trading Goldy would anchor us to the bottom of the table.I think I misread the post you replied to

I agree, I’d keep goldy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back