List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of big X's ruckwork that I've seen has been very good. He also got 32 contested possessions in that VFL game. Not a forward sure but he could still be a Mumford style ruck and do okay I reckon. It certainly wouldn't hurt to have another big body around the young midfield if Cunners and Jed are the only hard nuts in there.
The issue for X is that he is a pretty bad forward at AFL level and I am pretty confident Noble would prefer to play 2 rucks with one resting forward. CCJ and apparently Edwards have X covered as a forward and only one of them needs to be better than, or even close to, X as a ruckman (I think they will both have him covered in the ruck too). That's before you consider Comben and how he fits into this and whether we could fit Larkey and two of Comben/CCJ/Edwards/X in the one forward line.
I've seen X play a bit at VFL level, and yes, he earns his spot. My hunch at the minute is that his career trajectory will be much the same as Tom Campbell, competitive ruck, forward craft not quite at the AFL level, great back-up but a journey man.

As many have mentioned, they will ask for 20, we will counter with 38 and generally meet in the middle. I believe we have the upper hand due to him being uncontracted, playing minimal games and the first pick in PSD. Granted PSD threat doesnt happen that often but not totally unheard of.

Would anyone consider 38 and 2020 second rounder for CCJ and Tigers 2022 second rounder. Tempt them with a potential pick upgrade for next year which may even fall in our favor if Richmond keep on the downward trend and we start moving up.
I'd really like that, mutual death ride

The Power hadn't been in talks with North Melbourne's Trent Dumont or GWS forward Jeremy Finlayson despite speculation to the contrary, Davies said.

Dawson seeking a trade back to SA would seem to narrow the market for Frog (unless he already had a deal in place). Very quiet on the Dumont front
Crom will probably get him

That was a big mess. The PM at the time was someone my old man played soccer with iirc. George Speight, who led the coup was only in it for the money afaik. It wasn't him was it?

Bainimarama is the PM now, but he was influential in the whole thing. I haven't been to Fiji since the year we last made the PF but it was noticeable how no one there wanted to talk about the government or politics, especially in a critical way. They'd start to whinge then shut up very quickly. It was definitely creepy and unlike Fiji when I used to go there reasonably frequently as a kid. Anyway back to trades i spose.
I believe it was a brother or a son of Speight. It was a bit strange as the company had some posters or a newsletter that had the blokes picture and some blurb about the work he was involved in, then he turns up on the news as one of the coup leaders.

Back to trade talk... CCJ. Welcome.

I believe it was a brother or a son of Speight. It was a bit strange as the company had some posters or a newsletter that had the blokes picture and some blurb about the work he was involved in, then he turns up on the news as one of the coup leaders.

Back to trade talk... CCJ. Welcome.

As the wise man Shaggy once sang, it wasn't me...

1631683861160.png

Great news!
CCJ & Edwards to be our R/F combination for the next 10 years.
I think a really good R/F combo is where the game is heading, with reduced interchanges (similar to what the Dees are doing this year & beyond with Gawn & Jackson)
Xerri still has a year to continue to develop - I think we will know by the end of 2022 if he will make it… nothing wrong with a bit of competition!
The best part is Edwards, CCJ & Xerri will all be learning their craft from one of the greats in Goldy…

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps X will be handy for a team that needs to get younger and better in the ruck. Would be purrfect for one club I reckon, I wonder if they have anyone we would want to trade for? I still wouldn't trade him anyway but who knows.

As many have mentioned, they will ask for 20, we will counter with 38 and generally meet in the middle. I believe we have the upper hand due to him being uncontracted, playing minimal games and the first pick in PSD. Granted PSD threat doesnt happen that often but not totally unheard of.

Would anyone consider 38 and 2020 second rounder for CCJ and Tigers 2022 second rounder. Tempt them with a potential pick upgrade for next year which may even fall in our favor if Richmond keep on the downward trend and we start moving up.
I like this… it adds a little bit of extra spice to the season when a pick swap is involved.
I think Richmond play finals next year though, if they keep a reasonably fit list.

We have barely any good picks currently as is yet possibly going to give up pick 38 when we have upper hand with pre season draft? doesnt make sense at. Especially with the lack of interest for dumont which would bring us a pick to back us up

I think Xerri is gone unfortunately. May not be this year but i cant see him on the list past 2022.

198cm + Players
Goldstein
Larkey
CCJ*
Comben
Edwards
Xerri
Mckay
Campbell

Land of the giants.
I have my doubts we are keeping Campbell if we are picking up CCJ as a secondary ruck and wanting to develop to Xerri as the primary ruck in the VFL.

I have my doubts we are keeping Campbell if we are picking up CCJ as a secondary ruck and wanting to develop to Xerri as the primary ruck in the VFL.

Understood, however i think Edwards will rocket past Xerri in the pecking order, so he will still be behind at least CCJ and Edwards moving forward.

I might be wrong but i think he will struggle to hold a spot on the list.

Understood, however i think Edwards will rocket past Xerri in the pecking order, so he will still be behind at least CCJ and Edwards moving forward.

I might be wrong but i think he will struggle to hold a spot on the list.
Xerri is an interesting one in that context. Xerri is best suited to the primary ruck role (but has his limitations), CCJ seems suited to that secondary ruck role, Campbell is limited, Goldy is getting on and Edwards seems a mobile forward/ruck to me, rather than a pure ruck.

Going to be interesting viewing the next draft or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back