List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So moving forward where are the holes in the list?

Remove the senior crew - Jed, JZ, Cunners, Polec, Dumont, Atley, Walker, Goldy, Turner, Hall, TC.
We look like this!

F: JHF,. Larkey,. CCJ/Edwards
HF:. CZ,. Comben,. Taylor
C:. Thomas. Simpkin. Stevenson
R:. CCJ/Edwards. LDU. Powell
HB: Bonar. Young. McDonald
B:. Hayden. McKay. Corr

Int: Phillips, Mahony, Scott, Ford
Emg: Lazzaro, Perez, ATU, Spicer, Xerri

Not in bad condition IMO.
Don't see the need for a small forward others do (JHF, Mahony, Ford, Spicer, Thomas, Stevenson) can fill that role. For mine it's the tall defender and small defender slots that need some correcting/depth.

Tall Options: JVR at 20, Skinner, Weideman, Talia
Need a small lockdown defender, rebound HBF ....... ? (Bonar, Hayden, Perez, Atu, Young) not sold on yet.

Do like the potential for this list build !!!!!!!!!!!

Remove the senior crew - Jed, JZ, Cunners, Polec, Dumont, Atley, Walker, Goldy, Turner, Hall, TC.
We look like this!

Don't see the need for a small forward others do (JHF, Mahony, Ford, Spicer, Thomas, Stevenson) can fill that role. For mine it's the tall defender and small defender slots that need some correcting/depth.

Need a small lockdown defender, rebound HBF ....... ? (Bonar, Hayden, Perez, Atu, Young) not sold on yet.

I do like the look of JVR, Skinner as support on the cheap to allow him to develop makes sense.

I do like the look of JVR, Skinner as support on the cheap to allow him to develop makes sense.

Wouldn't mind us trying to use our 2022 1st to get in Gibcus range. JVR and Gibcus could/should set the core for the next 8/10 years.

From then on it would be needs/cream for drafting and trading.

We look like this!

Turner is younger than L-Mac reckon he can be factored in.

How does Jack not do it in a better side? It stands to reason that if we are better, then there is less pressure on him down back. 'Just dropping back into holes' gee you just throw that in there so casually as if it is easy to do. He had a great year, one of his better ones and you have been at him all year despite this.

'No amount of stats changes that.' If we have good shape and structure there is no reason why he cant improve again. You have had him in the gun all year and no amount of stats will change your perception of him

I never felt we would win because Jack was in the backline. I felt he was a stop gap and did a pretty good job considering. A couple of good moments, a couple of bad moments and a lot of just ok moments. We need a better class of defender, and hopefully Luffy gives it to us.

Jack is elite in one aspect, his heart, that is why he has played over 200 games.

Last edited:
200522_Skinner.jpg

Might work. Interesting that his agent mailed Brady with only this photo as their argument for him being listed.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I never felt we would win because Jack was in the backline. I felt he was a stop gap and did a pretty good job considering. A couple of good moments, a couple of bad moments and a lot of just ok moments. We need a better class of defender, and hopefully Luffy gives it to us.

Jack is elite in one aspect, his heart, that is why he has played over 200 games.
Also intercept marks, intercept possessions and metres gained, rebound 50s and above average for 1 on 1 contests won. Stats are important for Luffy. Pretty good quote on it too

Who is the benchmark defender you're comparing Jack to?

Who is the benchmark defender you're comparing Jack to?

Great question. I think you have a couple of types. (Not including genuine line breaking rebounders).

KP Intercept Players - Guys like Lever, Mc Govern, Sicily, Grimes, Howard

Mid Sized Intercept / Floaters - Howe, Geary, Rampe

Mid Sized Intercept / Lockdown / Rebounders - Haynes, Stewart, Mc Kenzie (Port), Vlaustin, Wood, Crozier, Ridley

Ziebell would fit in the Mid Sized Intercept category because he doesn't provide rebound (run) and he isn't a lockdown defender. I also think they offer the least overall compared to the other categories so they need to especially good and effective.

My preference is 3x KP defenders, one with intercept ability, 1x focused line breaking rebounder and 2x all rounders. Just my preference, I think we need a little more sizzle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Morris on CCJ, North will need to do better than pick 20.
Then a text come through ‘North could walk him to the Pre season draft , hmmm yeah they could.
Do you homework Tom
I think someones just trying to maximise Richmonds compensation

Are the Tigs going to want to trade for Taz to save their Chol compo? If so what would that trade look like CCJ for Taz straight swap, Taz and 38 for CCJ and 44, Taz and future 3rd for CCJ and future 3rd. Suppose it depends on Chol compo and how it is affected by Taz's contract but you'd think the Tigs would rather get say an end of second round pick plus an upgrade in a Taz trade than 38 and losing their compo.

JZ main problem is simply balance and flexibility
He is a lumberer, goes well in a straight line but falls over when he changes direction
All is other skills are bloody good
As long as we can get the defending balance right, in other words the coaching and the defenders communicating so he doesn’t get caught on say Cameron then the plus outweighs the minus
But do Bonar Atu Turner know what they are all doing ?
Well of course not
The whole backline is a Work in Progress
Now Taz is gone give JZ 2 yrs

Brady has blinked.

I was really liking how ruthless he was appearing to be.

I'm not sure how much value there is in locking in a 33 year old Ziebell going into 2023.

He might earn a 1 year deal at the end of next year on merit, however I think Hall is the only 30+ year old that deserved a multi-year deal based on this year.

Brady has blinked.

I was really liking how ruthless he was appearing to be.

I'm not sure how much value there is in locking in a 33 year old Ziebell going into 2023.

He might earn a 1 year deal at the end of next year on merit, however I think Hall is the only 30+ year old that deserved a multi-year deal based on this year.

I shudder to think of Ziebells form in 2023 also, but I won’t begrudge Brady for blinking here because I reckon the reasons were; he’s captain of the club still which merits something, and Tarrant departing opens up some wiggle room for a multi-year deal.

But yeah if there was anyone in our older age group who deserved that kind of deal it was Hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back