List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Froggy and think he has been good over the years.
But I’d say he was best 22 rather than is best 22.
His spot is up for grabs, pressure is on for him to keep it.
He’s the incumbent, others need to displace him

Gotta love the pies , they trade out Treloar then they want to trade in Lipinski who can’t get a game at the dogs because his spot is taken by Treloar .
Indeed. If the pies have to pay Lipinski plus $300k of Treloar’s salary next year… does that roughly equal what they were paying Treloar in the first place?

Let’s think logically.

If he was best 22, why would he not have a contract offer now?

If he was a promising player, why is no one interested even when he costs nothing?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think there is an attitude to get quality you need to give quality, and perhaps the club felt parting with a player might get some value now, as opposed to when he’s clapped out later in his career. I see him around a 19-22 player on the list if I was picking the side right now, I do expect players to develop past him in a reasonably short timeline but to that end Id not lose a second of sleep if he was still on the list. Particularly if when injuries or form drops.
I think unless we get a good pick via fa I don’t think there’s any other options for his spot in the squad

Maybe part of it might be dumont wanting to move

Last edited:
Cooper harvey could take our first pick next year so might be worth trading out if there's a good deal.
Few free agents that we wouldn't have to spend picks on either.
Poor old Cooper hasnt played much in the last few years.
I was hoping to watch him play a bit this year.
Is he top 20 material?

Again Dumont is best 22, and who do you intend on filling the list spot with

Best 22 in a team that finished last.

Players like Dumont wouldn’t make it into 16 other clubs best 22.

Until we weed these players out we ain’t moving up the ladder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor old Cooper hasnt played much in the last few years.
I was hoping to watch him play a bit this year.
Is he top 20 material?
I doubt it judging by some of the write-ups.

Thats what you retain the pick for. Trading for a proven gun.
Its always a guess with juniors.
I just think with the quality of players we've got coming through and our best 22 somewhat set that we can afford to spend a year with limited draft picks.
Really isnt anymore of the dead weight players that need to go next year either.
We'd most likely be taking 3-4 max in the draft unless something drastic happens.
Throw our hat in the ring for some free agents too.

I just think with the quality of players we've got coming through and our best 22 somewhat set that we can afford to spend a year with limited draft picks.
Really isnt anymore of the dead weight players that need to go next year either.
We'd most likely be taking 3-4 max in the draft unless something drastic happens.
Throw our hat in the ring for some free agents too.
It just feels to me like it would be following the Carlton path.
Getting ahead of ourselves. Going to early.

Last edited:
Best 22 in a team that finished last.

Players like Dumont wouldn’t make it into 16 other clubs best 22.

Until we weed these players out we ain’t moving up the ladder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But you don’t move up the ladder by giving players no bar to exceed , see Melbourne rebuild mark 1

I would still be wanting a list spot in case of injures etc for Mid Season or to pick up a DFA late
I don’t see many clubs picking deep this year

3 top 20 picks last year transferred Sydney overnight. With our new training ethic, a full preason working on our corridor game style and a season with limited injuries will improve us immediately.

We’ve already picked up Edwards (touted top 20) and getting Horne, Callahan and Dudley in one block could be the fuel tanks we require to launch our space shuttle.

I’m a risk it to get the biscuit kinda guy, so if an offer came in for pick 2 and we had to lose an ageing player with a future first then I would be all in.

3 top 20 picks last year transferred Sydney overnight. With our new training ethic, a full preason working on our corridor game style and a season with limited injuries will improve us immediately.

We’ve already picked up Edwards (touted top 20) and getting Horne, Callahan and Dudley in one block could be the fuel tanks we require to launch our space shuttle.

I’m a risk it to get the biscuit kinda guy, so if an offer came in for pick 2 and we had to lose an ageing player with a future first then I would be all in.
fair enough.
I must be getting more conservative in my old age.
The way i look at it 20 is pretty much a first round pick.
Im greedy I suppose, I want the extra player!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back