List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I don't know if he is worth it or not, but I hope we get CCJ so as to give Caro the witch yet another reason to hate us.

She is all up and about that he should decide to leave the tigers after everything they did for him last year when he and Stack (I think) broke the hub rules in Queensland.

She seems to think he should stick around irrespective of whether he gets a game or not. If he does come to us I hope she gets her blood pressure checked. Angry woman that she is.

Last edited:
They had offered five years to Callum Coleman-Jones, who has preferred North Melbourne

By the way, this thing they call the Trade period, when does it start and finish and for that matter has the date of the National Draft been set yet?

I search endlessly for these dates and nothing ever appears. Probably not searching in the right places I suppose. :(

Well I don't know if he is worth it or not, but I hope we get CCJ so as to give Caro the witch yet another reason to hate us.

She is all up and about that he should decide to leave the tigers after everything they did for him last year when he and Stack (I think) broke the hub rules in Queensland last year.

She seems to think he should stick around irrespective of whether he gets a game or not. If he does come to us I hope she gets her blood pressure checked. Angry woman that she is.
right, so young blokes who goof up are sold into slavery at their current club. Got it. Imagine the number of blokes who'd be wearing shackles on their ankles if that principle were applied retrospectively

I don’t think Brown is the difference in them winning the GF by any stretch but he is one of the luckiest players with the trade. It’s unheard of to have a trade straight into a GF.

I still don’t think he would have fit well in our team under Noble anyways
Treloar has also been traded straight into a grand final so perhaps it is not unheard of

I don't see the Ben Brown trade as bad. In fact, it looks like a win for North, a win for Brown and a win for the D's. We effectively traded Brown for Stephenson, and while I still rate Brown, the question is not that is he good now? It's more, would he and his knee have held up in 3 years time when we are really ready to contend again? I would confidently state that Stephenson will be a more effective and influential player in 3 years time, than Ben Brown will be.

With that Brown is still very good right now and may very well help the D's to a flag, and I would be happy for them both, hence the win/win/win

All very good points, also people are forgetting about the money he was asking.

She is all up and about that he should decide to leave the tigers after everything they did for him last year when he and Stack (I think) broke the hub rules in Queensland last year.

Whatever makes her sad makes me happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doubt 38 gets CCJ done but perhaps

In: CCJ
Out: 38, 39 (Dumont compo)

This rates CCJ at 21 and would allow the Tigers to trade for the Dogs first.

In: 17
Out: 38, 39, 40, 44

giving them

7, 15, 17, 26, 28

This leaves us without a 3rd rounder however we maybe able to live trade back into the 30s with a future 2nd if someone we like is still on the board.

giving them

7, 15, 17, 26, 28

This leaves us without a 3rd rounder however we maybe able to live trade back into the 30s with a future 2nd if someone we like is still on the board.
Too expensive

giving them

7, 15, 17, 26, 28

21 seems overs to me. What did the BBB compo work out? Established and proven forward vs a young guy far from established. My feeling is that something between 20 and 38 is about right. Our future 2nd?

giving them

7, 15, 17, 26, 28

To be honest, and I know everybody wants the fair trade scenario, I wouldn't be surprised if we start lesser than what people think. There's excitement that we may have one but if we get him we've put him on 4 years at not much coin and they've either lost him because the years are lower or they won't assure him of more playing time next year so why would they expect something equating to a pick on the 20's? It may end up being future 3rd or future pick swaps as the opening offer but I can't see it ending up any heavier than this years 3rd.

I would be reluctant to trade away our future 2nd rounder. Firstly, so little is actually known about next year's draft due to COVID cancelling a lot of footy for those boys and secondly, depending on where Boomer's ranks and our draft position, we may want to bundle it up next trade period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back