List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Anvil

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It pisses me off that teams can court a player when they’ve got fu** all to trade with. Cerra will accept Melbourne’s offer and Freo are backed into a corner. They accept an unders deal or let him walk.

Bell seems like the sort of bloke who doesn't cower when backed into the corner. But yeah, it's not right.

The chorus

All Australian
Jun 15, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I am an amateur at this and wondering about our list numbers. Forgetting our Cat B rookie I think we had 43 players on our list after the MSD but need to start next season with 42. With 5 players off the list and CCJ to come on we will have 39 on the list. I guess Campbell will go now that CCJ is coming, but I expect several more changes given that we finished 18th and are rebuilding. If Atley and/or Dumont don't get picked up as free agents are they likely to be left without a contract?

I am an amateur at this and wondering about our list numbers. Forgetting our Cat B rookie I think we had 43 players on our list after the MSD but need to start next season with 42. With 5 players off the list and CCJ to come on we will have 39 on the list. I guess Campbell will go now that CCJ is coming, but I expect several more changes given that we finished 18th and are rebuilding. If Atley and/or Dumont don't get picked up as free agents are they likely to be left without a contract?
I don't think Dumont is a risk of being delisted. Atley probably is though, considering he finished the season out of the side.

Just offer a 1st and 2nd next year for him.
They'll get it done.
That's sooo crap for Freo I reckon. Even their first this year and next could be pick 18-20 X2.

Do you think we could ever get to a point and a club can agree to a trade but stipulate "sure future 1st, but it must be in the top 7 picks." It's them upto the club getting the player to workout how to get it over the next Xn years.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Would we take him though if his heart set on dees?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Maybe not but GWS or Carlton might

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I reckon the dockers will ask for jackson

Dec 18, 2005
Barstow, Cal14nia
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
GAVROI MOUNIA... GAMW TON PIRAEA
Who was the last player to be walked to psd but picked up by a club other than the walker...

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Trent Knobel - 2004 Preseason draft.

Was training with Carlton before he was surprisingly picked by Richmond.... forcing us then to have to take a punt on some kid named Eddie Betts.

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That's sooo crap for Freo I reckon. Even their first this year and next could be pick 18-20 X2.

Do you think we could ever get to a point and a club can agree to a trade but stipulate "sure future 1st, but it must be in the top 7 picks." It's them upto the club getting the player to workout how to get it over the next Xn years.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
they have no first this year.
melbournes picks
1632029102172.png

Mute Point

Team Captain
Apr 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Do we make an offer to Talia to cover the loss of Tarrant? 3 yrs younger. Not sure of his injury status. Reckon we need someone with height, strength & experience down back to help out.

The chorus

All Australian
Jun 15, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Do we make an offer to Talia to cover the loss of Tarrant? 3 yrs younger. Not sure of his injury status. Reckon we need someone with height, strength & experience down back to help out.
I doubt it. We are rebuilding not patching up and the list managers seem to be sticking to that nicely

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Tarrant leaving gives us a chance to reset the mix of our back 6. I imagine with McKay already, we’d be keener on an interceptor then another pure lockdown defender.

If they’re not going to trade Jackson - they might need to offer rivers/ brayshaw with their future first rounder
Brayshaw, most of his family is here, still think they may trade with a 3rd party to get it done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back