List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have thought that Dimma, Clarko, Gerard and Dunstall rolling in laughter after he said it would have suggested the absurdity of the moment.

Remember the Pies board last year when it came our we were sniffing around Stevo? They had guys saying they wouldn't even accept our first rounder. Some were saying to throw in LDU.

That was for a player under contract and we all know what happened.

Most people of sound mind would 😏

Ladhams (contracted) told to look for a new home? Surely he has not much value then if Ben Brown was worth pick 28?

If we could get ladams cheap could we possibly reinvent him as a key defender?
202 cms, 92kgs and could still pinch hit in the ruck down back.
Hows his contested mark looking?

He picked his words wisely though. “Requested a trade to North” and “required player” rather than “wants to head to North”. Trying to get the upper hand and ignore we have pick 1 of PSD. Hopefully, nothing more than a third heads their way (next year’s if possible).
I wonder if they'd take pick 1 in the PSD for him. Might shut tZ up if nothing else.

I reckon Stephenson and Fritsch are very similar players. Similar build, same height, agile etc. Sleevo could make that work for him and kick 50 in a season.

but he also seems to have a great engine and can run all day. Dunno if Fritsch has that.

Fritsch is a smart operator and is good overhead. He just always seems to get himself in the right position, a lot like Stephenson when in form. Some players are just meant to be forwards and don’t need to move up the ground. With how much we have invested in our midfield, I wouldn’t be upset if Stephenson becomes a permanent forward. He will only get better as our young talls develop as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fritsch is a smart operator and is good overhead. He just always seems to get himself in the right position, a lot like Stephenson when in form. Some players are just meant to be forwards and don’t need to move up the ground. With how much we have invested in our midfield, I wouldn’t be upset if Stephenson becomes a permanent forward. He will only get better as our young talls develop as well.

I think he’s better pushing up the ground, being involved, then breaking forward. Helps make him more unpredictable, use his speed and harder to defend.
Also, switching up with other smart half forwards to unsettle defences - TT, Curtis & CZ are all adaptable that way.

They've taken Murphy and Betts off the books and are getting back end relief on Martin's salary. This isn't a big wage. What they are doing is filling up with really mediocre players.

They definitely needed another contested midfielder. They got absolutely trounced this year in contested ball, particularly around clearances. I don’t think it’s the worst pick up for them to be honest. They do need another A grade mid though, so if they come away Hewett and Cerra they look a lot better on paper.

How they’re fitting all these players under their cap is another story. When your cap is about to explode and you’re not even playing finals yet, that’s a worry. Players don’t take pay cuts unless they’re winning flags or contending. They have Walsh to sign next, plus McKay again the following year. Both those players will be 1 million a year players on a long term deals.

They definitely needed another contested midfielder. They got absolutely trounced this year in contested ball, particularly around clearances. I don’t think it’s the worst pick up for them to be honest. They do need another A grade mid though, so if they come away Hewett and Cerra they look a lot better on paper.

How they’re fitting all these players under their cap is another story. When your cap is about to explode and you’re not even playing finals yet, that’s a worry. Players don’t take pay cuts unless they’re winning flags or contending. They have Walsh to sign next, plus McKay again the following year. Both those players will be 1 million a year players on a long term deals.

I reckon they have Walsh in mind and will be wishing and hoping on McKay. Either way they are guaranteed him for two years.

There's a good chance some of these clubs strapped now will start back ending (within reason) anticipating caps and lists to return to pre-covid days within the next two years. If it doesn't come to plan, we're going to see some real dramas soon. Hopefully we're coming good at just the right time.

If we could get ladams cheap could we possibly reinvent him as a key defender?
202 cms, 92kgs and could still pinch hit in the ruck down back.
Hows his contested mark looking?

I don’t think he is agile enough to be a KD. He is a 70% ruck 30% forward in my opinion.

I think he’s better pushing up the ground, being involved, then breaking forward. Helps make him more unpredictable, use his speed and harder to defend.
Also, switching up with other smart half forwards to unsettle defences - TT, Curtis & CZ are all adaptable that way.

I think that is Noble’s plan to have players play multiple roles. Stephenson is a perfect example of that this year playing different roles from week to week. I think that was more about his development than filling holes for the team. I’m sure he won’t be pigeonholed into one position going forward, but his nous up forward is elite and he might be the best player on our list to predominately play that role.

Ladhams would be an upgrade on CCJ.
Mckay, Corr & Comben - tall backs
Goldy, CCJ & Ladhams rotate though the ruck and forward. 2 playing forward with Larkey.
Edwards to replace Goldy when he retires.

B: Corr Mckay Bonar
HB: Ziebell Comben Hall
C: Stephenson LDU McDonald
HF: Thomas Ladhams Horne-Francis
F: Coleman-Jones Larkey Zurhaar
R: Goldy Simpkin Cunnington
I: Anderson Powell Phillips Ford

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back