List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy to see McGuinness extended, his attributes are very appealing, just needs to escape the EVW-like injury curse.
Interesting what we do with him. Forward doesn't appear to be an option with the CCJ and Edwards pick-ups and Comben/Ford looking good taller prospects. Wing/HB seem to be go with his kicking skills. Love his kicking technique.

Go_Roos!

Club Legend
May 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
To state the bleeding obvious, we really need to get some decent footballers or we will stay as the worst team in the whole competition. C'mon list managers/ recruiters.

Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I truly don't understand why we are determined to persist with McGuiness.
Disagree a bit here; he was really starting to impact games with some elite kicking before he got injured. Admittedly, it took him a long time to warm up, but he was definitely starting to look the part

Bowski

Club Legend
May 14, 2007
Shenanigan
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Celtic
I truly don't understand why we are determined to persist with McGuiness.
In my entirely outer-scrotum opinion, I imagine he is being held in the hope we can develop him as a Defender. Height and Footskills. Absolute bargain basement wage and doesn't take a spot.

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He hasn't asked for a trade yet, so he might stay at Richmond. They would have to move a long way from their current offer, you would think it unlikely given he wants to play ruck and they have two preferred ruckmen ahead of him who aren't anywhere near retirement age.

Richmond will ask for 20, we will likely offer 38, they can't threaten to send him to the PSD as it would just result in getting him for free instead. Best case scenario for Richmond would be to ask for a future second.
I'd do future 2nd, if we get their 2021 second

Starting to think CCJ is a hybrid of Wayne and Corey with all the carry on from the Tigers side.
So this bloke?

rQvFdZJ.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If CCJ comes we will have 4 players from the 2017 draft top 20.

Including rookies that would be 3 from 2016, 6 for 2017, 4 from 2018 and 4 from 2019 (tho Young was old for a draftee) and 6 from last year. At least 4 this year (2 MSD, 1 and 20) would give us at least 27 players and I didn't include Matt McGuiness who may still be there next year. Obviously that assumes we keep Hayden, Atu and any others who are OoC now. That is most of the list and doesn't include Buckets McKay (2015) and anyone else I've forgotten about.

Surely at that point the rebuild is done and its a matter of development of both the younger players and the game style with individual game plans and tactics. Its the core of a good side for the next 5 - 8 seasons. Sure there are list holes but we can focus on filling them now and not in a quick fix, trade someone in sort of way. We still have scope to draft and develop players in those spots as well as trading them in.

Yeah I think by adding CCJ, JHF or whoever goes one, and perhaps a tall defender as draft watchers have suggested and we are well on our way to having a fairly balanced albeit young list.

Good to see some more signatures for the young players. If we can make a player out of McGuinness then that is another win for our recruiting and development. Maybe he is the 3rd tall defender we have been looking for.

All in all I think we have had a good few years and are well on our way to winning more games. Personally don't see us in the bottom couple next year, there is probably 10 guys in our 22 next year in between that 30 to 50 bracket come round 1, that isn't even including last years draftees (some pretty good footballers in that crop too). My big hope is that they get a solid pre season under their belt and if we stay fit, we could surprise a few pundits

Nov 7, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This seems a strange decision to me. He was a reach at 20 when drafted, has been in the system for 4 years, has hardly played a game, and when I watched him this year I thought he lacked agility, as well as being an unreliable kick. He's a good mark however. His stats are the same as Mason Cox, and I reckon we could get a less lumbering ruck at pick 38 in the draft this year. Granted, he is ready to go.
I guess he is a better forward than Tom Campbell, so if we trade for him Tom will be de-listed. Edwards is years away, so if/when Goldy gets injured, we'll play CJ and Xerri. Perhaps that's why we're rumoured to be trading for him?
Obviously Brady is a good operator but not perfect, as the bad decision to trade Ben Brown shows. Personally I hope the trade falls through.

North1411

Team Captain
Mar 12, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This seems a strange decision to me. He was a reach at 20 when drafted, has been in the system for 4 years, has hardly played a game, and when I watched him this year I thought he lacked agility, as well as being an unreliable kick. He's a good mark however. His stats are the same as Mason Cox, and I reckon we could get a less lumbering ruck at pick 38 in the draft this year. Granted, he is ready to go.
I guess he is a better forward than Tom Campbell, so if we trade for him Tom will be de-listed. Edwards is years away, so if/when Goldy gets injured, we'll play CJ and Xerri. Perhaps that's why we're rumoured to be trading for him?
Obviously Brady is a good operator but not perfect, as the bad decision to trade Ben Brown shows. Personally I hope the trade falls through.
I don't see the Ben Brown trade as bad. In fact, it looks like a win for North, a win for Brown and a win for the D's. We effectively traded Brown for Stephenson, and while I still rate Brown, the question is not that is he good now? It's more, would he and his knee have held up in 3 years time when we are really ready to contend again? I would confidently state that Stephenson will be a more effective and influential player in 3 years time, than Ben Brown will be.

With that Brown is still very good right now and may very well help the D's to a flag, and I would be happy for them both, hence the win/win/win

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't see the Ben Brown trade as bad. In fact, it looks like a win for North, a win for Brown and a win for the D's. We effectively traded Brown for Stephenson, and while I still rate Brown, the question is not that is he good now? It's more, would he and his knee have held up in 3 years time when we are really ready to contend again? I would confidently state that Stephenson will be a more effective and influential player in 3 years time, than Ben Brown will be.

With that Brown is still very good right now and may very well help the D's to a flag, and I would be happy for them both, hence the win/win/win

I don’t think Brown is the difference in them winning the GF by any stretch but he is one of the luckiest players with the trade. It’s unheard of to have a trade straight into a GF.

I still don’t think he would have fit well in our team under Noble anyways

Mjs94

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Edwards will be part of the team by 2023 predominantly forward similar to Luke Jackson you would hope with CCJ being the main ruck. That's of course if next year is Goldy's last. If Goldy plays in 2023, then Edwards should more than ready to go in 2024.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back