Status
Not open for further replies.

north-melbourne.jpg

Indicative draft picks: 1, 20, 38, 69

Delisted: Taylor Garner, Connor Menadue, Dom Tyson, Will Walker
Retired:
Nil
Unsigned free agents: Robbie Tarrant, Shaun Atley, Trent Dumont, Tom Campbell

Whispers: It's bound to be another eventful off-season at North Melbourne as the club continues its rebuild. Veteran defender Robbie Tarrant will move to Richmond, having agreed to a two-year deal, with the clubs likely to negotiate a trade of late picks to avoid any free agency compensation being diluted. The two sides will meet again to secure a move for Callum Coleman-Jones, who is poised to join the Kangaroos. Expect pick No.38 to be used in any talks for the young ruckman, who could also be walked to the pre-season draft if negotiations drag on. North Melbourne will likely take pick No.1 to the draft, with only a 'Godfather' offer set to tempt the club to part ways with the highly coveted selection. Valued captain Jack Ziebell has recently signed a new two-year deal, though intrigue still surrounds the future of free agent Trent Dumont. Defensive depth to cover for the loss of Tarrant is on the club's radar, having already missed on Adelaide free agent Jake Kelly. - Riley Beveridge

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au

north-melbourne.jpg

Indicative draft picks: 1, 20, 38, 69

Delisted: Taylor Garner, Connor Menadue, Dom Tyson, Will Walker
Retired:
Nil
Unsigned free agents: Robbie Tarrant, Shaun Atley, Trent Dumont, Tom Campbell

Whispers: It's bound to be another eventful off-season at North Melbourne as the club continues its rebuild. Veteran defender Robbie Tarrant will move to Richmond, having agreed to a two-year deal, with the clubs likely to negotiate a trade of late picks to avoid any free agency compensation being diluted. The two sides will meet again to secure a move for Callum Coleman-Jones, who is poised to join the Kangaroos. Expect pick No.38 to be used in any talks for the young ruckman, who could also be walked to the pre-season draft if negotiations drag on. North Melbourne will likely take pick No.1 to the draft, with only a 'Godfather' offer set to tempt the club to part ways with the highly coveted selection. Valued captain Jack Ziebell has recently signed a new two-year deal, though intrigue still surrounds the future of free agent Trent Dumont. Defensive depth to cover for the loss of Tarrant is on the club's radar, having already missed on Adelaide free agent Jake Kelly. - Riley Beveridge

Check - nmfc missing out on a player mentioned

Kangaroos grab Crows’ free agent Lynch to boost the back room

JAY CLARK

NORTH Melbourne is set to add Adelaide’s Tom Lynch to its playing ranks to bolster its development coaching staff for next season.

Lynch, 31, can be picked up as a delisted free agent meaning he could technically play for the Roos in the VFL or AFL teams next year.

It is believed the main intention is for Lynch to join the Roos’ coaching ranks to mentor and coach their young players.

They include Nick Larkey, Charlie Comben and Jacob Edwards, with the Roos also eyeing Jason Horne-Francis with the No. 1 pick in this year’s draft.

Horne-Francis, who sizzled in South Adelaide’s preliminary final on Friday night with three goals and 24 possessions, has been likened to Sydney Swans excitement machine Isaac Heeney.

Recruiting sources have said Horne-Francis is a certainty to join North where he would add class and x-factor in the midfield and forward half.

The Roos are set to lose unrestricted free agent Robbie Tarrant to Richmond for next season while Shaun Atley and Trent Dumont are unsigned.

Port Adelaide has been linked to Dumont.

Captain Jack Ziebell recommitted last week.

Lynch was one of the best leading forwards in the competition as Adelaide made the grand final in 2017 and wants to stay in football in 2022.

The former St Kilda and Adelaide goalkicker could play some VFL games once added to the primary list but it has been discussed only as a backup option.

Adding him as a delisted free agent follows a similar move by Port Adelaide, which nabbed former Collingwood veteran Tyson Goldsack for its coaching ranks.

Respected senior AFL agent Paul Connors has had a role in both of those moves as a way of helping his clients as they transition from playing to coaching.

Clubs are looking for ways to add resources under a tight football department soft cap for next season with the reductions in the back room leading to overworked staff desperate for breaks this post-season.

The AFL has advised clubs not to expect any significant lift in the soft cap for next season.

