List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well, if it’s a trade then we would be asking for better than the FA compo we would get (say third round). Not sure why the Tigers would offer up a better pick than that?
Not about a better pick fir Tas,
All speculation but ultimately the tigers know we could walk Cj to the draft and they don’t want to lose their Chol pick so I think they will want to play nice rather than try and shaft us on the Cj trade. It’s the sum of all the factors that will end up playing out well for us.

How have we let him go? He is a free agency... hence the word free to go!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yes I get that, should’ve worded it better. I’m more disappointed from the point of view that he’s a great role model and leader for our young guys

Is my understanding correct…

- Richmond take Tarrant as an UFA it hurts their Chol Compo, therefore will want to trade
- North trade Tarrant to help Richmond’s compo, it will mean we don’t get the Tarrant compo

Therefor, if we do the trade for Tarrant, we’d want it to be favourable enough to excuse missing out on compo…?

You’d thick so.
seems logical

You would want to know what band the move will generate first and if we have any strategy for the PSD pick. If he is paid well enough to trigger a end of round 2 pick then it might be favourable for us to let him go via free agency and trade 38. Even though end of round 2 and pick 38 is only one pick difference, if there are like 5 other end of round 2 compo pick, ours would be the first in line pick whereas 38 would get pushed right to the end.

A dream scenario would be 3rd round compo for both Dumont and Tarrant. 38,39 and 40 to be bundled for Dogs first round pick. 1,17 and 20 would take away the pain of losing club stalwarts.
One of those picks would have to be used on a key defender and I definitely would not be averse to picking up Skinner as a late pick/rookie. Would probably come close to best 22 for us over J.Walker and give JHF a mate to help him settle quicker.
So in summary :
1. JHF
17. NWM
20. JVR
Late pick - Skinner
PSD - CCJ
A fantastic off season. Would be funny with the hyphenated theme !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- Richmond take Tarrant as an UFA it hurts their Chol Compo, therefore will want to trade
- North trade Tarrant to help Richmond’s compo, it will mean we don’t get the Tarrant compo

Therefor, if we do the trade for Tarrant, we’d want it to be favourable enough to excuse missing out on compo…?

The compo would be a 4th rounder at absolute best.

Correct, if we got a 3rd rounder (39) for Taz and traded one for CCJ we still have pick 38 or 39. The same as trading Taz for CCJ straight up, we still have 38.

If the tigers don't like it and play hard ball we can keep both and go psd.

Whoever we bring in to compliment Corr & McKay needs to be very considered.

I'd be far more inclined to go an interceptor/attacking defender then another pure lockdown.

Taz leaving forces us to change, which will be a good thing long-term.

Maybe we should start up the doedee rumour again!

Whoever we bring in to compliment Corr & McKay needs to be very considered.

I'd be far more inclined to go an interceptor/attacking defender then another pure lockdown.

Taz leaving forces us to change, which will be a good thing long-term.
Come on down Sam Skinner.

Pretty much. It then lessens the cost of the CCJ trade if we allow the Tigers to get a decent pick from Chol, likely to be 2nd round at this stage due to the reported value. The value of a discounted price for CCJ would be better for us than any Tarrant compo.

That’s the plan anyway

The compo would be a 4th rounder at absolute best.
There's no such thing as 4th round compensation, unless you mean Band 4? It goes:

Band 1 - After 1st pick - Top 5% salaries
Band 2 - End of 1st round - 6-15%
Band 3 - After 2nd pick - 16-30%
Band 4 - End of 2nd round - 31-50%
Band 5 - After 3rd pick - 51-70%

But age and whatever else the AFL makes up at the time are also taken into consideration. You would think Taz would still be on decent coin, probably sneaking in that Band 4 range. But with his age it will probably be Band 5 compensation.

Yes I get that, should’ve worded it better. I’m more disappointed from the point of view that he’s a great role model and leader for our young guys

Yes he is, I would have liked him for another year... worry about other spots to fill this yr ie the running hb and small fwd assuming we have ccj already. But now need a kpd sooner than later too... purely selfish reason wish him the best, he wasn't amazing this year but did go through a fair bit

Pretty much. It then lessens the cost of the CCJ trade if we allow the Tigers to get a decent pick from Chol, likely to be 2nd round at this stage due to the reported value. The value of a discounted price for CCJ would be better for us than any Tarrant compo.

That’s the plan anyway

great contributions, well-reasoned, BF at it's best, trying to think through strategic outcomes available in the club's situation

There's no such thing as 4th round compensation, unless you mean Band 4? It goes:

Band 1 - After 1st pick - Top 5% salaries
Band 2 - End of 1st round - 6-15%
Band 3 - After 2nd pick - 16-30%
Band 4 - End of 2nd round - 31-50%
Band 5 - After 3rd pick - 51-70%

But age and whatever else the AFL makes up at the time are also taken into consideration. You would think Taz would still be on decent coin, probably sneaking in that Band 4 range. But with his age it will probably be Band 5 compensation.
This means the same thing for us right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back