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah he was good in that season but bad for team unity and a bit of a campaigner in general.

Just having a go at him. But also that commenting that getting Schache in for anyone isn't really a win.
They got more than Schache though when they traded Stringer……..can’t remember who. Will look it up.
I was purely making the post that both those clubs, plus heaps of others, have received assistance……gets mentioned for us and everyone’s first reaction is “Nup!”

Sep 4, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Golden State, SF 49ers
Has Mitch missed the whole point or just part of it?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Kane was saying it's a great pick up, has good footy left and should play. Mitch didn't think he should get a game ahead of those two.

Both are wrong. If Lynch played it would be at the expense of someone like Ford and maybe Taylor.

No idea why I've got them on.

Kane was saying it's a great pick up, has good footy left and should play. Mitch didn't think he should get a game ahead of those two.

Both are wrong. If Lynch played it would be at the expense of someone like Ford and maybe Taylor.

No idea why I've got them on.
To further add to your post, he is only going to get a game ahead of Ford/Taylor if they are both injured. Surely this break glass in case of a major injury crisis scenario would have been obvious to most footy journalists. Very lazy by Mitch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
To further add to your post, he is only going to get a game ahead of Ford/Taylor if they are both injured. Surely this break glass in case of a major injury crisis scenario would have been obvious to most footy journalists. Very lazy by Mitch.
It isn’t lazy - it is literally his job at trade radio to create debate and attract callers to fill space and replies/reactions to social media posts, so Hutchy can sell more advertising and the AFL can string its time in the sun as long as possible. It is not the place for sensible, measured conversation about real things. And all that goes double for this phase of trade radio when almost nothing is actually happening.

Tom Lynch is one of the smarter players of recent times. That Noble is keen to get him in asap speaks volumes.

Real sign of investment in our VFLM program too

Long Live the King

Premiership Player
Feb 24, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The Dogs would be mad not to be enquiring about Goldy..

Not sure what they could offer and we would probably laugh in their face anyways, but gee they need a bonafide Ruckman to make use of the core group they have right now before the window closes..
Ive thought this for a while. I love Goldy but you would think that either the Cats or Dogs who are close should be interested in a ready to go ruck like Goldy. Stanley and English not up to it at the pointy end. If the dogs offered pick 17 I wonder how tempted we would be.

Moti

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ok, my first trade scenario of the season, just for some fun.

Trade with Giants for Pick 2:

NMFC - 2022 1st Rd, 2021 3rd, Curtis Taylor
GWS - 2021 2nd Pick, 2022 2nd Round

GWS strengthen their 2022 hand and pick up a young player that can slot straight in and help Greene and the midfield.

Trade with Tigers:

NMFC - 2021 2nd Pick, 2022 GWS 2nd Rd, Tarrant
Tigers - 2021 Pick 7, 2021 Pick 16, CCJ

I rate Pick 2 very highly as their is a gap in quality between 2 and 7 this year. Pick 16 is also rated lower than it sometimes is as it is very even from low teens through he 20's. This works if Tigers are into Callaghan in a big way and rate him a level above the others. Due to the evens of the draft, they can use a bunch of their 2nd round picks to round out their haul or use their 2nds to get the Dogs 1st Round.

We end up with Pick 1, 7, 16, 20 this year to attack the draft and look to fill the gap areas.

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
Ive thought this for a while. I love Goldy but you would think that either the Cats or Dogs who are close should be interested in a ready to go ruck like Goldy. Stanley and English not up to it at the pointy end. If the dogs offered pick 17 I wonder how tempted we would be.
Yep agree, but they’ll probably need that pick to split for currency towards Darcy.

I cant seeing anything happening but if we were in the exact same window as the dogs are now and Goldy was playing for someone else, he’s the only ruckman I would be keen on - would be the difference on GF day..

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We wouldn't be pushing him out the door, that's for sure. IMO His knowledge for developing rucks in Edwards and CCJ moving forward is worth more than pick 17.. I would like to keep a leader on every line.

Tom Lynch is one of the smarter players of recent times. That Noble is keen to get him in asap speaks volumes.

Real sign of investment in our VFLM program too

Can't comment on the former as I wouldn't know. I think the VFL program is important though. We need to get some decent structural talent into the KP's at that level so that players can develop in their proper positions and with some back up around them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back